snowboarding and 6 wheelers

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

miKe M

snowboarding and 6 wheelers

Post by miKe M » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:31 am

any takers on a snowboard day up at Park City? i'm breaking out the snowboard next week for the first time and i'm anxious to hook up with you guys in the winter if anybody is interested. i only suggest PC becuase Martin and Billy will have no excuses....

anybody built a 6-wheeler yet? it looks like it's taking off on NCDSA, with even Jack Smith riding one. with the recent press on the idea, and seeing so many successful decks built with 6 wheels, i'm thinking about converting my GS board to one.

hope all the UPC is enjoying the winter!

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:55 pm

Hey Mike,
I still have the P.C. pass from the UPC race, I was planning on using it the next time they get a foot or more of new snow there. I don't know how flexible your schedule is, but I can keep you posted on when I'll be coming down. I think the multi- truck boards are pretty cool, they have been around since the 70's, so it's not a new idea by any means. I'm currently looking for a 70's era four truck model for my collection, I've located a deck only but not the complete. When I start seeing riders who don't own or manage wheel and truck companies winning slalom races on a 6 wheeler, I may have to build one. I remember in the 80's there was a team racing the 6-wheel formula one cars (4 wheels in front), no team is racing those currently, so I don't think it worked too well.
I'm still building/testing bindingless snowboard set-ups, I took some pics of the protos, but I'm not sure I can post them here, so e-mail me if you want me to forward them to you.
Later, Kevin

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:24 pm

Very interesting topic on silverfish, very brightly explaining what it's good for.

trish erickson

Pc snowboarding

Post by trish erickson » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:54 am

Hey Mike and Kevin,

If you guys come up to Park city, let me know. I have a a ticket for a snowboard lesson so maybe I could be taking a lesson and you guys can be ripping it up but then you have the Apre' ski.....drinks after? Martin, are ya up for gettin' together?

I ran a few cones at the local church today. Man! it felt good. I am traveling to Salt Lake tommrow and I thought I would try out the parking garage. I need to practice for next month. Can't go to Texas and look to stupid....ok, maybe but fun is the word! Maybe work my way up to the AVE's! B street is way busy though. Too steep. Oh I can't wait until summer.

so keep in touch ya all!
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:39 am

based on silverfish's page, i think i'm goign to bite the bullet and build one this spring! it looks too fun, and if the traction works, then it will be a GS machine for me. that's my favorite race anyway....

snowboarding- yea kevin! if you decide to go, let me know. i think i might have a hook up on free passes there, so i'm in on a snowboard or skis. depending on what size boot you have, i might have a pair of newish boards you can try. i'm heading up to solitude tomorrow with ash, and i think i'm skiing there on sunday as well if it keeps snowing.

if you come down, give my celly a shout. 971-2380

i'd love to see those prototype pictures too! SLCsk8@hotmail.com or mike@mayfoundry.com.

l8r sk8rs,

Mike