Splitting Pro and Am statuses (ie for Pro only events)

slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Splitting Pro and Am statuses (ie for Pro only events)

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:42 am

This is a hidden feature in the World Ranking system that few know about. I came to think about it a while back when Chris Barker wondered what would happen if the planned Pro circus would happen over in the States. There is a solution for this and it then hit me that it could be useful for splitting statuses for other reasons as well.

Statuses are limited but are not forced to be set-up as a package for the whole event.

Ex:
If USA East only has 2 Main statuses for their region they could very well make 4 events share those events. For example 2 events has the Main status Pro Class and 2 other events has the Main status Am class.

The division could be on classes as well. For example there could be specific event holding the Main Status Junior Class. Or there could be a specific event holding a Main status Women’s event.

The important thing is just to make sure there are not more classes counted with Main points than there should be. For example if you have two events with Main Pro Status the pro’s going to the event with Main Am Status might only get Basic points for example.

This can be done in very complex set-ups and is why I have not really pushed for it. But if there is a Pro only American Cup they might take all the Main Pro Statuses. But all the other Main Status classes can still then be used by other events.

A disadvantage with splitting things up is that it might create the need for more travel for the racers if you want to race multiple classes or there are multiple classes represented in your family or among your friends.

Just wanted to make this option visible now that there are many organizers fighting for statuses in some regions. This could be used as a way to share statuses and the possibilities are many.

Complicated Example:
My big competition
Legends class: Main status
Pro Class: None
Am class: Main status
Wom class: Prime status
Jun classes: Major status

Sleep on that one. ;-)