Skating where sunday 11-13????

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

miKe M

Skating where sunday 11-13????

Post by miKe M » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Hey all. got a message from Bob a few nights ago. i thought it was from the weekend, but he called me again last night when i was at dinner. we played a bit of phone tag last night, but i think that he was initiating a bit of skating this sunday.

so, what's up? where are we going? you guys coming to SLC? we going to Logan?

let me know?

trish erickson

yes for this sunday

Post by trish erickson » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:56 am

Hey ya all,

I will go to SLC or Logan or anywere to skate. Weatherman says cloudy but no rain. I think its you Logan boys who should decide....

Trish
ts

trish erickson

sunday in oakley

Post by trish erickson » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:18 pm

Hey all,

Bob just called me and they want to ride Oakley and maybe park city again. Then maybe run some cones at "our hill" They are shooting for noon at the Oakley park. I'll be there. Hope to see you there.
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:52 pm

so did you guys get snowed on? when does PCMR open???

trish erickson

snowy days

Post by trish erickson » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:17 am

Yes, we got snow! Kind of a bummer. I was hoping to get one more day of skating in.
Not so sure about the resort thing...martin?
ts

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:33 pm

Park City is slated to open on the 19th of this month, it could be a bit thin as there really isn't much snow in the forcast beween now and then. But I assume PMRC has lots of energy and water wasting, fake snow making equiptment. We have 2 feet of powder at Tony grove, and I've been up there 5 days already, testing prototype bindingless snowboards. This weekend looks to be sunny and dry, maybe we can get together and skate. Or if anyone wants to come up here and skate or play in the snow, give me a call.
Ski ya later, Kevin

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:28 am

bindingless snowboards? care to elaborate? that sounds like a very cool technological breakthrough...

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:00 am

Actually Mike, it's quite the opposite of a tech breakthrough, bindingless snowboarding is basically snow surfing in it's purest and most primal form. Riding these boards is like a taking a step back to the early days of the sport. Think snurfer, winterstick, or sims /toft yellow bannana boards. I'll post some pics of some of my protos tomorrow.
Anybody want to come up here to Cache valley and skate slalom or park this weekend?