Antrim's Race for the OLD GOLD JUG Sept. 19,20,21, 2008

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

GARY GLASSER

Post by GARY GLASSER » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:32 am

I am in it for the parade!

Whatever format and whatever points are awarded is fine with me. The emphasis should be on the Am's (or B and C's) to want to keep racing slalom.
My opinion never really counts..but my entry fee does!
I am the slowest COSS slalom racer..Lucky for you!

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

who cares - when was the last (only?) time that points got you laid?

Gary is right - the Pros are into it already, don't discourage the C class racers. If we quit then you big scary fast racers can go back to having the intimate circle jerks you had 5 years ago!

Grow the sport, not your stupid egos
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Ron Barbagallo wrote:who cares - when was the last (only?) time that points got you laid?
I don't know about that, but getting laid got me points (on my driver's license) once...moving vehicle and all. ;-)
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Jack,

You ask an excellent question...and the way the system works now, there is no clear cut answer. I reckon the only answer would be to create a new "World Rankings" system as in golf....where basically everyone competes on the same level regardless of Pro/Am or Senior status. Look at Greg Normans recent performance at the British Open a few weeks ago, he moved up some 200+ points in the 'World Rankings' and qualified to play in next years Masters, not bad for a 53 year old. So if No. 16 is an Am (or senior), hell yes he earns more points than 17-48.

Tway

Mike Ohm

Antrim

Post by Mike Ohm » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:54 am

Where do we pay?
Damn Skippy

Miguel Marco

Re: Antrim

Post by Miguel Marco » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:11 am

Mike Ohm wrote:Where do we pay?
http://www.antrimcc.com/Home_harvest/index.htm

Hit the add to cart button.

I'm betting we're facing each other again... ;) :D

Mike Ohm

Antrim

Post by Mike Ohm » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanks Mig!
Damn Skippy

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Accommodations!

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:21 am

As many of you were informed we were trying to rent a few big homes for us to stay in. Brian and the crew have been working hard on it. It hasn't been accomplished so we are all pretty much on our own to make the descisions.

Brian has fowarded all of us some excellent alternatives so please confirm and book fast to help them out. MB & I want to Thank Brian for all the work in advance again.
Many Happy Pumps!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:07 am

**SCHEDULE CHANGE**

Sheer numbers of entrants are causing changes to the schedule

Qualifying will start around Noon Friday. We will qualify on the same dual Hybrid course we'll run on Saturday.

Friday's race will be a SINGLE lane 100 cone chalenge.

Saturday's Classes are being expanded to include a C class to allow for more racers.

The beginer race will be moved to Sunday to allow for more brackets Saturday.

An indoor location with polished concrete floor has been secured as a back up.

More information will be forthcoming, but the most important change is that you want to be in town by lunchtime Friday for qualifying.

email iaco (at) comcast (dot) net with issues or questions

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks for all the hard work Joe and Brian!

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:17 pm

Juliet at the Maplehurst Inn in Antrim offered the Chamber discounted room rates ($30.00 a person) if we fill the whole Inn.
If we don't fill the entire place, the discount is 10% off the normal rate... that includes a full breakfast every morning.

I just spoke with her & there are 6 rooms still available.
Some of the rooms sleep up to 5 people comfortably... one room has a full kitchen.

Log on to their website @ http://www.nh-inn.com/index-1.html and take a look at the rooms.
Call Juliet (owner) @ 1-603-588-3888 if you have any questions.

Let's try to book the Inn so we can get the killer discount of $30.00 per person per night!!!!

Brian Beihl

Driving Directions to Antrim + Directions from Airport

Post by Brian Beihl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi, Folks:

I just reposted these same directions at
http://www.slalomskateboard.com/Driving ... rimNH.html

Please give me a buzz at 603-620-8300 when you get close to Antrim so we can hook up and I can get you to your lodging.

Brian

Directions to
Antrim, NH
for Antrim Can/Am Championships

Below are written directions from Boston, Portland, Hartford, New York, & Burlington.
Antrim is located in south central New Hampshire, 1.75 hours from Boston, 2 hours from Hartford, 3 hours from Portland, and 3.5 hours from Burlington, 4 hours from suburban NYC.

