Oceanside skating

Slalom Skateboarding in California

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Joseph Cross

Oceanside skating

Post by Joseph Cross » Sat May 22, 2004 3:00 am

I just moved here from DC and was wondering when and where there are any downhill races or slalom races in Oceanside or in the areas thereof and does anyone know where there are any good hills to bomb without any lights at the bottom. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe Cross

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sat May 22, 2004 3:15 am

Hey Joseph,
I'm in Dana Point. There are a few places here and in San Clemente for slalom practice that I have spocked out and skated by myself.

In Oceanside there is Lorreta Street that the San Diego crew skates. And StinK Hill is another spot out in La Costa too. You should contact Tiger Williams or Wes Carpenter for info on when they might be skating there.

In L.A. there have been the WLAC races which have been killer the last few years. But I've heard rumor that these might not happen this year which would be a real tragedy. These were the So Cal dependable races that happened on Summer weekends. Check the fourm for WLAC here.

If you want to skate up this way some weekend let me know. I've got one guy near me, Mickey Williams, that I get together with to skate a good hill very near the Laguna Niguel skatepark. So if you want to come up let us know.

Later,
Glenn

Joseph Cross

Post by Joseph Cross » Mon May 24, 2004 1:41 am

Thanks for the information. Ill try to hit some of those spots. I dont know when il be able to get transportation to get up to your area but ill try.Thanks again.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Mon May 24, 2004 6:41 am

Joseph,
There is also David Hamm and Lynn Kramer that you should contact too. I'll try and track you down some emails or have them email you if that is ok.

Lots of skating going on down your way. Make sure you check out the La Costa race coming up in July.

But I'd imagine that these guys will be doing a fair amount of practice on the Weekends at the Lorreta Street location there in Oceanside before La Costa. Good group, check it out, they'll be very helpful to you and just stoked that you show up.