Statuses & Ranking 2010 - What do we do?

slalomranking.com
Ranking, Rules and Discussion for International Slalom Skateboard Ranking

Moderator: Hans Koraeus

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Statuses & Ranking 2010 - What do we do?

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Copied here from the Grenoble topic where we shouldn't discuss general status handling...

Sj Kalliokoski wrote:
Jani Soderhall wrote:
Sj Kalliokoski wrote:What is status for this race?
Unfortunately the organizers cannot reply with a clear answer, as the new ISSA nomenclature is not being assured by ISSA or the EU Status Mashales. "Main" equivalent I'd say, probably "National".

/Jani
Thanks Jani, that was my point, process does not work currently and this will be real mess related rankings. I really hope that these new rules would be published soonest AND races would be sanctioned accordingly.
Or then new status changes would be post poned untill next year, but current situation is silly.
I start to be tired to nagging about this but something should be done ASAP else this will not be good for sport.

Here's a kind of hot suggestion: The BOD does not seem to act upon this message. Should we just neglect the 2010 ranking decisions and just continue with last years ranking system? At least like that we can get on with the current season knowing what we're doing, rather than just sit around and wait for something to happen?

Peter Klang, are you out there?
Dominik, want to jump in?

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: Euro statuses 2010 - What do we do?

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Copied here from the Grenoble topic where we shouldn't discuss general status handling...

Sj Kalliokoski wrote:
Jani Soderhall wrote: Unfortunately the organizers cannot reply with a clear answer, as the new ISSA nomenclature is not being assured by ISSA or the EU Status Mashales. "Main" equivalent I'd say, probably "National".

/Jani
Thanks Jani, that was my point, process does not work currently and this will be real mess related rankings. I really hope that these new rules would be published soonest AND races would be sanctioned accordingly.
Or then new status changes would be post poned untill next year, but current situation is silly.
I start to be tired to nagging about this but something should be done ASAP else this will not be good for sport.

Here's a kind of hot suggestion: The BOD does not seem to act upon this message. Should we just neglect the 2010 ranking decisions and just continue with last years ranking system? At least like that we can get on with the current season knowing what we're doing, rather than just sit around and wait for something to happen?

Peter Klang, are you out there?
Dominik, want to jump in?

/Jani
I agree with Jani's suggestion to use the old system. Right now I'm avoiding going to races because it doesn't seem worth it to spend the money to travel if there is nothing to chase competition-wise.

Add to that I am supposed to be the NA points admin, but there is no points table, nowhere to submit it if there was, and no results are being submitted to me anyway. The calendar shows the old statuses anyway. Let's change next year instead.

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:56 am

OK, so maybe it's not a EU only topic. Maybe I'll move it to another thread. Let's see some more comments though.

/Jani

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:42 pm

What is the status of Corky's points system/site?? Will we use it this year, modified for the new system?
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Rick Floyd wrote:What is the status of Corky's points system/site?? Will we use it this year, modified for the new system?
Corky has said that he will not perform any work on the new system. What I suggested is that we use "his" system to upload the results, at least for the archive. And, in doing so, all of a sudden a ranking will be calculated too. According to the old system, yes, but at least there's a ranking.

/Jani