SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET!-Slalom race 7th October 2006

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET!-Slalom race 7th October 2006

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just came from a meeting with Park City Municipal and they are 100% behind our race! IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

So, mark the date in your calendars...SATURDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2006

The event is called:

SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET.

Dual Hybrid and Dual Tight Slalom-A & B groups, Youth and Junior age groups too.

So far sponsored by Park City Mountain Resort, Destination Sports and possibly Red Bull and Quiksilver.More details to come soon.

Martin.

Curt Chapman

Showdown

Post by Curt Chapman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:55 pm

Martin, race planning comittee....

I may have found a band that can play for the shindig after the race.

Someone PM me so I can get on the mailing list or whatever and get you guys more info.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Utahhhhhhhh!

Post by Michael Stride » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:17 pm

I would REALLY like to come!

I will let you know asap.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

ITS ON THE CONTEST CALENDAR!

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:20 am

OK folks the event is up on the contest page at NCDSA...SO SIGN UP!

Entry Fee: $15 Children, $25 Junior, $40 Adults
Contest Info: DUAL HYBRID- The course will be set as close to a dual GS as the road allows (to encourage longboarding locals to give it a go!) The spacing will be from 7ft to around 12 ft. As in a single-lane event, you will get 2 timed runs. This will produce the qualifying order. Either the top 8 or 16 (time-permitting) riders will go into the "A" Division and will advance to the dual, head-to-head racing. The next 8 or 16 (time-permitting) riders will go into the "B" Division and will also advance to the dual, head-to-head racing. If you don't make the 16 cut, you still got the same number of runs as you would have at most single-lane events.

DUAL TIGHT SLALOM-This will be a TS course which will meander down the winding road with spacing varying from 6ft to 6.5ft. As in a single-lane event, you will get 2 timed runs. This will produce the qualifying order. Either the top 8 or 16 (time-permitting) riders will go into the "A" Division and will advance to the dual, head-to-head racing. The next 8 or 16 (time-permitting) riders will go into the "B" Division and will also advance to the dual, head-to-head racing. If you don't make the 16 cut, you still got the same number of runs as you would have at most single-lane events.

THE SURFACE- Not the best you have ever ridden, but not the worst! We would suggest wheels in the 74-83A range. It was felt we should go for the venue rather than the surface....and what a venue!!! The courses will be set from the junction with Heber Ave. to the junction with 9th St. and the run out is uphill and to the right towards Deer Valley Drive.

This is the view from the footbridge over the finish line looking up the hill.

This is from below the bridge-we finish just in front of three bars and two restaurants with outdoor seating!

Looking down the course from the start.

This shows the pitch. The street turns a gentle right at the bottom and goes towards Deer Valley Drive, providing an uphill run out!

This is the view up from the start ramps

HELMETS-Helmets are compulsory-NO HELMET-NO SKATING! We are trying to promote slalom skateboarding to this hyper-sporty town, and safety is one of our primary concerns. Also NO ATTITUDES are wanted, this is a fun event potentially in front of a HUGE crowd. The whole town is behind us and we want to keep it that way!

6 WHEELER POLICY- Bring it, just be prepared to answer lots of questions from the peanut gallery!

DIVISIONS- "A" group, "B" group, Junior (18-13), Children (12 & under). If 3 or more women register, there will be a women's division also.
Childrens races will be early AM races on less difficult single-lane courses.

If our sponsors are generous, cash for the top 3 Division "A" riders in the two events, but at the very least, trophies for all divisions, and schwag prizes for A, B, Juniors, and kids.

GETTING HERE- If flying...Salt Lake City International Airport, we are 40 mins away by car. If driving, the I-80 gets you to the Kimball Jct/Park City/SR-224 turn off. From there the SR-224 continues 5 miles, eventually becoming Park Avenue. Follow signs for "MAIN STREET'...park...race....enjoy!

LODGING- Details to follow.

