Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Different Point levels for Juniors

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:58 am

Hey guys

Most races don't have a very large Junior Class. I am organizing my race for next month to happen at my school with mostly teenagers and I am looking to have James West, Adam Schwippert(Junior Champ 2005), Bryan Werner, Ben Chapman(3rd Place Junior Overall 2004) and possibly Josh Byrd in attendence. Not to mention the whole Needham School team.

So yes my race is obviously a basic for adults but if you compare it to junior divisions at other races it's huge. Is there any way to take that into account? Possibly give more points in this division to only the junior counting of the world ranking?

Although I'll probably not be the one doing it as I am entering the Mens Open this season, but eventually I think there should be a Race designated as the Junior US Nationals.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Dedicated Jr races

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:04 am

Great initiative! I think as slalom grows, the idea of dedicated Jr races makes a lot of sense.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:20 am

Karl, it will make sense to have a bigger World Ranking Status for your race.

You are on the right way man ! We have now three schools here in the Region of Zurich (Switzerland) which have a regular Slalom training. There are now arround 30 Kids in a area of arround 15 miles who started the training. The good thing is, that it's official from the side of the school and they pay to the instructore for his invested time. It's now a pilot project which is held to the 16 of july. We hope than to include as many schools as possible. The interest of the kids for skateboarding is very big, and those who aren't skating love to watch to the other's.

We received 20 complete decks and safetygear for the Kids. We gave the Safetygear to the Kids for free. The boards are only to borrow and they have to give it back at the 16 of july, but at the same time they have the chance to buy this boards for a fair price.

We just selled 8 of the 20 boards and the start of the training was last Monday.

You have a lot of skate producers in the US. Ask them if they can give you some Testboards and Safetygear, it needn't to be new. The parants of the kids love what we make with the kids and for the kids it is good, because they advance their balance, coordination, motion and concentration skills.

The good thing is, that the parrents hasn't first to pay hundreds of $$$ and than to see, that the Kid isn't interested in doing this sport. It is another way and it can be very interesting for the skate producers to give some complete boards with safetygear to lend for the kids. If the Kid is happy, the parants will buy the board. That are our experience which we make. In the age between 10 and 16 the kids learn very fast. We have now 5 more participants for our slalom-series (www.slalom-series.ch) which includes 4 races.

J-Rad

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:55 pm

J-rad

Right on man!!
Yeah Abec 11 and Gravity have sent wheels and decks. We still need some better newbie slalom set ups.

Bryan and I will be in europe during that this summer maybe. Is Needham High School invited to compete with the Swiss Gymnasiums?

[/url]
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:18 pm

Nice shirt !

Tell me when you are here and i will organise a junior competiton. If you both need a place to stay, you are welcome everytime at my house, you can stay as long as you want and travel with me by car to the competitions which are reach by maximum of 3 hours car drive from my house, expect Latvia (a very nice place) there we need to go by plane.

There will be the Europeanchampionchips 1/2 July in Latvia, 8. July a Skateboardcross organiced by Maurus Strobel in Lucern, Switzerland(www.burningwheelstour.ch), 15 July a race of the Slalom-Series in Wetzikon (www.slalom-series.ch), 22/23 July the Worlds in Brixlegg, Austria and a junior competition in Switzerland between this dates. The other swiss youngsters have holiday during the month of July, so you can hang the whole day out with skating.

I live with two friends together and we aren't much older (21 years) then you. I'm shure you will have a nice time here.

J-Rad

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:27 pm

Karl,

This is very possible and a hidden possibility in the ranking system that nobody have made use of as yet. I just wrote about that not so long ago. I will try to find the post and make a link to it from here.

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:38 pm

I found it!

Splitting Am and Pro races

The title is maybe not very clear but this is closer than you might think to what you are asking about. Have a look.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:57 pm

Sweet! So could I possibly get main or major status for juniors only?
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:18 pm

Yes you could but...

You will have to follow same rules as other events.
You must keep the time advance rules to publish in good time before the event.
You have to be aware of the total number of statuses given out per region.

For example:
If you want Major Junior you have to contact organizer for the selected Major this year, US nationals, and agree on that his junior class will not count as Major but yours will.

If you want a Main Junior class you have to contact any of the Main status organizers in the same region you want to organize your junior event and and agree on that his junior class will not count as Main but yours will.

Same thing for Prime Status.

I didn't say it was easy. I just said it is possible. :-)
If you have any specific questions I will help out as much as I can.