[2006] Region East Atlantic: Europe

slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:35 pm

Dusseldorf in April, I´m there, Ryan flies to Dusseldorf don´t they?
What are the dates?

PK

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Funny how I always hit post no 50 when I try to make my conclusions. So here it is again as post no 2...

Current Candidates for the two last Primes 2006
- Stockholm, SWE | | August?
- Zürich, SUI | Swiss Slalom Series #4 Final | September 24
- Dusseldorf, GER | Great Western Race Series #2 | October 8

Lot's of time before we need to decide but the sooner we decide the better it is for everybody.

Organizers: You are supposed to speak for your thing and tweak the rules in your favor.
Racers: You are supposed to support the events you believe in and is in your favor.

Then add a big spoon of what is good and fair for the European slalom scene in general.

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 am

Peter and everybody else,
for the Great Western Race Series No.I in Düsseldorf at April the 2nd check under:

viewtopic.php?t=3446
http://www.pavel-skates.com/
raceboards with a soul!

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:32 pm

If the weather will be good Düsseldorf will be a good opener. Nice place and people. Right now about 30 people from France, England, Swiss and Germany have said that they will come so what do we need more...
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:11 am

jadranko is doing a contest in the same region 2 times a year-the same region means,that there are only 20-30 kms distance from grüningen and zürich.
that's a bit too close for my taste and i think for each and everybody's taste,especially ifj-rad would go by the "holy bible",he would see that this definitely is an unfair advantage.
For the distances:

Grueningen --> Zurich 20-30km
Hannover --> Düsseldorf 279km

accord to the size of the country it's the same distance. Every argument can be the distance. Even if we make a race in geneve that are only 277km.

In the meantime I've learned from our Mastermind Jadranko that we all have to follow those damn rules. Wow! Strong words!
Anyway, there are 2 simple criterias Corky set up which make really sense to me:
spread the events out geographically and periodically.
I think you didn't learnd enough.

The Worldranking isn't only about the geographical and the time (spread over the season) criteria. Are those the only which make sense to you ?

There are many more criterias (listed on the website). for an example: take the World Ranking. compare the number of the riders per country, compare their positions in the Ranking, compare what they traveled the last year.

take the organisational part: Who has done somthing yet ? Are the information available somewhere, do you know what you expact (second edition) and so on.

Until we have no weighting on the criterias, there will be a never ending discussion about the statuses. For everyone the order of the importance of the criteria will be diffrent.

I wrote enough and you have all information about our race. The starterfield from last year speaks for it self.

The competition is organised by the Organisation Youth-Generation (official body since 2002) and is supported by Chris Hart (member of the Organisation committee). Maurus (Indiana) is informed as well and he support us as well. We will have 7 Slalom races (no one of this is outlaw) this year in Switzerland and arround 4 Boardercross races. 11 races where you can compete during the season. If think we needed to talk about the support between each other in the swiss scene.

This is what i have to say.
Corky which decision you ever take, for me personaly every decision is Okay.
j-rad should only get one prime this year,anything else will be unfair to the rest in europe,who is trying to get some good races started.
otherwise,we will announce 2 big races next season,with money and sponsors and then it will be even tougher to decide who gets what.the races would be in the same areas we have this year,btw.
since the great western race is a event happening 2 times a year,we should actually get at least one prime,that's how i see it.
Don, in this statement you say what do you really want. As i say before, it's not about my person. I'm the representative of an official organisation (16 people involved), who represent the organisation. As you know, our main target is to promote the SlalomSport here in Switzerland. We have now some good contacts to big companys (not skate companys) here in Switzerland. If we don't get what we want this year, we will get it next year. The most important thing was, that they see that we are alive and that we have interest of their support. Some showed their interest some said that they don't want to support the slalom sport. I try all what i can to show you why we should have this status, but it's not easy to give your my thoughts when you have a problem with me as person. The intuitively arguments show this very well.

I think i needed to speak with you about fair or unfair. It started with the main statuses, i needn't to replay what you wrote about our race. Even if we hadn't the problems which the other organisers had. Perhaps some time is beter to analyse the Fact's as to wrote from your feelings.