ENTRY FEES- Paypal info to follow, pay by 23rd September to secure your goodie bag and commemorative T-shirt.

APRES SKATE-We are currently in negotiation with several establishments
to secure a venue for some festivities which may include "Live Music"... We will keep you posted as we are also contemplating a "Musical Skaters Jam Session"!

The SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET is an ASSA sanctioned race. Thanks to our sponsors; Tracker, Gravity, Radikal, Concrete Wave, Roe Racing, Splitfire, Oust, Skaterbuilt, Insect, Abec11, Khiro, Seismic, & Subsonic.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Getting Utah ready

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:24 pm

35 six on center
As Luck would have it . . .

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Sponsors starting to roll in...

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:27 am

So far our insurance has been covered by the good folk at the ASSA! The premium was paid by the following:
Tracker, Gravity, Radikal, Concrete Wave, Roe Racing, Splitfire, Oust, Skaterbuilt, Insect, Abec11, Khiro, Seismic, & Subsonic. A HUGE thank you folks.
We have had promises of schwag from Dan at 3DM, Gareth at Roe and Bob at Khiro. Mark from Mile High Skates, Giro, Bell, Powerbar and Skullcandy are all sending product too. Also Bob Harper will be making trophies for 1st through 3rd in each event, and having been the lucky recipient of one of his masterpieces in the past, they will be well worth having!

The poster was designed by Judi Oyama and is awesome. We are planning on using it in the goodie bag for those who pay their entry fees by 23rd September!

Bob Harper

Post by Bob Harper » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:23 pm

ANY ONE NEEDING UPC TEAM SHIRTS LET ME KNOW QWICKLY SO I CAN HAVE THEM MADE. THE COST IS $11.00 PER SHIRT. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THEM YET MARTIN AND TRISH HAVE ONE.
PLACE ORDER BY POSTING UNDER UPC T SHIRTS OR CONTACT ME PERSONALLY
bharper80@yahoo.com or (208) 226-6074
Later Bob

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

More sponsors...

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 am

Further to the posting above....More sponsors have stepped up to the plate for the "Showdown on Main Street", we now have:

SK8Kings
Longboard Larry
Octane Sports
Chi*ill Skateboards
Milehigh Skates
3DM
RoeRacing
Destination Sports
Skullcandy
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Main Street Pizza and Noodle
Brighton Ski Racing Club
Park City Mountain Resort
Concrete Wave

Any other companies who are interested in helping fuel the stoke in utah, feel free to drop us a line. We can guarantee banner space, filming by 2 local TV companies (who usually repeat footage all year) and, if we get your logo in time, space on the event T-shirt and the poster! Our insurance has been covered by the good folk at the ASSA! The premium was paid by the following:
Tracker, Gravity, Radikal, Concrete Wave, Roe Racing, Splitfire, Oust, Skaterbuilt, Insect, Abec11, Khiro, Seismic, & Subsonic.

UPC

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Park City accomodation!

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:01 pm

LODGING- The TREASURE MOUNTAIN INN-255 Main Street,Park City.
Located at the top of Main Street (ride down the hill to the race!) www.treasuremountaininn.com - SPECIAL RATE IF YOU QUOTE "SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET-30% OFF) Studios (sleep 3) are now down to $91 per night, 1 Bed (sleep 3) are now $78.40, 2 bed (sleep 4) are now $127.40.
BEST WESTERN LANDMARK INN www.bwlandmarkinn.com -Located at the Outlets, Kimball Jct (5 miles out) -Ask for Cindy SPECIAL RATE IF YOU QUOTE "SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET- 3 star rooms, pool, hot tub, gym etc, Standard rooms (up to 4 persons), $30 off, now $69.95 per night, $10 more for deluxe .
Also check out www.parkcityinfo.com for ALL available accomodation in PC!

UPC xxx

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Another sponsor!

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:57 am

Added to our list of sponsors... Hardbooter.com, those wonderful Alpine Snowboard people! Check out Dave Tille's site http://www.hardbooter.com/ they rule!

