Little Dell Resivoir to I-80 Turkey Day

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

miKe M

Little Dell Resivoir to I-80 Turkey Day

Post by miKe M » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:15 pm

hey all! we are planning a ride tomorrow, turkey day, from little dell resivoir to I-80. it's about a mile long, and we are shuttling riders up. you can bomb up to 35-40mph, or just take your time carving. traffic is manageable. call me if you want, otherwise meet up at the resivouir about 11:00. i've got to get out of there by 12:00, so i'll be on the pavement riding at 11:00, whether i have a ride up or not. maybe i'll just got all the way back down home....

have a happy thansgiving everybody!

trish erickson

turkey day ride

Post by trish erickson » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:11 am

Hey Mike,

So how was the t-day ride? I80 and dell is a fast road! I would have been there but oh gee, Mesquite was calling my name! Ok, my sister and brother live down south. I did take the boards and cones. It was magic.......kids came out of the woodwork to watch and skate. We also did a trip to the St. George park. A bit crowded, but a great little park. Kevin, I love that board. And the wheels are even better. I hope you all had a nice holiday. I hope to hook up with ya all and learn that snowboard thing.

catch ya later,

Trish
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:15 pm

emigration road is awesome! standing up, with no wind you can get up in the high 30's/40's if you draft and tuck. the wind was blowing uphill, so we were working on drafting. you can take it as slow, or as fast as you want. north campus drive is no faster....

hope you all had a good thanksgiving! who's been boarding yet? i've been out on the skis once thus far. it's going to suck this year actually having to pay to ski at a resort....

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Snow every day....

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:55 am

Hey Mike, I'm out everyday working, 7 days so far....I've seen billy out training too. Its snowing really hard as I write. Thinking I will have to skate on either the 7th or 14th to test out some new formula green wheels on a decent length run...confined to parking garages at the moment. Any ideas?

trish erickson

parking garage riding.

Post by trish erickson » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:14 pm

Hey Guys,

If your willing to make the drive to salt lake Martin, There is a parking garage above university campus by Primary childrens hospital. It 4 storys with an evevator. Its great and it's legal. Also, if you want my CW mag., I am willing to give it up. Just let me know and I can bring it over.

And if you guys do ride, make sure ya post it so I can try to join you. I am itching to ride. I havn't been out to do the snowbnoard thing yet. Maybe after xmas I can get out.

See ya later,

Trish
ts

Chris Peddecord

Re: parking garage riding.

Post by Chris Peddecord » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:34 am

trish erickson wrote:There is a parking garage above university campus by Primary childrens hospital. It 4 storys with an evevator. Its great and it's legal.
Put me down on the, "I haven't been on a skateboard since Oct. 2 and would love hit up a parking garage," list if this happens.

trish erickson

Spelling- Not!

Post by trish erickson » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:03 am

It's Elevator! Jeeze, if I could spell. LOL

Right on chris!
ts