/J-Rad

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:59 am

it's not the feelings i really try to be rational on my comments.
we can definitely talk when we meet,no prob.

as far as i'm concerned the swiss scene has had its share for this season.

please don't go and make this statement look emotional,ok?

the decisions on the ranking are sometimes really sketchy,as you also saw recently again,j-rad,no denying that fact.

in the end they will be all good,once you get what you want,isn't it so?

here's my final announcement:
Great Western #II
we will have prize money and some serious stuff to win,good,expensive stuff.
sponsored by carhartt,vans,pavel,concrete wave.de and maybe a few others also.
you all know what that means.
we do have a challenging track for that race which is also scenic.spectators?no problem on that.
hp will be up for the 2nd race also in about a month.
special shirts will be available.
the regional skaters will deliver a tough competition,you all know whére they were ranked last season,now it's a whole new game,you'll see it this season.
we are awaiting quite a few racers for the second race,since we throw enough stimuli in to make it good.
maybe you should go ahead and spice up your event a bit-where's the money?
yeah i know :"money is not everything" but it's a fact that money draws attention.

i'm out of that discussion.
Last edited by Donald Campbell on Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Hinzen

season-opener

Post by Steve Hinzen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:17 am

Damn right, Heiko!

The venue is fantastic. There is a lot of space. It has even a bank with grass on it on one side of the course, which will serve as natural bleachers. Everytime we are riding there, people stop to watch and cheer ....und überhaupt.
http://www.pavel-skates.com/
raceboards with a soul!

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:24 am

The result of the decision is not important for me. The ranking will be probably take over by the ISSA when the BOD is elected. some ideas for changes are in the room.

I hope the decision will be take this time on the facts.
as far as i'm concerned the swiss scene has had its share for this season.
another time an intuitively statement...

what i see from your side are only big words....
I hope all will go well, but if the tourist info didn't know about the event, than it is a bit strange. Another example is the website with the info about the event.
It isn't the discussion here, but it's the explain for my sentence above

i'm out of this discussion...

ps: If you go to our pages you will see the prize-money.
pps: Zurich will get the biggest Freestylepark in Europe http://www.freestylepark.ch/allmend_bru ... hi_res.jpg

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:18 pm

Is a Freestyle-park a park for freestyle?

P.S. : Say hi to all of the Gruningen contest crew from us French stylists...
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:09 pm

Anouncement

Name of event: PIRATE SLALOM #7
Date : Sunday 30/04/2006
Location : Paris - probably Bois de Boulogne (but one other possibility:
Chaville/Forêt de Meudon could be great too)!
planned disciplines: Giant
categories: Open
organizer : Pirate Slalom / Riderz + ConeRacing.com
Entry Fees: 2EUR
website address: <http://pirateslalom.online.fr/>
http://PirateSlalom.online.fr
Contact: <mailto:PirateSlalom@onlineDOTfr> PirateSlalom@onlineDOTfr

[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Steve Hinzen

mmm...

Post by Steve Hinzen » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:57 am

Vinzzz,
I will try to come. I believe I can get 3 or 4 other guys motivated to share a car.
...if some of you guys could help with a place to sleep on Saturday night.

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:33 am

Slalom Ranking Points from Hannover ???? Where ?

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:45 am

Do we missed now a prime status race for Europe ?

candidates:

Over 80 Cones 24. Sept.

Great Western Race 8. Oct.

The deadline for both races is over (8. August).

Does Klangster makes another garage race ?

/J-Rad

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:07 pm

Carsten,

Have a look here http://www.slalomranking.com/rankings/ and click on the events link and then find the Hannover event in the list.

Jadranko,

Yes, it seems like Slalom Skateboard Series 4 (80 cones) is too late now but if decided very quickly (this week) the Great Western Race could be a Prime still.

Should not be problem to decide since there is only this event we know of as Prime candidate for the remaining time of the year. We had hoped for the English guys to make some noice but...

Maybe there will be another WinterClash in Stockholm... or elsewhere?

Guillaume Saint-Criq

Post by Guillaume Saint-Criq » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:52 pm

Hans Koraeus wrote:Have a look here http://www.slalomranking.com/rankings/ and click on the events link
"Lyon Slalom Cup" (09/09/2006) is missing in the event list :
viewtopic.php?t=3959

edit :
CowBoys Road (Vendée, 27/08) is missing too:
viewtopic.php?t=2894

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:31 pm

ok,corky

we still want the prime for great western
the cologne crew is at hand and we will have a VERY GOOD contest.
thanks
don

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:10 pm

I'm gonna be there as well. :-D

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:49 pm

I posted the Swedish open on may 4th

I guess it´s to late in your book Corky

I feel like I just got ramed up the ass

The swedish Open is a Prime and that´s that corky

Macster will never put on a race, guess why? don´t make me come to the same conclusion

Pissed off
PK

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:48 pm

Peter, I have explained for you but I can explain for others as well that when it comes to Prime, Main and Major statuses it is not enough to just post or talk about that you want to organize an event. And by post meaning that it is either in the contest calendar here at slalomskateboarder or at NCDSA (or directly at www.slalomranking.com ).

