Mike Maysey - 05' Tight Slalom Champion!

Skaterbuilt Slalom Boards

Moderator: David Hegstrom

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Mike Maysey - 05' Tight Slalom Champion!

Post by David Hegstrom » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:27 pm

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:40 am

Dave, what trucks is Mike using in that deck?
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

re: MM's setup...

Post by David Hegstrom » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:48 am

...Mike is using a custom cut, de-wedged Tracker midtrack offset on the back and a cut Radikal mega wedged-out on the front...Radikal/Khiro combos for bushings...hope Mike doesn' t get mad at me for listing his gear for all to see...I'll tell him to check this out...Thanks and take care. dave

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

What Makes A Champion?

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:23 pm

Back almost three years ago on his "Ask Mike Maysey" forum on NCDSA, I made refererence to what works best for what kind of course. I advised that stiff stuff works best on the short stuff and medium to soft flexes work well for more hybrid/giant stuff. I said,

<<On 1/28/2003 Wesley Tucker wrote in from (64.12.xxx.xxx)
But seriously,

Mike, you asked about flex for different courses (hey, who's in charge around here anyway?)

Think of it this way: what's the suspension like on a drag racer? Conversely, how much design time goes into the suspension and handling of a Formula 1 car?

Both are completely legitimate forms of racing, but each have very unique and almost completely seperate requirements. Think of the "TS Board" as a drag racer: straight down the course, maximum speed, minimum handling and maximum ability to transmit horsepower to the pavement.>>

To which Mike replied,

<<On 1/28/2003 Mike Maysey wrote in from (66.236.xxx.xxx)
Thanks Wesley. That helps a lot. I'm rethinking my boards now in preperation for the FCR 2003 Series.>>

And two years later he wins the Tight Slalom World Championship on a stiff minimal-flex Skaterbuilt.

Ah, I feel so vindicated! :-)

Now, if I can just get my own act together and start being a RACER again instead of just a PARTICIPANT.