Eastern Massachusetts:
There are a few ways to get here from Eastern Mass, one more direct than the other.
ROUTE A - DIRECT -- Recommended -- Take I-93 North to Concord. After the Hookset tolls ($0.75, cash lanes on left). A couple of miles past the tolls take exit right on I-89 North (marked to Vermont / Lebonon, NH) Take I-89 North about past Hopkinton, about 5 miles from Concord, to a LEFT EXIT (Exit 5) for U.S. Route 202 / Keene, NH. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions below.

ROUTE B - SHORTER BUT ON LOCAL ROADS Take Rt. 3 north to Nashua, NH from I-95 / I-495. Take Exit 8, marked for NH 101A Milford / Peterborough and the Monadnock Region. This is a bypass which will wrap you around to 101A. When you reach 101A (Light/Ground Round @ corner ) turn right. 101A is a shopping corridor and will be congested for about 7 miles. Prior to entering Milford, 101A intersects with 101 E/W. Go under the bridge and turn left on to 101 West to Keene/Peterborough/Wilton. Follow 101 west over the railroad tracks to a light, turning left. Stay on Rt. 101 about 2.5 miles past Wilton, where you will see a sign on the right for Rt. 31 North. Follow 31 North a couple of blocks and turn left past The Wilton Police station. Follow 31 through Lyndeborough and Greenfield. Just past the beautiful Greenfield Town House turn RIGHT and continue on Rt. 31. The sign should say to Bennington. Follow 31 into Bennington where you will turn right at the Bennington library. Following the signs to Rt. 202, turn left at the Bennington Garage. Rt. 202 will be ahead about four blocks. Turn right and follow the directions "From the South."

Western Massachusetts/Connecticut/New York
Take I-91 into Vermont. Just over the border, take Exit 3 marked for NH Rt. 101 and NH Rt. 9. At the base of the exit there is a rotary. Go half way around and go straight into New Hampshire. You'll travel through Chesterfield, Spofford and over the mountain into Keene. You'll pass a large shopping center on your left, then about 1/2 mile ahead there will be a light where Rt. 9 will split off from Rt. 101. Continue northeast on Rt. 9 for about 25 miles. You'll pass through Roxbury, Nelson, Stoddard, and then into western Antrim. This is moose country -- be alert while you're going through this area. After you pass Antrim's state rest area on the left, start looking for signs for Rt. 31 South on the RIGHT. Follow Rt. 31 all the way into Antrim's village. JUST BEFORE you hit downtown you will see a white church on your left and a small red brick house on your right. TURN RIGHT at West Street. Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard Slalom Clinic signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.

Northern Vermont & Quebec
Take I-89 south from Burlington, VT and Hanover, NH to Exit 5, marked for Keene / Peterborough. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions below.

Maine & Eastern New Hampshire
Take Route 4/202/9 west from Portsmouth to Concord, NH. On the east side of Concord, merge on to I-393 which will intersect with I-93 in about four miles. Take I-93 South/Manchester to the south side of Concord where I-93 intersects with I-89 North. Take I-89 North about past Hopkinton, about 5 miles from Concord, to a LEFT EXIT (Exit 5) for U.S. Route 202 / Keene, NH. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions below.

From the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Approx. 50 minutes to Antrim

Follow the signs to exit the airport, which will spill you out on Brown Ave. You'll find a row of gas stations and convenience stores along the way if you want to get a snack before you leave. When you get to the I-293 overpass, turn right to get on the highway toward I-93. You'll come to a LEFT exit which takes you North toward Concord. Follow I-93N through the Hooksett tolls ($1.00 cash or EZ Pass), to the intersection of I-89 and I-93. Take I-89 North about past Hopkinton, about 5 miles from Concord, to a LEFT EXIT (Exit 5) for U.S. Route 202 / Keene, NH. Follow Rt. 202 South through Henniker and into Hillsborough. Exit right on to an exit for Rt. 202 Antrim/Bennington. At the stoplight / McDonalds continue straight on 202. Follow south about 6 miles to downtown Antrim, then follow the "From the North" directions below.

LOCAL DIRECTIONS ONCE YOU'RE IN ANTRIM . . . . .
Local directions to Great Brook Middle School, Antrim, where free gym housing, registration and clinic will be held.
Main Street in downtown Antrim is also U.S. Route 202. All routes below will end up on Rt. 202.

