SLC Sessions?

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Chris Peddecord

SLC Sessions?

Post by Chris Peddecord » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:41 am

Is anybody up for sessions in SLC on the weekends by chance?

trish erickson

Thursday for sure

Post by trish erickson » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:31 am

I think skating on a weekend would be great. more daylight hours. We acually talked about that last Thursday night. I will be at the "Hill" in Park City on Thursday about 430 or so and I know Billy will be there too. Maybe we can talk about what day would be good this weekend. Billy was also talking about maybe doing a skate session here in Heber at his house and doing bbq and running 100 cones. anyone up for a Heber session on Sunday? send some ideas and letds try to ride. I am suppose to work on Sunday but I could very easily have an"eye" problem! It's my dads b-day next week and he would love to ride up here on his Harley and watch us session. So I will hopefully see ya all on Thursday!

Trish
ts

trish erickson

jam session sunday?

Post by trish erickson » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:27 pm

Hey everybody,

sounds like ya all wanna come to Oakley and skate on Sunday? Ok, if it doesn't rain, maybe ride oakley first, then meet up in heber for 100 cone challenge and Billy says he will Q for us! Heber is about 20 minutes southeast of Oakley. And if you drive from Oakley to Heber, bring a longnoard and bomb it! it's a rush. we can have somebody pick you up at the bottom 'cause ya won't want to walk it back up. anyway, thats my suggestion for a skate day. see ya later.

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Nearly done...

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:39 am

This weekend is the last one PCMR is open, so I miss this one, but should be clear after this...
Let me know when you want to do 100 cones, haven't done it since '82 and that was down Brands Hatch (steep), its a blast and I would love to try it again!

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:08 pm

weather permitting, what time is all this happening? i've got to schedule my day out.

what time shall we meet at the park? i thought kevin said he will not get there till like 2:00. i need to jump on my day earlier, or i guess not stay for all the fun.

second, what is this downhill run between oakley and heber like? is it scary fast? worth downhilling, or just cruising? is anybody serious about this? is it downhill from heber to oakley, or vice versa? i would be totally down for this and want to get some other people doing it, or at least a car ride....

l8r sk8rs!

mike

trish erickson

sunday session

Post by trish erickson » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:20 pm

I'm not sure what time everybody wants to get together. I thought the same, around 200 pm but I'm sure if anyone wants to try earlier, that works too. would it be better for everyone to run cones first or should we just try to meet at the park and ride. Mike, I suggested riding the road from the Kamas/oakeley hill down to the turn-off at hwy 40 because we have to drive it back to Heber if we were to leave the Oakley park and drive over to Heber. Its pretty steep. I did ride it ealier this summer in the middle of the day and I didn't have much trouble with traffic but given it's a "hunting weekend" it could be a problem. Its nice because for the most part, its open and you can see traffic ealy enough. I always have my boards with me and just rode it one day on a whim. Long walk back up the hill. Its just a thought. If you end up just riding oakley then back to the valley, thats ok. the road will be still be there. I'm up for anything on sunday. I am suppose to work but I am going to have an "eye" problem. "eye" can't come to work today! LOL. and maybe next weekend, we can do the 100 cone session instead. ok, just my 2 cents worth. ride on!
ts