New practice spot!

Slalom Skateboarding in the Midwest U.S.A.

Moderators: Christopher Bara, Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

New practice spot!

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:14 pm

I found a new practice spot last night. The town I live in has great bike paths that nobody ever rides on. Last night I set out the cones at a spot about a 10 minute bike ride from my house. It's a slight downhill, followed by a slight uphill. It was an equal number of cones going down the one side as going up the other. So I'd take off in one direction pumping downhill, then pump through the uphill cones, footbrake at the top, turn around and dive immediately back into it going the other way, footbrake at the top, and repeat.

Man ... a couple laps like that wears you right out! I had been at it for about 30 mins and was all sweated up. I was taking a break having just finished a couple laps and I was all wheezy and stuff. This couple comes by walking their dog, looking at me trying to decide if I was having a heart attack or something!

Overall though, I think I'm really gonna like that as a training spot.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.

Paul Graf

Post by Paul Graf » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 pm

Nothing feels as good as finding a nice practice spot! I am constantly on the look out for a new quality spot

paul

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Tom do we have to helicopter drop-in or is it accessible via road? :)

Where is it on a Yahoo or Google map? Sounds good.

SL
LAVIN

Tom Mangelsdorf
Mangels
Mangels

Post by Tom Mangelsdorf » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 pm

yeah ... the bike path crosses the road right near the spot. but i don't know the name of the road. i'm sure i can zero in on it from google though. but if you have a helicopter, that would be really cool. my back yard is big enough to land and pick me up, and there's a big open park right by the practice spot too. i've always wanted to rappel out of a helicopter like they do in army commercials.
Gravity is a terrible thing to waste.