When it comes to Prime, Main and Major statuses it has also to be decided since there are limited number of these statuses. This is where the hard knot is in the current World Ranking system. I think it is a fair system and I prefer having the knot early on than to have discussions just before, or even worse, after competitions when you know how results will affect specific persons.

When decided and everybody have had a chance to have a say then the status is official. Why 80 cones and Great Wetsern Race did not get the Prime statuses directly when discussed early on this year was because there was disagreement. And also because it was not so urgent at the time being so far away. Maybe other events would come up during the season who would want to candidate for a Prime status. Stockholm for example or some english events that we really would like to see happen.

It is in the organizers interest and also his responsability to make sure he does everything he can to gain his aimed World Ranking status. If that is in his interest. If it is of no interest then no reason to complain either. But hopefully an organizer also think about the many racers that may be interested to come also depending on the World Ranking status. That is a very good carrot and should be worth fighting for.

Donald should be thankful to Jadranko who brought this up in the last second for the Great Western Race Oct 8. The situation right now is much different than early on this year. Right now there is only one known candidate around the 2 month limit needed for a Prime status. And we are seeing the end of the season. And there are two Prime stauses still to give out for Europe. Right now there is no reason not giving one of them to "the Great Western Race".

P.S. And I don't think this have anything to do with why Marcus says he will never want to put on a race again. If that is what you say he is saying.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:05 pm

no problem for us.

we take the basic or plain status. It's just an one lane competition with a diffrent modus in Zurich. It will be nice to have some German's in Zurich. I think chris eggers and christoph baumann are looking to come for the race, some italian's as well. the spectators are just 1 meter from the course away and there will be many of them.

/J-Rad

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:15 pm

80 Cones is a highly recommendable Contest. Since the difficulty of the courses and the riders' level is increasing towards the end of the race and because of the big crowd that's gonna be lined up there, is is a contest to show up.

Rumor has it that even Vlad Popov is coming...who knows...

rmn

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:40 pm

What about Platon Ellenin will he show up as well?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:17 am

Hum...either him or Vlad, we don't know...or even both? What about you?

Visiting Zurich in the early autumn...

rmn

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:00 am

ok.... take the fights for points aside....

PETER?

some of you swedes coming?

we got a pool,we got some tracks,we got the drive,we got the vibes,we got enough free places to stay

we want to see you too
battle it out with our french and english friends the last time befre santa knocks at your door.

so wassup?

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 am

Donald you can have the last Prime, that´s not my point (reciving the status). I want to make an argument till next year. We all have to agree on a decision making presses for status. No more of this ad hoc shit. All Status for 2007 should be crystal clear and posted before march 1st. If ISSA don’t have the balls to do it I do.

Personally, I think its bullshit with limited amount of statuses if more races then 4 races have great ryders it should have high status.

CHEERS
PK

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 am

peter

you're just repeating what i said about the statuses,that's what has to happen,definitely!!!
good to hear it from another experienced rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i also didn't intend to take anything away from you,bro.

but again,i'm asking:YOU COMING????????????????????????????

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:30 pm

Nothing is taken away from anyone. And there is still one Prime status left for Europe. And I fully agree that statuses has to be decided as early as possible. And that is how it works already. And that is why some are missing out on statuses. They are too late. For europe all statuses except two Prime statuses was decided early on this year. Now, a third has gone to Germany. So there is one left.

But I'm totally against that statuses are decided after they have been done. You can't have a World Cup event and then when people arrive "Sorry it's no longer a World Cup because not enough racers have come". People who come should not be punished. Better punish those who don't come. And why limited statuses? So that there is some control over the attendance factor. At least for the higher statsues Major and Main it's more fair that people know how to priority their travels during the season. And to make most of the good guys show up at the same events. We can't force people to travel to each and every event during the year. There is not enough money in our budget for that. And it will favor too much those who is living nearby and disfavor those who has to travel far.

ISSA will set up a work group to look over the World Ranking rules for 2007. All ideas are welcome of course. Good and bad. It would have been really easy to set up strict rules from the beginning but the slalom scene has to mature along with them also. No use having hard rules if nobody can follow them or if they will cripple the whole ranking system.

Most events are still in their early stages when it come to organisation and running a perfect slalom race. We are far from it and we just have to move ahead step by step.