Which Axe?

AXE slalom boards from SK8KINGS

Moderators: Richy Carrasco, Maria Carrasco

Matt Holley

Which Axe?

Post by Matt Holley » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:51 am

Ok, I'm officially hooked on slalom. I stepped on my friend's Pauliwog the other day, pumped around for a bit, and he asked me if I wanted to run some cones...the rest is history.

So...now I need a board of my own. I really like the look (and price!) of the Axe. I can't seem to decide between the I and II, though. I want to be able to do different types of slalom with this board, mostly GS, Hybrid, and some loose TS. Can anyone with Axe expirience share some insight?

If it helps, I'm 5'8" and weigh 145lbs.

Thanks.
Tu Madre wrote:Without skateboarding young adolescents may resort to more morbid activities like cannibalism.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

AXE?

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Well,

I own them both, yeah I know that's not what you asked. IF you want to run all of the diciplines, TS, Hybrid & GS then get the II. Your size tells me that the II would work well for you, but bring a drill along, as you will be switching truck positions quite a bit. I know someone that uses a II like this and loves it. Now you may find it a bit big for some TS, but as you progress something tells me you'll add to your quiver.

Richy & Maria are the coolest. Get a complete and let Richy set it up for you & your weight. Then go practice, practice, practice.
La Costa Boy For Life

Matt Holley

Re: AXE?

Post by Matt Holley » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:35 pm

Marty Schaub wrote:but as you progress something tells me you'll add to your quiver.
You're probably right. Thanks for your help.
Tu Madre wrote:Without skateboarding young adolescents may resort to more morbid activities like cannibalism.

Art Pryde

Which Axe?

Post by Art Pryde » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:33 am

Matt,
I agree with Marty on the AXE II for looser slalom disciplines....Of course, I'm not too sure about all the "Fast Food" colors he wore back in the day....I'm just jealous, I would have almost killed for a Fibreflex board, let alone be on their team!
Anyways, I live in Aliso Viejo and if you want to try both of my AXE's next week, at one of your slalom spots, we could set a day and time and I could meet you and your buddies out there.
Let me know if that sounds cool.
Art

trish erickson

The axe 2

Post by trish erickson » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:34 am

I just got my axe II in the mail a couple of days ago. I love this board. Richy set it up for me and It's perfect. It's way to fast for me thats for sure! If anybody who is new to slalom and wants a good board that is easy to ride....GET an Axe. You can't beat the price for a custom set-up. And besides, Lynn Krammer is smashing the competion on hers and I want to be like Lynn!

Utah Trish
ts

Erik Basil

Post by Erik Basil » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:48 pm

Hahahah!!

Yeah, the Axes provide a killer platform, built by a pro using racing parts and just plain work great, right out of the box! They're certainly multiplying like rabbits at the sessions I go to.
I ride fast boards, slowly.

Richy Carrasco
AXE Army
AXE Army

Axe 3 Jester Series

Post by Richy Carrasco » Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 pm

Axe 3 Jester Series GS Around the corner ! I have the Proto and it is Killer! Oi!