so bros.wassup

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

so bros.wassup

Post by Chris Favero » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:42 am

winter is here,but whats up.Kill city?Daggers?MIlwuakee?whats new and maybe we should meet at a skatepark this winter for a session?kalamazoo?you tell me.cfav
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:08 am

HAPPY FREAKIN NEW YEAR TO MY BRO'S IN THE MIDWEST!

Yes, that was me yelling! All you guys rock and I look forward to skating with you a bunch in 2006!

Hey, Cfav, think we can go train skating again in Chitown? Dude, I still think about that day with you CNova, and Sidlo! I think I can remember every single detail :Riding through the neighborhood to the train station, checking out all sites from the ride downtown, buying water from the girl at the CVS who thought I was NWA, skating beside the museums and Soldier Field with the freakin Rolling Stones being helicoptered in for the concert that night, meeting your tour cyclist friend who road 98 miles solely on Beer Carbs and Peanut M & M's, almost having to bust some heads on the bridge, freaking the chic out on the train because my bandage was bleeding from the crash I had the day before in a church parking lot in the middle of miles and miles of corn, having a beer and some great food in the local pup around the corner of Sidlo and Cnova's house while the Turets Chic talked dirty to us out on the sidewalk!!!!! Even with everything that has gone on this year for me that day still is one of the best days of skating I had all year! Chitown is the BEST!

Happy New Year shout out also to the Detroit crew, Bara, Fadell, et al. You guys are awesome! Tod Oles> Dude you got good vibes coming off of you like Ghandi, Mother Teresa, and Freakin Merle Norman all rolled into one! ......Serious, thanks for the stoke you share.

Seeing You All on Some Slalom Tarmac Somewhere in 2006!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:38 pm

hi marion,that was a good day.we will skate this town again together.just an fyi for everyone.the guy who rode his bicycle 98 miles that day was none other than steve marsala.steve was part of the early slalom resurgence and raced at a lot of the early classics of this century.if you look in the first gathering photos,he is there.
the cool thing is he lives close to the shop,we (cnova,myself,steve) spent some time there last week.looks like steve will be riding racing this year which is cool cuase he is fast and has a cool style.
the year in general has been great for the Freak Bros.CHIxILL has been a gas so far,lots of experimentation,sidlo has a trick up his sleeve,just when you think he's out,he is so in!
marion,thanks again for letting us help with the friday night outlaw.it was great to be affiliated with such a classy event.say hey to all the DHB's and happy new yeear to all,especially Mr. 69,tway.oh,and joe i too.now who is going to texas..........

cfav
Freak Bros. Racing

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:56 pm

Marion,

Happy New Year to you and all the core DHBers !!!!!!!! You all are awesome as well...........

Wow!! I never ever woulda thought Mother Teresa, Ghandi, Merle Norman and one lowly
Tod Oles would be used in the same sentence........... Although, I can be pretty stoke-full when
I'm not at work......

Cfav,

I can't seem to get away from this little towns gravitational pull... or work for that matter...
anyway I hope you and yours are enjoying the holiday season! If you guys need anything
don't hesitate to call...Lord knows, I'm always home :-?

All our best, Tod-n-Kara

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Beer?

Post by Marty Schaub » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:36 am

LemonBoy,

As long as there is beer in the house, there is no need to wander too far. Happy New Year to the Freaks, Fruits and all of the assorted mid-westers I had the pleasure of meeting this year. On to 2006.
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:24 am

happy new year to you all.this,past year has been a blast,2006 looks to be even better.
great to meet everyone this year.marty,wait till you see the "gass"board we throw up for the Jan race.tod,cnova and i will call soon.
cf
Freak Bros. Racing

Tom Thompson

Props where props are due

Post by Tom Thompson » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:04 am

Chiill Skateboards supports grassroots racing. Damn right! It gets no higher than that brothers. T.A. Chris.