SLIDE CLINIC

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

trish erickson

SLIDE CLINIC

Post by trish erickson » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:44 pm

Hey all you Utah folks,

Eric Shafer called me this morning. Have'nt heard from him since last fall! He informed me that he is putting together a slide clinic to teach skaters how to contol and stop with sliding. He has a great hill picked out, located in Salt Lake. I can't say where because it will be an outlaw thing. It is so far being planned for Saturday, October 13th, around 4 pm or so. He said he would let me know more details as he plans it. Call him at 801-604-6243 or me at 435-671-1117 to get futher details. I want to learn to slide, so I am going to be there. I also will bring my cones and slalom gear as well and maybe to a little wiggling. should be a blast.

Curt, Bob, Kevin, Scott and company, If you can, come on out and lets skate. I agree with you Curt. We should try to get together for one more session before the snow flies. Hope to see you all soon.

Trish
ts

Kevin Hornibrook

next weekend

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:51 am

Howdy,
I talked to Bob today and we are going to plan on coming down to skate with you next Saturday.
I'm stoked to skate as I haven't been out on my boards more than a handfull of times this season. I'll bring the slide board that I've been trying to learn to ride.
Let's hope the weather is better than this weekend !!
Ciao, Kevin
I

trish erickson

Post by trish erickson » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Cool Kevin and Bob.

Maybe we should meet up a bit ealier then. It gets dark pretty early anymore. I will be in touch
ts

Bob Harper

Slide Clinic

Post by Bob Harper » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:52 pm

Hey pepoles
Kevin already posted that we want to come down. As far as sliding you've seen the pics from nationals I know how to slide, it just hurts for another month after I do it. I do want to run some cones. I do hope to see Scott ,Curt, Jared,and any of the other UPC crew.
Trish I'll give you a call as soon as I find my Cell Communication Device, I think my Grandson got a hold of it. At age Two he already has a Shoe and Cell Phone fetish.
Can't Wait to Sk8
The Hipless Grand Pa Wiggly

Jim Weatherwax
WAX

UPC in COSS land

Post by Jim Weatherwax » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:08 pm

Gang

there is one last COSS hurrah on a few weeks...
I hope some of you can make it out for the fun

last chance to grab big points if that sort of crap floats your boat too!!

Bob Harper

Post by Bob Harper » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey Waxx
Thanks for the heads up in the race! um...talked to Trish none of us can make it .wish we could be there, make some turnes for me tell the COSS crew we said hi and that you guys rock.
...hopefully see you next year for the Colorado Cup ill try to convince Kevin to come with us and give us a heads up on the date.
To the Utah Crew Kevin and I will be there Saturday for the Slide Clinic. I talked with Trish and we want to get a early start on the hill that we sk8ed with Wax, Curt, and Scott. and run some cones. In fact if Eric wanted to run the slide Clinic there. the hills are awesome and many to choose from. So Curt we need to get in touch and get directions again I will be in touch with you and Scott in the next couple of days.
Wiggle On Bob

Curt Chapman

Cone Chasing.

Post by Curt Chapman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 am

Wow, I head south to play in some red sand for a couple of days, and look what happens!

The hill that we set on last time you guys came down now has a couple of houses being constructed on it, so probably some dirt and rocks.....

There are many others hills in the vicinity we can try out.

Trish, where is the slide clinic going on? How do we find out the secret clandestine location? I believe Eric lives out west near me, is the hill possibly near my secret slalom digs?

My issue is Soccer games. I'll probably be busy until 1:00 pm at least, then free after that. (I might be able to sneak up earlier, I'll have to check schedules.)

Directions to those hills are in this thread:

http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=4955

The area has changed a bit since then. Juniper crest road has been lengthened, so it doesn't "End" however, it is a construction zone still, and that is where you make a right on to Ambermont... Instead of taking the third right off of Ambermont it would be best to take the first left of of Ambermont and head up into those hills there. Lots of fresh pavement, with no building as of yet. Looks like Google Maps has some photos that at least include some of the newer streen names like Ambermont. When I get some time, I'll post some directions, including maps to get there....

Contact me via PM to get Cell phone #'s, etc. and we'll figure out when to get together.

Curt Chapman

Slide Clinic / Comp/

Post by Curt Chapman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:37 am

I sent out a group email, and Erek replied.

He says that the slide clinic will be held in Downtown SLC at 1:00. Somewhere near 300N and 300W.

So will the cone-dodging take place place after the sliding?

Better to dodge the cones at the U, since the sliding will be downtown?

Curt Chapman

Post by Curt Chapman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:02 am

So,

I never heard back from anyone.....

Rained out??

Kevin Hornibrook

next weekend

Post by Kevin Hornibrook » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:46 am

Howdy,
Bob had family stuff to do today, and I didn't want to take a chance on the weather.
I hope somebody got to skate and slide a bit today!
Maybe we can do it next weekend weather permitting. There are some great new hills up here in Cache Valley too, if you folks want to come up.
How about that Martin Drayton... setting a new world record for 50 cones.... AWESOME !!!

trish erickson

slide session!

Post by trish erickson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Hey all,

The weather was perfect. We all met at West High, Eric and company did their slide contest, the cops came, they left but gave us only 30 min. to finish it up. We planned on meeting at the U afterwards but it started to rain pretty heavy. I learned how to slide a bit in the parking lot. Never actually tried it on purpose! It was a blast. And watching the guys slide down that steep hiil was really cool. To bad nobody from the "UPC" could make it. Eric has a pretty cool thing going with his decks. He is now making his own and they are really nice. The guys that came down from Ogden where way cool. They didn't seem to mind an "old lady" hanging out and bugging them with questions. It was a great day.

If the weather holds, I am up for a trip to Logan. I wanted to go to a race next weekend in Cali., but my paycheck says otherwise. So Kevin and Bob, I have Saturday the 20th off....maybe then?
ts

Curt Chapman

Sat 1/20

Post by Curt Chapman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:22 pm

I might be up for skatin' on Saturday afternoon.

If you guys plan something up North (Logan / Potatoe-land) let us all know.

Otherwise, come on out to the South-West part of the SL valley, and we'll play there....

Jared Quilter

Post by Jared Quilter » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Skully,

I may be in Salt Lake this Saturday, I'll throw some boards in the car just in case the weather looks good enough to skate.

Curt Chapman

Post by Curt Chapman » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:22 pm

Wow, Jared is alive!

Weather looks pretty iffy, but if it doesn't rain or snow, I'll be free in the afternoon after all the Soccer games are over.

Haven't heard from Kevin, Bob or Trish, so it looks like they're out?

Do you have any toe-stops left? If so, save one for me.....

I'll PM ya my cell# so we can communicate if you end up in the valley.