From the south,
you will reach a hill, with red brick mills on your left. Continue through a blinking yellow light, town hall will be on your left, the Maplehurst Inn on your right. You will reach a "Y" in the road. Take the LEFT fork (Rt 31 North) then immediately your next LEFT (West Street). Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard Slalom Clinic signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.

From the north,
You'll pass a cemetery on your left as you come into town. You will stop at a stop sign with a Dunkin Donuts on your left. Make a HARD RIGHT on to Rt. 31 North, then immediately your next LEFT (West Street). Cross the bridge and follow the bright yellow Skateboard signs up the hill to School Street. On Friday, school will be letting out. PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Park in the 2nd parking lot and look for the registration tent by the flag pole.

Please do not skateboard on the hill or school grounds on Friday until authorized to do so.
=============================================================================
Antrim Home & Harvest Festival
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Brian Beihl

Ride Sharing from Airport

Post by Brian Beihl » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 pm

We plan to offer some shuttle runs to the airport, but I need to narrow the times down.

1) If you're renting a car and are willing to help transport, please let me know what time you're coming in. Please send me an email with a Subject of "WILL TRANSPORT" with your itinerary so I can match you up with somebody who's renting a car. oldgoldjug@antrimcc.com

2) If you're NOT renting a car, please send me an email with a subject of "NEED RIDE" and your itinerary. If you've already contacted me, I've already got you on my list.

That's a huge. Thanks.

Brian
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Brian Beihl

Antrim Race Schedule

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:31 am

Schedule for the
Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championship

Schedule for the
Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championship

Thursday, September 18
Afternoon--Racers begin to arrive, register, fill out waivers, get directions to housing

Friday, September 19
6 a.m. to 9:15 AM Road Open to allow school traffic to pass
9:15 Road Closed
9:15 - 10:30 AM Course set up
10:30 AM Practice begins
12 PM Qualification begin for ABC bracketing
4 p.m.- 7 p.m. 100 Cone Single Lane Challenge-- Summer Street Hill
6 p.m. Pizza, soda, salad
7 p.m. Road Reopens overnight

Saturday, September 20
7 a.m. Breakfast at Presbyterian Church (racer meals covered)
8 a.m.- Road Closed
8 a.m.- Practice Begins
9 a.m. - Dual Hybrid Slalom Racing Begins - Rotating A B C bracket
11:15 a.m.- Break for parade -- Skaters join parade at junction of
Rt . 31 and North Main Street.
Noon - Lunch on the hill during Soap Box Derby
12:30 - 5:30 p.m. Dual Hybrid Racing Resumes
5:30 - 7:00 Proceed to Tenney Farm for dinner - Hot dogs, Hamburgers,
corn, chips, drink. (racer meals covered--$3.00 extra for upgrade to BBQ chicken)
7 - 9 p.m. Live music & fireworks @ Tenney Farm, .5 miles south on 202

Sunday, September 21
7 a.m. Continental Breakfast at the top of the hill (racer meals covered)
8 a.m.- Road Closed
8 a.m.- Practice Begins
9 a.m. - GS Slalom Racing Begins
Noon - Blessing of the racers
Discounted lunch from Rick & Diane's
12:30 - 3 p.m. 50 Cone GS Racing Resumes

1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Amateur Race at the base of Summer Street. Free registration, helmet required, waiver signed by parent required.
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Brian Beihl

Rain Contingency for Racing

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:47 am

Hi, Racers:

At Joe's suggestion, we have set up a contingency location in case of weather. We have negotiated access to a former business forms printer's warehouse in Peterborough, 12 miles to the south.

IF the weather is projected to be bad on Friday, but not Saturday or Sunday, we'll squish Friday's race into Saturday's and/or Sunday and race outside.

IF more than one day is likely to be affected by the weather, we'll put the warehouse into use.
This is a 320' run in a big open warehouse, with lighting. The floor is very smooth, but will need to be swept. We'll bring down the ramps, but you'll have to provide the rest yourself!

I have pictures of the outside at
http://www.slalomskateboard.com/AntrimC ... gency.html

Hopefully, we won't need it!