UPC xxx

trish erickson

Texas wiggle

Post by trish erickson » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:31 am

NICE Marcos!
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Time to Pay(pal)....

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:50 am

OK guys, those of you that have paid...Thank you.
Those who have not...PLEASE PAY NOW! It is hard for us to commit to all the exciting stuff we have planned if we are unsure of the money coming in!

We are trying for food for all the helpers and racers, and have secured Main Street Pizza & Noodle for the after party. We will be asking for a small donation on the night of around $5 or so for the best Pizzas in Main St.

Media attendance:
Park Record newspaper
Salt Lake Tribune newspaper
PCTV (filmed a training session last year and repeated all winter)
Park City Info Channel (filmed our event last year and repeated all winter)
X96FM-live broadcast with interviews from 1pm to 5pm

Anyone interested in playing at the "Skaters Jam Session" at the After party, contact Bob Harper at bharper80@yahoo.com

It was 72 degrees today and the town is buzzing about the race, just had a cool clothes shop contact us to see if they could be the title sponsor and it sounds like they could afford to make things even more memorable...Its gonna go off, you should be here!

UPC.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Sector 9 rules!

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:42 pm

Just got off the phone with Sector 9 and they are sending a HUGE amount of product! Thank you Marcus, thank you Sector 9 for all the support that you give the slalom community!
The way that the swag pile is growing pretty much everyone is going home with something! Every racer gets a $20 T-shirt (helpers too!), Khiro goodies, posters, books of vouchers...before they even race!

Can't get in on the Dixie action? Come to Utah!

UPC

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

We have a title sponsor!!!!!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:52 am

OK folks an extraordinary local shop has thrown down the cash and is now the Title Sponsor!
Not only did they kick down a sizeable check but they are throwing in vouchers for their incredibly stylish shop AND some of their designer clients are sending product!!!
Check it out when you are here, its awesome...

http://www.chestersblacksmith.com/About/

CHESTER'S BLACKSMITH SHOP
-presents-
SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET

Martin.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Racer info...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:25 pm

Hello Racers,

Well, with just a week to go before the big race the Town is crazy with anticipation. Nothing like this has EVER been held here and already everyone from the Mayor downwards wants to see this as an annual event!

You will notice that the title has changed slightly due to the fact that one of our amazing local shops has stepped up to become Title Sponsor http://www.chestersblacksmith.com/About/ make sure you stop by their Main Street store about 30 yds north of the start ramps on the right. They are even putting shop vouchers in the goodie bags AND have persuaded some of their designers to donate swag-Thanks Lori!
Sector 9 too have really got behind us in a big way with a rediculous amount of skate gear-Thanks Marcus. Others too who are supporting us include:
Roeracing
3DM/Seismic
Bell/Giro
Independant trucks
SK8Kings
Longboard Larry
Octane Sports (from the UK!!!)
Chi*ill Skateboards
Milehigh Skates
Destination Sports
Skullcandy
Brighton Ski Team
Concrete Wave
Orions Records
Devanza's Pizzas
Julie Drayton (hard earned cash!)

We will have food for all the helpers and are trying to get it for the racers too, and have secured Main Street Pizza & Noodle for the after party. We will be asking for a small donation on the night of around $5 for the best Pizzas in Main St. Those who play an instrument, contact Bob harper bharper80@yahoo.com to co-ordinate a jam session.

Media attendance:
Park Record newspaper
Salt Lake Tribune newspaper
PCTV (filmed a training session last year and repeated all winter)
Park City Info Channel (filmed our event last year and repeated all winter)
X96FM-live broadcast with interviews from 1pm to 5pm

Destination Sports-Located right next to the race, they have asked us to let you know that their extended Labor Day sale is still running with 50% off Vans shoes, Etnies T's, hoodies, jeans and footwear. Pocket Pistol T's and hoodies are 1/2 price too! In addition they stock (at regular prices) Zig-Zags, 3DM's, Tracker Racetracks, TSG, Protec, Roe decks, Big Red X, Insect, PP, Hosoi and all Khiro accessories. They also have last years snowboard and ski clothing (mens & womens) at 40-50% off.

