Airflow Slalom Skateboards

Airflow Slalom Boards

Moderators: Ramón Königshausen, Chris Hart

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:25 pm

It seems Airflows are very popular in Europe. I'm very interested to hear people's opinions on them. Mainly-

Flex
Width
Ride
etc.

Henry
what coast?

Mike Johnson

Post by Mike Johnson » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:55 am

airflows have some torsional flex but not enough to hinder and often acts as a method for a quick return to center....they are not wide decks and if not careful you can toe or heel a cone....the resin grip is harsh and keeps your foot in place really well...flex is good and can be chosen from a range of stiffnesses....i like them a lot and will be competing next years UK races on a cut down 95cm, Seismics and flashies.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:11 am

I took 2 runs on Maurus Storbles board at Cambria. They are nice boards. I'm not sure what model I rode but it sure did feel good.

Very, very pumpable board. It is tottaly different then my Roe BottleRocket wich will likely only be replaced by another roe model.

I think if you want a complete quiver then there is an Inidiana for you.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:14 pm

i mounted one for my wife, who is a beginner rider, lately, she wanted a little board, the common slalom board is that "702", it is 71 cm and it has a perfact classic elegant eliptic shape. there is beautiful graphics on both sides, the top being grip treated in an original transparent and efficient technique. My wife works in fashion so these points were important in my choice, though this is not a particularly suitable choice for beginner : the board is rather narrow, camber is impressing, trucks are at the very ends.
i think this deck is the very best one can do with mix wood core and fiberglass technology, and old school design (French have a rather classic "bon-gout" longboard related taste for shape.)
It behaves very reliable, flex is fast and fun, riding this is strong pleasure.

Though i love it, i now feel that a wider space for feet gives an evident advantage in all situation. Also, but this is far ahead of my beginner judgment, i suspect that stiffer wood-less technologies may be more efficient in specific TS competition. (a serious diplomatic mission of american riderz in next Madcow contest in Zurich would make sense, but then who could bear the bore of some comparable american competitons after the Madcow ?
i mean this is a hybrid race with each gate different from the other http://pc-slalomboards.ch/be_AirflowFrameset.html)

Another model, the 69, is notable as the typical Zurich style hookmounted freeride skate, this is not for beginner too...
The rest of the production has to do with longskating, does not fit here.

Samir Kurjakovic

Post by Samir Kurjakovic » Sun May 25, 2003 2:27 pm

I already saw the new 71 cm board.
I drove it and i think it's perfect.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:29 pm

Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon
Sam Gordon

Greuningen 2003

Post by Sam Gordon » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:26 pm

Image Image Image
Airflow riders Chris Hart and Nastasja Wolfensberger at Greuningen with the UK's Leon Clark on the Airflow start ramp.