[2013] Race in Western Mass, Sept 7

Slalom Skateboarding in New England U.S.A.

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Karl Floitgraf

Dan Parrish

[2013] Race in Western Mass, Sept 7

Post by Dan Parrish » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:19 am

It's that time of year again, summer winding down, vacation time dwindling, looking for something memorable to to mark the summer of "aught-13" -- well, how about coming to

THE 6th ANNUAL BARBEQUE/SKATEBOARD RACE
South Hadley, MA. September 7th, 10am

If you haven't attended yet here's the run down:
The race is run literally out of my driveway and down my street (Ashton Lane). The road is fairly steep and near a dead end. We will start with a Hybrid race from the driveway, followed by a B-Start/ Kid's Race from a bit lower while we light the barbeque and grill what we got. If time, interest and bravado remain we will run a "Super -G" from the very top of the hill.
We have not received complaints fro neighbors with this event so far, and hope to keep it that way. There is a very low "bust" likelyhood, but this is an "outlaw" race. Your continued consideration of this situation is both expected and appreciated.
Bring something to grill or come and mooch. Kids and other innocent bystanders welcome as well.
SEE YOU THERE!

ps. - Please let me know if you plan to attend, I'm doing the shopping.

Glenn Chapman

Re: Race in Western Mass, Sept 7, 2013

Post by Glenn Chapman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:37 pm

I am in and Ben is a maybe. I will see if Grant and Elliot are also interested. Thanks for putting this on, it has always been a good time.

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:20 am

I plan to attend so I can claim another "season" of races (more than 1)

I'll let you know as it gets closer if I'm bringing anyone else along for the ride

Thanks again for hosting!

Dan Parrish

Post by Dan Parrish » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:17 am

Glen, Terry, -glad you can make it!

Dave Kirkpatrick

Post by Dave Kirkpatrick » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 am

You can count on me and Bailey, Angus is a maybe. I could take one or two more from this neck of the woods - I'll check in with Emil.

-dk
What could POSSIBLY go wrong??

David Graves-Witherell

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:04 pm

This is always a fun time with friends! I'll be there w/o the girls (dance and fall softball). It will be fun to get back on the board again. Besides 30 mins in April. I haven't skated since Antrim last September. Good thing Dr. Dan will be around :). Looking forward to seeing you all again. It has been too long!

Dan Parrish

Post by Dan Parrish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:35 am

Thank you for your continued interest in the Barbecue/Skateboard Race

Now in its 6th year, the Barbecue/Skateboard race held on South Hadley's Ashton Lane, remains the premier venue for competitive slalom skateboard racing in all of The Pioneer Valley region.
This year we expect to draw from two (2) of the nations 50 states, and the course looks to be as steep as last year's. The locally renowned chef has leaked that this years menu will be anchored by a main course of seared ground sirloin steak patties and authentic American style beef sausage links.
With the recent upgrade to the venue's hot tub spa, there is a real possibility for racers to wind down the post race activities with two forms of liquid muscle relaxers.

If you have not yet responded, there is still time to join in and be a part of this historic event.

See you this Saturday.

Dan
;o)

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks Dan and the Parrish family for hosting and your hospitality!

Fun racing and great warm up for Antrim.

See you all this weekend

Dave Kirkpatrick

Post by Dave Kirkpatrick » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 am

That was a lot of fun, and food! Great seeing everyone again, and yes, what a nice group - racers, kids, spectators, neighbors, even the dog!

Took me a while to get my wheels back, but feeling good by mid-day.

Results, Dan? I need closure. Proof. Documents.

See you all in Antrim!
What could POSSIBLY go wrong??