Moderators: Richy Carrasco, Maria Carrasco

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

NEW AXE Army Weapons for 2007

Post by Maria Carrasco » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:33 pm

Very happy to announce several new additions to the SK8KINGS product line:

New Weapons for the AXE Army --

New Banner Graphic AXE II and AXE Army 2007 shirts are in the house. Brown Bomber Fat AXE I and the new AXE 2.5 are due to arrive any day this week. The new Lynn Kramer should follow shortly too.

We have more new shirts including long sleeve, ladies and several new white t-shirt styles perfect for summer. Watch for web update and ordering info.

New wheels from Seismic and Retro either in stock now or coming soon to our store.

Skennett (mod'd Bennetts for slalom racing) in house and a fresh batch of Airflow Offset Trucks are flying in from Switzerland.

More announcements coming! Stay tuned here:

CHECK OUT ALL THE NEW GEAR HERE

Adam Winston

Post by Adam Winston » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:35 am

i like the new graphics, looks really pro...

hopefully ill see you guys in cali

Eric Brammer

Ladies First

Post by Eric Brammer » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:38 am

If I'm right about this, the LYNN KRAMER Pro Model is a First in the sport...

I don't recall any women previously having their own Slalom Racing Pro board out on the market. But, then again, I don't recall too many ladies Steppin' Up and Kickin'Butt on many Pro Men in Racing!!
Yet, I've seen Lynn do EXACTLY that on a few occassions (btw, devestating to see in person, she gives no quarter, but still has a smile on her face!). I gotta say, I'm not only impressed with AXE, but pleased to see Lynn get some well deserved and long due Respect and Recognition! Awesome to see this happen! ;-)

Congrats to L.K. on the new Pro Model board! :-D
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Maria Carrasco

Lynn Kramer!

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:12 pm

Thanks Eric -- We couldn't agree more -- Lynn Rules! Her new model should be arriving within one week or maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Last edited by Maria Carrasco on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maria Carrasco

Arrival Updates

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Arrival Updates:

AXE 2.5 Decks are in the house and shipping now!

Brown Bomber Fat AXE I coming next week and Lynn Kramer World Champion Model the week after that!

Plus -- more goodies up in the store too -- Racer's Edge Protective Eyewear
and several new shirt designs -- now available at SK8KINGS.

Click here for details and ordering info: ALL THE NEW GEAR AT SK8KINGS

ImageImage

Brown Bomber, Jackhammer and Racer X already have the edge --

ImageImageImage

-- NEW SHIRTS ONLINE --
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:45 am

they have "the edge" because they didn't have to pay for it ! :-)

But what is the difference to my GUCCI sunglasses? :-)

Maria Carrasco

Brown Bomber Fat AXE I -- Oh Yeah!

Post by Maria Carrasco » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 pm

All New Brown Bomber FAT AXE I -- featured wider front end with
more concave -- in the house and shipping now.

Maria Carrasco

Lynn Kramer Pro Model

Post by Maria Carrasco » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:23 am

We're stoked to announce the release of the latest addition to our AXE Series Racing Decks honoring four-time Womens World Champion Lynn Kramer.

Lynn rode her new model to victory in Colorado last month -- claiming the overall National Championship for 2007. Congrats Lynn!! Decks and completes shipping now.

AND we just received a batch of the brand new Radikal Dragon's Wing rear racing trucks! Available in four colors shown below -- in stock and shipping now.

Dragon's Claw front trucks still on backorder but are expected to arrive soon.

Details and ordering info on all our latest gear available here:
New at SK8KINGS

Adam Winston

Post by Adam Winston » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:35 pm

how is the new "tech grip" top lam for gripping? it looks like those ridges would be a bit of a pain to lay grip over.... but i LOVE the look of it.

And the splash anodized rear rad looks SICK!!!

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Tech Grip

Post by Pat Chewning » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:17 pm

Is the "Tech Grip" a replacement (substitute) for grip tape?

Is the intent to place your feet directly onto this wavy surface and that is sufficient to hold your feet onto the board?

On which boards is the TECH GRIP available?

Rider reports on the TECH GRIP?

Maria Carrasco

Tech Grip Top

Post by Maria Carrasco » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:27 pm

Adam Winston wrote:how is the new "tech grip" top lam for gripping? it looks like those ridges would be a bit of a pain to lay grip over.... but i LOVE the look of it.

And the splash anodized rear rad looks SICK!!!
Hi Adam and Pat too -- Tech grip top can be gripped without a problem. The "ridges" are perhaps more subtle than you anticipate and the grip easily adheres to the surface. Most of the photos of this surface have been taken using lighting angles to accentuate the ridged surface to help clarify what it is.

Do you still need grip tape? Yes -- you absolutely still need grip tape. This is a wood top lam with texture/stamped-type construction. The texture/pattern in the lam is intended to enhance the grip potential not replace grip tape.

What models have it? All the recent additions to the AXE Series (as noted above and in detail on item descriptions at our webstore) which are the Skully AXE 2.5, Brown Bomber FA I and the Lynn Kramer Pro Model. These models have introduced the Tech-Grip top lam along with the use of micro-lams to create an overall lighter deck weight -- while still maintaining the strong and stiff construction our AXE Series decks have always offered.

Rider reports -- Here's one Kevin Dunne just posted in the last couple of days in this AXE forum:
Kevin Dunne wrote:Re: New Lynn Kramer Model RIPS!!! Sk8Kings and Lynn- Great job on the new Lynn Kramer Pro model. I skated it through an ultra-tight course of 5-footers with ease and the Tech-grip deck offers insane grip. I wish I had the tech-grip on all of my decks...what a great concept. I can see that this will be my go-to board for those super tight C-Bark courses...AWESOME!

Have gotten lots of positive feedback from racers who have these new decks which I'm collecting from email and other forums to post on our own Gear Review forum at SK8KINGS as time permits. If you'll be at the Worlds in NC -- check in with the AXE Army racers to see it in person.

Adam -- I like the splash Rad too! Richy has one on his hybrid board and is loving it. :)

See ya in NC.

Hennequin yves

Post by Hennequin yves » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 pm

And what about the new MAXIMUS deck ?