Race Day Training and Wheel Thread

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

miKe M

Race Day Training and Wheel Thread

Post by miKe M » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:26 pm

hey fellow UPC'ers!

two things I wanted to cover here.

1- i haven't been skating a whole bunch. in efforts to not make a fool out of myself, i've decided i need some more practice/training. since the "car park" at redstone just isn't the "dog's balls," i think we need another top secret location to train on. i was hoping that the U of U would provide a great place. there are multiple parking lots to set up on after normal school hours. i'm thinking the 500 south side of the stadium lot would be an excellent grade as well. anybody want to train with me? i've got everynight free this weekend with the exception of a pending wind riding sesh on wednesday. i think eric has some cones, if not can you bring some trish? maybe the weekend would be a good time? i'll check the schedule and see if there are any games scheduled this weekend. i'll bring the beer and whatever other refreshment we might need....

otherwise, anyone want to lend me some cones?

2- since i've been out of the loop, what is everybody thinking for wheels on race day? i obviously won't be a competition becasue i'm out of practice, but any thoughts? i'm tempted to see if i can get away with my orange and green zigzags. what is the local status on who sells race wheels? salty peaks? the skate shop on 400 south?

i hope everyone is doing well.

also, will people email me with any extra venue t-shirt requests? i'm thinking that we should give one out with a paid registration and sell the extras for cost. they are in the $8 range i think.

laters,

Mike May

trish erickson

Weeekend session

Post by trish erickson » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:38 am

Hard, little wheels for race day....LOL, and I am up for a training session this weekend. Just name the time and day. The Uof U parking lot would be a great spot. I have Martins cones. If any fellow skaters want a ride from park city, call or email me and lets carpool. Maybe we could all get together and do the main street walk to visit all the shops with Martin and then go ride?

What about Thursday? is anybody coming to PC to ride?

Trish
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:33 pm

i'm up for sunday. i say mid afternoon so as not to interfere with the soliciting of sponsors saturday. i know we need to get that done and it's a top priority. i'm hoping to make it up there saturday, but i don't have the final ok yet. i'll see tonight. i can't make it up to skate tonight.

so, sunday at like 2:00ish? i've got a sunday morning deal. so, if not perhaps late saturday afternoon.

anyone feel free to give me a call. 801-971-2380.

later,

Mike

trish erickson

sunday training

Post by trish erickson » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:09 pm

Hey Mike and anybody else who wants to skate,

I will plan on being at the u of u parking lot at 2 today unless I hear different. Martin is working today so he won't be joining us. My Hubby might if I can get him away from football. Just let me know if plans change.

Trish
435-671-1117
435-654-3379
ts

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:32 pm

i'm in. i'm hosting a quick mimosa breakfast and then i'm over. hopefully sober. 2:00 though. i'll put the text out....

later,

Mike May