Now the Mayor and various City Officials will be present, so please act with all the class and style that you normally do, this event is a big deal and we want to set a high benchmark for the following years.

OK guys, those of you that have paid...Thank you.
Those who have not...PLEASE PAY NOW! It is hard for us to commit to all the exciting stuff we have planned if we are unsure of the money coming in! Paypal to skierdad2@msn.com or mail to Scott Murphy, 9955 S 730 E, Sandy, UT. 84094 (payable to Scott)
Fees are $15 Children, $25 Junior, $40 Adults, but you get $30+ dollars of stuff before you even touch concrete!
If you know anyone who is coming but not racing, we need volunteers
to conehead etc. They will get a commemorative T-shirt,
a free Destination Sports water bottle, free lunch and
entry into a draw for a free Longboard deck!

To let the spectators know a little about you and to allow our MC (probably me) to prepare, we need the following info ASAP:

Name
Nickname
Age (also to organise race categories)
Home Town
Sponsors
Length of time skating
A quote

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions about the race and keep checking the skate sites for updates. I will be in touch again.

Sk8 safe,

Martin.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Racer Profiles...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:55 am

Hello Racers,
I forgot to ask you to put Best race result on your racer Profiles! The list is:

Name
Nickname
Age (also to organise race categories)
Home Town
Best race result
Sponsors
Length of time skating
A quote

Thanks,
See you next weekend!
Martin.

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:28 am

Really bummed that I can't go to this one.
I wished that I had planned better and made it a priority. Would be nice to see family (go Trish) and old friends again. It's been a while.
Also, the race is being held pretty much right where I used to live. Is the "Go Big" Snowboard shop still there? That was the last place I "rented" (more like squatted, never paid a thing, did'nt even know the landlord.....don't ask I still don't know).
I'm sure the shack behind White Pine is long gone. (maybe White Pine is long gone too??).
Like I said, it's been a while.
Ahh, memories. Good times, bad times, weird times (lots of those) and pow, pow up the yin yang.

Get 'em Trish. I'll be here in NY kicking myself.

Good luck everyone. Hope it turns out as great as I imagine it will be.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Shame you can't see your sister chargin'!

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:46 am

You would love it Troy, and yesterday X96 Radio from Salt Lake started plugging the event....momentum is building, its gonna be huge!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

More quality accomodation!

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:54 am

JUST ADDED- Probably the nicest (reasonably priced accomodation in Park City) - Rental units – Prospector Square
Premium and de-luxe rental units available at Prospector Square Lodge.
On the free bus route, and a short ride to Park City town center. Also possible to walk and ride. Located in Prospector Square, near restaurants and shops, and near the scenic rail trail.
Each unit has two queen beds, en suite bathroom, vanity area, fully fitted kitchen, cable TV and DVD, balcony, hot tub on site.
Premium units are recently refurbished to a luxury quality.
Premium units $100 a night. This price includes tax, and cleaning fees on check out.
De-luxe units $90 a night. This price includes tax, and cleaning fees on check out.
Payment: By cash, or check. A $100 deposit is required (check) also, which will be refunded if there is no damage or missing items on check out.
Checks should be made to Bryan Swan. Please contact us by telephone for more information. Phone: 435-649-3569

UPC xxx

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Racing schedule.

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Hello Racers,

We will have a registration table at the top of the
course and would like you to start signing in from 8am
onwards finishing in time for the racing. At that point you will receive your goodie bag.