Brian
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Everybody!

Information on rules and such will be out shortly but I wanted to make you aware of a couple of things.

1. THE PARADE. One of the really cool things about Antrim is the skaters march / ride in the parade. If you are equipped or inclined, please bring stickers, candy, menthol cigarettes to hand out to the kids and crowd. If you are sponsored you might hand out a sticker with your sponsors website stamped on the back.

2. The Beginner's race. For the third year in a row the kids from the town will assemble on the opposite end of our run out hill for a short, wide, straight race. This year we're going to rope it off during the GS. With 80 some participants in the GS, I expect each of you will have time to meet and assist these new racers. Do you have some bushings that are too squishy for you, some chunked up wheels? Bring em along and stoke out a new kid. We all wanna grow the sport. Here is your chance to do something about it.

3. Friday, September 19th, we will qualify for Saturday's racing and do the 100 cone challenge. It is also International Talk Like a Pirate Day. http://www.talklikeapirate.com/faq.html Now I'm not saying there will be any penalties for not talking like a pirate, but why chance it?

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Yarrrr - I'll be bringin' some stickers and bushins fer ya' Joey
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:05 pm

For Antrim virgins, you can see the hill here. Courses will be pretty close to the same as dictated by the contours of the hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elZ3OaIg ... re=related

Brian Beihl

50 dubloons or 50 lashes

Post by Brian Beihl » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Me Hardies:

Not paying your registration on Friday results in being hung from the highest yard arm plus 20 lashes with the cat o'nine tails. No rum ration, neither.

Arrrrrrrrr.

Cap'n Brian

(Interpretation: If you haven't paid your registration yet, please get it done ASAP. PayPal it at http://www.slalomskateboard.com or send by mail to Antrim Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 474, Antrim, NH 03440-0474 Thx. )
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Avast, prepare to be boarded Antrim...and hand over the loot!
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:57 pm

À l'abordage!
Cachez votre rhum et vos femmes, on jette l'ancre dans une semaine!
Ride more, post less.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:55 pm

Pierre Gravel wrote:À l'abordage!
Cachez votre rhum et vos femmes, on jette l'ancre dans une semaine!
Aggghhhh! FOREIGN PIRATES! No way are you getting our "rhum" and our "femmes"...we'll keel haul the lot 'o ya!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:08 am

Alright Boys and Girls,

If you have not paid, you need to do so tomorrow or contact Brian and tell him how you promise to pay in Maple Syrup and Wild Hickory nuts. Otherwise risk losing your space, we've got a waiting list to honor. Please paypal here;
http://www.slalomskateboard.com

Couple of extra items. Expect chilly nights and mornings, the forcasted low is in the mid 40's.

Also I have zero Cingular service in the whole town, but Verizon seems to work ok. You might let your loved ones know that you'll be hard to get a hold of.

Joe

T Whalen

Antrim Ride?

Post by T Whalen » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Any Antrim racers passing though north of Boston on Friday AM that I could get a ride with? I could make any point north of Boston (either on 93, 495 or 3) all the way up to Concord NH work.

If interested send me an email or PM.

Thanks,
Terry Whalen

George pappas

continental surf expo

Post by George pappas » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 am

Nomadic skate rat freshly de-loused looking for a ride from manchester N.H. to Antrim on wed eve my flight arrives at 5:30 pm reply to pappasino@yahoo.com

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 am

Lou Statman is having "technical difficulties," so I'm posting this on his behalf. He needs a ride from the Manchester airport (uh, that's Manchester, New Hampshire, not England) to Antrim on Thursday. His plane arrives in Manchester at 3:40 p.m. Anyone got any room in their vehicle for him? He's friendly, intelligent and housebroken. (No lice, either. :-))

E-mail him at louisstatman at yahoo dot com.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:29 am

For Sale at Antrim (or anywhere I can ship to)

Gear from Sean's quiver to benefit his children's education.

