UPC 1st '06 Summer Session in Park City!

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

UPC 1st '06 Summer Session in Park City!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon May 22, 2006 6:40 am

It was wicked seeing everyone again now that the Sun is winning the battle over the Snow!Here are some of the gang at this sunday's session (there were 6 others not pictured)
Trish blazin' on the Hybrid/GS....She's ready!
ImageImage Me giving the new shirt a spin! (Thanks Gareth)
We know how we like our boards.... ;)

We may be a "GO" for Thursday nights starting this week, I will keep everyone posted...

ps.Forgot to say how much EVERYONE seems to have improved over the lay-off! Staggering! I can't pick one person out because you ALL ripped! We HAVE to go to the nationals in Colorado!

Bob Harper

on a sunday drive

Post by Bob Harper » Wed May 24, 2006 1:44 am

Hey Guy's
That was a great session last sunday. Everyone was looking great and definately faster.
Esspecialy Martin & Kevin, they were sizzeling. I never saw Martins time, but Kevin got a 7.05 on the tight course. set with about 25 cones @ 5 to 5 1/2 feet w/some off sets. The hill gets pretty steep, so it was real fast.

any way UPCers it was great riding with all and I'll see you all as soon as possible. Martin and Trish thanx for the goodies. I love the new Zig Zag combo I got from Martin, and Trish I looks like the RT's are gonna take care of the turning problem. Keep an eye out for the X base plate, if you can't find it Maria can get me one. I'll call you soon and work a deal with you. "Like maybe build you a GRAND PAPPY ICE CREAM DIGGER".

See Ya All Soon.
Grand Pappy Bob

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Wed May 24, 2006 2:51 am

Looks like a fun time was had... So any chance for next Sunday (which I have off)?

trish erickson

Sunday smash

Post by trish erickson » Wed May 24, 2006 2:57 am

Great write-up Martin. The pictures are great. I had a blast riding with you all. I agree. I think we should all go to Colorado and race. You guys are waaay tooo fast! I was thinking that I am hot sh#$@t because I raced in Texas but I was humbled on Sunday. You guys rock!

Erik, it was finally great to hook up with you and ride. I will for sure hit the valley one of these Thursday nights. I would love to learn how to slide.

Chris, you were missed. I won a fatboy in Texas and I need some advice on riding the thing.

Mike, you were as smooth as ever. wish I had half of your natural ability.

Kevin, Bob. wish we could skate together more often. Bob, I got a tracker x. For a small fee of a 12 pack of that Idaho beer, it's yours. call me.

And it was great to meet all you new guys. keep coming back!

Bla, bla, We need to ride again. I will be at the hill Thursday night.
ts

Kevin Hornibrook

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Wed May 24, 2006 3:12 am

Wow, I had a great time wiggling with you all on sunday.

It was good to see the UPC there in force, and the weather could not have been more prime.

Grandmaster Martin was there to stoke the crew and and set rad courses, it's very fortunate that we have a world champ to learn from.
It's obvious that this has been paying off as all the UPCer's have been stepping up the quality and speed of their riding.

The boards Billy and Bob are making are so sweet!

I'm heading to Snowbird next sunday (5/28) to slash some slush, if anyone cares to join me.

Are UPC sesions going to be on Thursday evenings from now on?

It should be a great season.
Peace, Kevin
Bob, My fast time on the tight was only an 8:05, but I think there were more than 25 cones.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

WEATHER WARNING!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun May 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Hey guys,
Just in case anyone was heading over to the hill...I just watched the clouds approach and open and in 5 minutes our deck was under 1/2" of snow!!!!!
Think of mr today standing at the Resort by the Alpine slide, so nice that they only issued us with shorts and said we would have to buy matching long pants! All this and $9.00 per hour!
http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer/ ... index.html

Kevin, I would love to see you at a BIG race this Summer, you would surprise a lot of people and I for one would put money on you getting on the podium! And Trish (got to in the top 5 women in the US at the moment), yes Mike was smooth... several months off and that 1st run on my board was the fastest I have ever seen him do TS. Grand Pappy was blazin' too and Billy was charging! ALL the UPC'ers were lookin' faster...this will be a killer summer!

Now about that race......?

trish erickson

Utah SNOW!

Post by trish erickson » Sun May 28, 2006 6:22 pm

OH man, SNOW!

I am in Mesquite right now......found some smoooth pavement. I will be skating in my shorts and hawiian shirt. I really will think of you Martin, and I feel really bad. Tell ya what, I will have a marqirita in you name. LOL. No really, snow!!!??? yuck. The only good thing about that picture you posted, is little Mia!

SO next Thursday if the weather holds?
see ya all next week.

trish
ts

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:47 am

So, anything going down tommorrow? I have all day thursday off and would like to kill some cones, eh?

trish erickson

thursday session

Post by trish erickson » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:10 pm

I have most of Martins cones from last week. So I guess I will be at the hill by default!
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Hell, sorry, Heck yeah!

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:10 pm

Chris, I'll be there from 5:10pm...with a new Roe Prototype that I want everyone to try so that I can give Gareth feedback!
See ya there...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that we know have stock of the following:

Axe 1 & 11-completes with Trackers RT-X/S(fitted with Khiro bushings) & 70mm Zig-Zags.
Smokestack-complete with Trackers RT-X/S & Manx.
Chicken Wing-complete with Trackers RT-X/S & Manx.
Pocket Pistols 44" Ditch Killer Stinger & Cutaway models.
Freestyle & Street set-ups with Trackers and Sk8Kings wheels from $99.00.
Zig-Zags in all sizes and duros (at the moment!)
Roe PS Series 3.0, 3.2, Bullet 38" and MD 29.2" (My Morro Bay shape)-in the next few days.
Big Red X 36" and 55" decks.
Various other 3DM & Abec 11 wheels.
Vans, Etnies shoes.
Pocket Pistol clothing-T's, Hoodies, Etnies clothing.
Oust bearing cleaning kits and PP foam kits.
Khiro bushings, wedges, bolts etc.
Protec helmets & pads.

We are still waiting for our main Tracker delivery as well as SplitFire/DragonSlayer... I'll keep you posted! If you want personal advice I will be in the shop on Thursdays (before our skate session) and Fridays.

See ya,

Martin.

Bob Harper

glare in your eye

Post by Bob Harper » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:44 pm

Hey upc's
I placed an order just recently and wiped out sk8kings of thier LIME GREEN CONES. if you can't see those then your to blind to sk8. Trish I got your package, thanx much, potatoland barley is headed your way.

Hope to see the crew asap. GRAND PAPPY WIGGILY

Chris Peddecord

Post by Chris Peddecord » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:39 am

Hey guys, thanks for running some cones with me, getting me all stoked again. Here are a few pictures destined for your inboxes eventually!

Speaking of inboxes, I misplaced the slip you put your e-mail on Trish. And after I cleaned my computer up, I lost all of my address book for my e-mail program so I no longer have yours Martin.

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:11 pm

martin-

your new board looks very sexy! i might have to get me one of those....

sorry i didn't venture up to PC last night. i missed it. i'll be up next week though. i need to get my wigglin on stead of gettin my slide on (we are learning quite a few new tricks though. we'll have a showcase for you next time the sliders are up your way).

P.S. Martin! How much riser are you running?!?!?! it looks like you are skating on stilts!

trish erickson

trish's email

Post by trish erickson » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:35 am

Hey Chris,

My email is terik11@msn.com

You were looking fast on that fatboy!
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Martin's e-mail...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:59 am

Hi Chris, thanks for taking the pics, my addy is:

martindrayton@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks again, cool to skate with you again!