ImageImage

Tentative schedule is:
8:30 kids race-Single lane (kids can compete in
the open event also at no extra cost)
9:00 Youth Qualiyfying-Hybrid(youths can compete in
the open event also at no extra cost)
9:30 Adult Qualifying-Hybrid
10:30 Head to head Hybrid event starts.
1:00 Break for lunch and Slide Demo (awaiting
confirmation from Erek Shaeffer)
1:30 Youth Qualiyfying-TS (youths can compete in the
open event at no extra cost)
2:00 Adult Qualifying-TS
2:30 Head to head TS event starts.
4:30 Finals
5:00 Teardown

Now if everyone listens to the announcements and is
punctual we should be able to remain on schedule,
thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.
PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE could some of you help with the
teardown, we are only a small group and would
appreciate some help.
When everyone helped at the
Nationals it took less than an hour!

I will e-mail you with the after party details soon.
Radio adverts for the event have been going out in
Salt Lake City-Its going to be huge!
See you Saturday,

UPC

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Showdown on Main Street-Provisional Qualifying order.

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:57 am

Showdown on Main Street 7th Oct. 2006

This is my best effort at a seeded list based on
SlalomRanking.com and results not on there for local
racers. For those new to this, you will run in pairs
and qualify next to another racer. You are not racing
them, just the clock. The idea of the seeding is that
you are capable of similar times and should therefore
push each other to good qualifying times.

Qualifying order
1) Nick Erickson
2) Don Losee
3) Josh Weisfeld
4) Jordan Reese
5) Jared Tomlin
6) Mike Mooney
7) Nathan Roe
8) Christian Murphy
9) Logan Jones
10) Greg Erickson
11) Jon-Paul Kaloi
12) Jared Quilter
13) Fernando Steffey
14) Ian Roe
15) James West
16) Kyp Kawamura
17) Mac
18) Jack Smith
19) Max McMurray
20) Mark Johnson
21) Bob Harper
22) Wax
23) Trish Erickson
24) Lauren Gordon
25) Tim Kienitz
26) Rick Fitzpatrick
27) Chris Miller
28) Mike May
29) Gib Lewis
30) Kevin Hornibrook
31) Gerry Huitt
32) James West Jr.
33) Ryan Ricker
34) Gareth Roe
35) Martin Drayton
36) Phil Plunkett
37) Bill Wahl
38) Michael Stride

Please have the following ready (or be ready to complete) when you get to the Registration table at the top of the course:
-Waiver
-Racer Profile (if you have not e-mailed it)
-Payment in cash (if you did not Paypal it)

The after party begins around 7pm just yards from the start ramps at 530 Main Street.
http://www.mainstreetpizzanoodle.com/
We are hoping to foot most of the bill, but might be asking for a $5 contribution per head.

See you Saturday!

UPC

Mark Chandler

Post by Mark Chandler » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:57 pm

Utah Trish -- email me
MileHighSkates.com
Feeding skaters' addictions since 2003...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Free Lunch!

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:09 am

More good news...FREE Pizza for lunch for all competitors while the slide demo is on...courtesy of Main St. Pizza and Noodle!

UPC

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Showdown on Main Street-Racer info..

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:01 pm

Hello Racers,
Looks like the forecast is cloudy but dry...ITS ON! The Park City Corporation e-mailed and have decided, in view of what we are doing for the community and Tourism, to WAIVE MOST OF OUR FEES!!! PC ROCKS!!!!

Breakfast advice-At the top of Main St. near the Treasure Mt Inn, try MORNING RAY for the best bagels in PC. Just further down the road is THE EATING ESTABLISHMENT. If you have transport, head back down the 224/Park Ave to THE YARROW HOTEL, ask for the LOCALS SPECIAL, best deal in PC at $3.95 a head!!!!!

On Sunday go skate the park on Park Ave, just 1/2 mile from the race...Best park in Utah!

Lost? Confused? Call Scott on 801-699-0977

See ya,

UPC

trish erickson

Parck city memories

Post by trish erickson » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:00 pm

Hey Troy,

bumbed that you can't fly out to race with us. It's going to be a great venue. The mountains are really pretty right now. I'm getting super stoked for the race however....I am a bit nervous about racing on the home turf. Now I gotta live up to my smack talk!