Taking offers on;

DECKS
Foam Roe Unlimited (Medium Stiff)
Wood Roe 25" Keith Hollien
Chixll Regular footed Asymetrical
Vintage Blizzard slalom deck

TRUCKS
Radikal Dragon Claw and Tail
Radikal Dragon Claw
TTC 110
TTC 129
Chindy Offset

WHEELS
Sets of Manx in 80/84/88
Shaved Avalons in white and orange
4 green Avilas
4 shaved Avilas green/yellow
4 black Cambria
4 83 mm flys 75a
4 90 mm flys 81a

BUSHINGS ETC
1 full set Radikals
Used Stims
Radikal Risers
1 Full Set Ti Radikal Axles (fine)
all size Ti Radikal Axles (fine)
T&R Silver Toe Block

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:43 am

Joe PM me re: the Blizzard deck and the manx. If it's a cutaway I have interest; sounds like it is.

LAVIN
LAVIN

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:56 pm

Welcome to New England everyone! Frost Advisory in effect for tonight - bring your frost wheels. Ever run cones on black ice, and been in a parade between runs?

Really looking forward to seeing everyone here in "Southern Canada"...parlez vous Francais?

Let's GET IT ON!!!!!

-RF

Brian Beihl

Park on Jameson Ave.

Post by Brian Beihl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Good Morning:

For FRIDAY ONLY, please park on Jameson Ave (where the skate park & tennis courts are) or downtown. School is in session, the parking lot at the top of the hill will be full.

See you soon!

Brian Beihl
Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Rob Giorgi

Post by Rob Giorgi » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Joe,
Check your email. I know your busy with the event.
Thanks Rob

Dan Parrish

Antrim Pix

Post by Dan Parrish » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:30 am

Just back from Antrim and still on an adrenaline high. What an great event.
Now, I may not get out that much, but I had no idea how many Excellent skaters we have out there. I only took a few pictures, but here they are...
http://gallery.me.com/parrish#100031

THANK YOU ANTRIM, BRIAN, JOE, GLEN and all those that made this possible!

Brian Beihl

Great Pix

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:44 am

Hi, Dr. Dan:

Thanks for the pictures. Particularly like the dual hybrid pictures. Most excellent!

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:38 am

RESULTS!!!

A Group Dual Hybrid
-------------------
(Rank Name Qual-Time Qual-Pos)
1 Martin Reaves 17,834 1
2 Jason Mitchell 18,198 2
3 Greg Fadell 18,465 4
4 David Pirnack 18,236 3
5 Richy Carrasco 18,670 5
6 Louis Ricard 18,813 6
7 Sebastien Leger 19,073 9
8 Miguel Marco 19,182 10
9 Karl Floitgraf 18,890 7
10 Claude Regnier 19,006 8
11 Joel Putrah 19,274 11
12 Keith Hollien 19,316 12
13 Justin Collins 19,326 13
14 Brian Parsons 19,521 14
15 Noah Heinle 19,534 15
16 Pierre Gravel 19,577 16

B Group Dual Hybrid
-------------------
1 John Stryker 19,583 1
2 John Ravitch 20,025 6
3 Jonathan Harms 19,593 2
4 Brad Jackman 19,908 5
5 Pascal Jean 19,763 3
6 Troy Smart 19,865 4
7 Rick Floyd 20,188 9
8 Lynn Kramer 20,225 10
9 Chris Barrett 20,044 7
10 Marty Schaub 20,154 8
11 Danilo Percich 20,341 11
12 Mike Ohm 20,511 12
13 Brian Werner 20,705 14
14 Etienne Salvail 20,927 17
15 Glenn Chapman 20,955 18
16 Chris Pappas 21,191 20
17 Cat Young 20,688 13
18 Rob Sydia 20,762 15
19 Michel Gamache 20,858 16
20 Eric Brassard 21,175 19
21 Bernie Schroeder 21,295 21
22 Lou Statman 21,311 22
23 Terry Whalen 21,459 23
24 Julie Boulanger 21,817 24
25 Gib Lewis 22,515 25
26 Earl Cephas 22,588 26
27 wentzle Ruml IV 22,604 27
28 Stephen Lavin 22,620 28
29 Mark Kovachi 22,904 29
30 Dominic Perusse 23,129 30
31 Gary Glasser 23,484 31
32 Kélian Duplain 24,012 32

