Salt City Slalom Competition!!!!

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Erek Shaffer

Salt City Slalom Competition!!!!

Post by Erek Shaffer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:15 pm

I am glad to see other racers here in Utah. Down here in the SLC, a few of us are tring to get a good venue set up. I have taken propaganda to Destination Sports, hoping they will help out- no go- yet. I have a custom board shop (Down Hill Conspericy) that will make any board, any shape for the racers. I have 110 white and orange cones ordered through Seismic. The permits are on file with the U of U and Rice Eccles Stadium (still waiting for approval. Close to passing.). Seismic with 3DM want to give swag. More swag from Decade Skate Shop is on the books. I have talked with the local Red Bull rep. He was willing to show up with the girls and some product. I am ready to go big with this.

There could be a two day event set up with a SL,UT race to the PC race. That would be enough to get some great pros to our event. We need to get busy with some kind of skating event here, and this could be huge!

On thursday nights from 6:00 pm to after 10:00 pm (stay as long as you like) I have set up a open long board night. Last week we had 8 people. This week we should double that. This gives all of us a chance to just ride! Come join me and all the long boarders in Utah.We start at the Rice Eccles parking lot at the U of U. PADS, HELMETS and LIGHTS are strongly recommended!!!

If you make it to the TNS (Thursday night skate) and would like to discuss any thing related to the slalom race feal free to call me when you arrive. You could also Email me for deeper converisation.

Thanks for a little of your time,
Erek Shaffer
time2luge@yahoo.com

PADS, HELMETS and LIGHTS are strongly reccomended!!!

trish erickson

Trish wants to race!

Post by trish erickson » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:18 am

Hey Erek,

are the thursday rides just longboarding or are you setting cones? Martin Drayton is a pro skater who happens to work part time at Destination sports in Park city. He teaches snowboarding at the resort. I know that if you can hook up with him, he would be the one to help organize a race. I would love to see a race here in Utah. I won't be able to ride this Thursday but I am most definantly going to come out when I get the next thursday off. So glad there are mosre rides coming out! LOL

Utah Trish
ts

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Erek,
It's great that you are taking the initiative and getting an event set up.
I just purchased a Brower timing system, and a second system may be available to run a dual format. We had a great event last year in Park City (UPC fall shindig), and with the addition of a SLC race and the possibility of a Logan race the 2006 Utah slalom season is looking quite promising. I'll try to make it down to one of the Thursday sessions if you are interested in setting a course and timing it.

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:24 am

kev-

congrats on your recent purchase! Mark is a great guy, and it's great to see him selling to the skating community. i brought in my roe last time i was there and he was intrigued.... we need to get his boys up slaloming with us.

Bob Harper

Post by Bob Harper » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Erik
Like Kevin said it's great to see more people involved in this sport. Between us all we have 2 timing systems, 2 start ramps. 50 million cones, I have a small p.a. system. and conections to great sponsers. Let's show Utah there is more to skateboarding than tatoos punk rock and kick flips.
Looking forward to another great season.

trish erickson

Post by trish erickson » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:39 am

Hey BOb

I got your phone message. Thanks for the call and words of encouragement. You rock! I think we need to put on a race for sure. I am hooked and I need to go faster! A sound system....ya, music would be the ticket. can't wait to hook up with you all' and wiggle!

Trish
ts