Slalomers in San Pedro

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Slalomers in San Pedro

Post by Steve Collins » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:09 am

Hey all,

Adam started up this new Southern California forum at my request. Then he made me moderator. Oops! Trust me everybody, I'm not trying to put myself forward as anything special. I've already told Adam that I'll just stand in until a better local rider comes forward to do justice to the role. I don't have to point out that this area is packed with awesome skaters. Me, I'm just an intermediate at best.

Come on Local Legend, this ought to be your job.

Anyway - I've got a bunch of great slalom spots in my home town of San Pedro. If you want to session with me, let me know. Early mornings amd weekends are what I like. There is even a sweet 15 cone run in front of my house, if you want to meet the family.

See ya!

Stevie

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

So Cal

Post by Jack Smith » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:35 pm

Hey Stevie,

I'm glad to see this forum. We really need to encourage the younger skaters to give slalom a try. Let me know if I can help?

Are you going to the Bicknell Blitz?

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:55 pm

Welcome Steve.

You will do a good job.

Jack, maybe I've missed it but what is the "Bicknell Blitz?" Sounds like a www.ncdsa.com announced gathering.

May I ask that you or someone else post something here on it so people who don't know (me for one) could know more about this gathering/race? Maybe Steve will be willing if he knows about it.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

BICKNELL BLITZ

Post by Steve Collins » Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:58 pm

The Bicknell Blitz is a nighttime outlaw race that Attila is putting on in south Santa Monica/north Venice at the famous Bicknell Hill access road to beach parking (See "Dogtown & Z-Boys"). It's a short and relatively steep little spot. The race will be 30 x 6' cones, no offsets. Fast and tight!

It's an outlaw race in a very public place that usually crawls with cops so a bust is a big possibility.

The race is on 4/22/04. Sign up at ncdsa:

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=139

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Re: So Cal

Post by Steve Collins » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:59 pm

Jack Smith wrote:Hey Stevie,

I'm glad to see this forum. We really need to encourage the younger skaters to give slalom a try. Let me know if I can help?

Are you going to the Bicknell Blitz?
Thanks Jack. I am going to Bicknell. Race #1 for moi.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:28 am

Steve,
I know that you don't think you have enough experience yet in slalom to head this forum but you have a want to see a growing grass roots movement in Southern California and this is important for bringing more to the sport in our area. I am glad that you asked for this forum. I did not ask for it because I also felt that someone with more experience than me needed to head it up or should have asked. It seems long overdue. I wonder how some in the area will treat it.

But the more I think about it I'm glad you did ask for this forum. And I think you'll be a great moderator without prejudice. I say stick in there and help grow the sport at a grass roots level here in So Cal. I know that you've got some great places to skate real close to your house. When and where is the first event?
Regards,
Glenn

PS. Rene Carrasco would be my pick for a So. Cal. moderator here. Hey Rene, how about it?

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

RENE' CARRASCOM

Post by Steve Collins » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:21 am

Rene', yeah, good one, perfect guy.

Howsabout it Rene'? Don't ask your bros, just say yes;)