C Group Dual Hybrid
-------------------
1 Emilie Gascon 24,821 5
2 Dan Parrish 24,478 2
3 Joe Iacovelli 24,198 1
4 Scott Snow 24,484 3
5 Jim West 24,852 6
6 Bobby Thomas 25,481 7
7 Ron Barbagallo 25,662 8
8 Raylene Hill 24,609 4
9 Gabriel Duquet 25,879 9
10 Nick Iacovelli 28,505 10
11 Daniel Duquet 29,937 11
12 Ken Murray 99,000 12
13 Riley Shroeder 99,000 13
14 Gleb budilovsky 99,000 14

Open GS (fastest time out of 4 runs)
----------
1 Martin Reaves 24,547
2 Jason Mitchell 24,888
3 Greg Fadell 25,616
4 Jonathan Harms 25,751
5 Louis Ricard 25,757
6 Richy Carrasco 25,962
7 Noah Heinle 25,980
8 Sebastien Leger 26,096
9 Adam Swchippert 26,164
10 David Pirnack 26,273
11 Keith Hollien 26,329
12 Miguel Marco 26,610
13 Brad Jackman 26,655
14 Troy Smart 26,662
15 Joel Putrah 26,785
16 Eric Brassard 26,803
17 Justin Collins 26,858
18 Pascal Jean 26,911
19 Rick Floyd 26,996
20 John Stryker 27,009
21 Karl Floitgraf 27,091
22 John Ravitch 27,091
23 Claude Regnier 27,116
24 Mike Ohm 27,127
25 Chris Barrett 27,227
26 Brian Parsons 27,378
27 Curt Debartolo 27,468
28 Terry Whalen 27,751
29 Brian Werner 27,761
30 Danilo Percich 27,845
31 Marty Schaub 27,881
32 Lynn Kramer 27,934
33 Etienne Salvail 28,101
34 Chris Pappas 28,112
35 Pierre Gravel 28,132
36 Lou Statman 28,173
37 Cat Young 28,285
38 Dominic Perusse 28,403
39 wentzle Ruml IV 28,649
40 Glenn Chapman 28,856
41 Rob Sydia 28,985
42 Mark Kovachi 29,557
43 Michel Gamache 29,592
44 Gib Lewis 29,621
45 Earl Cephas 29,657
46 Stephen Lavin 29,677
47 Julie Boulanger 29,865
48 Joe Iacovelli 29,909
49 Bernie Schroeder 30,134
50 Dan Parrish 30,276
51 Kélian Duplain 30,384
52 Gary Glasser 30,644
53 Scott Snow 30,647
54 Bobby Thomas 31,094
55 Nick Iacovelli 31,617
56 Gleb Budilovsky 31,903
57 Ken Murray 32,020
58 Emilie Gascon 32,385
59 Ron Barbagallo 32,927
60 Gabriel Duquet 32,976
61 Riley Shroeder 33,214
62 Raylene Hill 33,974
63 Dan Duquet 35,571
64 Jim West DNR

Brian Beihl

Hi-Rez Pictures Needed for Newspapers

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Good Morning:

Thanks again for all who attended the Antrim race. It's raining this morning, so we really were blessed this weekend.

Say, I'm looking for hi-rez pictures (300 PPI or higher) of our winning racers, Richy, Joel, Lynn, Martin, Jason, Greg for the papers. I'm on a deadline today, so if you have some to share, email me ASAP. You'll get credit for the pictures.

Any other really great shots you can share would be welcome, too.

Thanks!

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Brian Beihl

Picture of 100 Cone course + Timer Picture

Post by Brian Beihl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi,

Just got word that I need a picture of Friday's 100-cone course & picture of the timer to verify Richy's record. If you have those, please send to me ASAP to brianbeihl@slalomskateboard.com or oldgoldjug@antrimcc.com.

Thanks!

Brian Beihl
Antrim, NH 03440-00026
www.slalomskateboard.com

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:54 pm

For those that do not go to the "other" site...

Lavin falls on grenade and saves thousands at the Antrim CanAm.

Hardly, but there was the psycho chic that someone had to get rid of so I volunteered. It was a bit like jumping on a grenade but getting to drink beers first.

Antrim rocked. Went to compete with myself (again) and somehow lost?? Anyway, I have never seen such an event with township support such as this from the pastor to the Inn Keeper to Betsy and her apple crisps to Brian B. and his tireless event support and work. Truly amazing. Small town America lives.