Park city has really changed since you were here last. "the shack" is but a memory but the "shoe tree" with the shoes is still standing. Quite a sight as you walk down the bikepath! White pine has moved to a bigger location. They are bigger and with that comes less personal help. It's not the same. But PC is just as fun. Just in a different way.

I was wandering around the resort this past summer and as much as that place has changed, the peek-a-boo shutes are still there. LOL. Great times (I think)

We'll miss ya Troy but I will catch you in Dixie Land!
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Results!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Chester's Blacksmith Shop presents
SHOWDOWN ON MAIN STREET
October 7, 2006 • Park City, Utah, USA

HYBRID SLALOM FINAL RESULTS

Open Class Hybrid Slalom
1 Ryan Ricker
2 Phil Plunkett
3 Mike May
4 Mark Johnson
5 Jim "Wax" Weatherwax
6 Martin Drayton
7 Jack Smith
8 Gerry Huitt

Junior Class Hybrid Slalom
1 Max McMurray
2 Logan Jones
3 Nick Erickson
4 Bryce Brady

Womens' Class Hybrid Slalom
1 Lauren Gordon
2 Trish Erickson
3 Christy Bordy

Kids Class Hybrid Slalom
1 Brendan Mooney
2 Christian Murphy

TIGHT SLALOM FINAL RESULTS

Open Class Tight Slalom
1 Kevin Hornibrook
2 Michael Stride
3 Gerry Huitt
4 Phil Plunkett
5 Jack Smith
6 Martin Drayton
7 Mark Johnson
8 Tim Kienitz

Junior Class Tight Slalom
1 Logan Jones
2 Max McMurray
3 Nick Erickson

Womens' Class Tight Slalom
1 Lauren Gordon
2 Trish Erickson
3 Christy Bordy

Bob Harper

SHOW DOWN

Post by Bob Harper » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:16 pm

ONCE AGAIN!!
A big thanks to all the race organizers, who did an impecable job of covering every angle possible. Antoher big thanks to all that showed up, the presance will just make next years race even bigger. It was great to see racers I met U.S. Nationals plus meeting new racers and hanging with the UPC crew,wich I didn't get to hang with over this season due to work issues.
It was a great race and next year will be better
thanks Martin and Scott
UPC COSS and everyone else
you all made my day
and a special thanks to the weather GODS that was a close shut down

Keep in touch Bob Harper (Grand Pappy Wiggley)
bharper80@yahoo.com

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

THANK YOU ALL!

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:40 am

Still recovering from several months of organising and about 4 hours sleep in the last 24hrs leading up to the event, plus work at 8:30 the next morning....But what a blast!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the racers who came, you ALL helped make the event special. Pretty much everything ran as we hoped (can't control the weather) if not better!
Glad we had enough swag for the riders to make up for the lack of cash, plus some special awards for the helpers who had not just helped on the day, but the months beforehand.
Scott worked his butt off and is already talking about next year!
It will be bigger, better, and longer next year (the event, not the 80 cone TS!)

We would also like to thank our List of Sponsors

Chester’s Blacksmith Shop
Sector 9
The Mortgage Zone Inc.
3DM/Seismic
Max’s Snowboard Shop
Hardbooter.com
Loughlin Water Assoc.
ASSA
SK8Kings
Longboard Larry
RoeRacing
Octane Sports (from the UK!!!)
Chi*ill Skateboards
Milehigh Skates
Destination Sports
Skullcandy
Brighton Ski Team
Concrete Wave
Orion’s Records
Davanza's Pizzas
Julie Drayton
Bell/Giro
I would also like to thank Asphalt Playground for sending us swag without us even asking! And Judi Oyama for designing a killer poster!

Thank you for believing we could pull off a race of that calibre...
And finally my fellow UPC'ers who excelled on the hill, Kevin, Mike, Bob, Trish, Jared, Logan, Tiff, Greg, Nick, Billy & Christy...you were awesome!

Martin.