Special thanks to Hell Fadell, Richie, Keith, and Marty for whom without I would not have a chance reaching any potential left in me; you guys are selfless dudes and I am proud to always feel included in your company. Rob, you escaped the shrapnel and ended up in the pink so-to-speak; thanks for the fun. Joe you're getting plenty of thanks for a great job done - it was an epic weekend. Mig, you're amazing period. George, you added a fresh touch to the emcee weekend and no one could ask for a better co-host or race coordinator (whatever you were doing) on the weekend. To Emily thanks for the free sex (was truly a spiritual evening) and for putting the chill into Adam's soul. Lastly Mr. Barrett, it's been too long since we've seen you and it should always be that way...

THE GOOD LINK BELOW:
http://www2.snapfish.com/share/p=782221 ... /otsi=SALB

LAVIN
LAVIN

GARY GLASSER

Post by GARY GLASSER » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:25 am

I posted some pics here..I have a few more that will try to put up later

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/f ... 1297199447
I am the slowest COSS slalom racer..Lucky for you!

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:18 am

Many thanks to Joe I, Brian B., Mig, Glenn and Krispy Hill Timing for putting on such a great race event!

George Pappas and Marty Schaub also did great jobs helping with the MCing.

Great meeting the racers from all over - thanks for coming to the northeast!

Terry

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:39 am

Ravitch just sent me this funny vid he took. John kicked-ass this weekend; way to go John.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=43360242
LAVIN

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

100 cone verification

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:28 pm

I know that pictures of the course will not be a problem. I had Michele Gamache(?) take a pic of the timing rig after Richy's run so that does exist. There were other people with cameras there but I know he took a pic for sure.
La Costa Boy For Life

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Hell-Fadell took a snap of the timer and PC pretty sure. That man takes awesome pictures. Also, we have like 50 people that witnessed the event 3 times... well two perfect clean runs with a 10" single cone on the third and one kick-ass world record setting time. If there is any argument on the record I got two high-kicking black belts in my house that are available for hire-out... and for Richie they'll do anything gratis :)
LAVIN

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:19 pm

I got Richy's run and the timer on tape. I'll post it when I catch up.
In the meantime, this was a fast run too...
http://mysite.verizon.net/noahheinle/jm.wmv

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Stephen Lavin wrote: If there is any argument on the record I got two high-kicking black belts in my house that are available for hire-out... and for Richie they'll do anything gratis :)
There is not (yet) any argument about the record. The ISSA rules for world-record reporting call for some sort of documentation to be presented.

Brian asked me if he could submit a photo of the timer and the course as documentation (since he thought they were available). I agreed.

The documentation is so that we won't have the opportunity to argue about this in the future.

BTW: There was an unofficial time reported of 20.179 -- so it would be very nice to have an official timekeeper or race organizer submit the official time.

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Pat Chewning wrote:BTW: There was an unofficial time reported of 20.179 -- so it would be very nice to have an official timekeeper or race organizer submit the official time.
That time is wrong. I was the official timekeeper. I will let the race organizer divulge and submit the official time.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi This Joe your event organizer. I have the recorded times and am waiting the photgraphic proof from the run. Its on video and stills. No sense in rushing until we have the documentation and its verification.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:00 pm

One more thank you...to everyone who signed my now retired Avalanche Ice Rocket snowboard - it looks great and is already on the wall!! I think I got all racers on there, plus George P., both of Joe's parents, Maria Carrasco, and Brian Biehl and Dave Kirkpatrick from Antrim...the local police officer was the only one who refused to sign it! ;-)

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:03 pm

I have video verification and will provide to PC shortly

Richy's clean run was: 21.179.
> >>His other run was: 20.316 plus 4 cones, total 20.716.
> >>Lynn Kramer's fastest run was: 22.989 plus 8 cones, total 23.789

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

PM me if you can host the video, I'll email it to you.

Miguel Marco

Complete GS results

Post by Miguel Marco » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:50 pm

The complete GS results are now online at worldcupranking.com. Choose Qualification to see all your runs in detail.

Complete results for the Dual Hybrid should be there as soon as Marcus is done prepping them.