Skaterbuilt Skateboards update...

Skaterbuilt Slalom Boards

Moderator: David Hegstrom

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Skaterbuilt Skateboards update...

Post by David Hegstrom » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:17 am

ALOTTA stuff has been going on for me personally lately...just landed a new day gig that has me suited up and under the gun from 8-5 M-F...thank God there hasn't been any waves for the last coupla months...

At two months pregnant, my wife and I just found out yesterday that we have to terminate (DNC) the pregnancy because the fetus' heart stopped beating and it quit growing for some unknown reason...this is pretty tough to handle and cope with, but we'll be OK hopefully...I know this kinda stuff happens to folks all the time-and we are not alone, but, I'm mostly concerned about my wife (the boss) Debbie, she is the person who runs SB by day and I am really sad for her because we really wanted another child...so, we will have to try again down the road...if my skinny little thingy still works...this stuff really hurts but makes us appreciate our 2 beautiful children Kyle and Erin even more...love them so much.

Anyways, onto SB stuff...

05' has been an interesting year for SB...some of our plans were pushed back due to the fact that a certain manu./dist. (to remain nameless) of ours practically killed us and others tried like hell to backdoor us every chance they got...so, we cut them off-as well as all others.

So, if anyone that is reading this post runs a shop, is interested in, or would like to carry SB stuff...YOU GOTTA GET IT DIRECT FROM NOW ON...from SB at: info@skaterbuilt.com

It is appropriate I announce that Jay Smith is no longer a member of Team SB. We have about 20 more Jay Smith II Pro Models left and THAT'S IT-so, step up if you want one-cuz they are going fast.

Right now, the TimeWarp 34" (8.5 x34, 18 x 18.5 wb) roundtail and 36" (9 x 36, 20/20.5 wb) squaretail are being manu'd...so is the MockingBird (9.5 x 33,17/17.5 wb)...they should be shaped out this week and then it's over to the screener to be printed...I had my bro Tim Shawl do the art for the TW's logo and it looks really stoney 70's cool...the dark art for the MockingBird is being done by my bro and one of Orange County's finest son's...Bill Easton-the graphic is near completion and they should be ready for purchase in coupla weeks...before XMas.

The Mike Maysey Pro Tight Slalom Model and the Lonny Hiramoto Pro Model are the first projects on our list for 06'...too bad they had to be pushed back, but I just gotta deal with it...

SB also plans to take back the 12" Pig market from BDS again.(hehehehehehe) I have plans for limited runs of 12" Pigs and 10" Piglets as well as doing some sick 12 x 36 (18/18.5 wb) GroundHog's...so-LOOK OUT.

SB is planning on running more of the CULT II's and VRS II's again in 06' due to popular demand. But, we are really stoked that we will be doing some new CULT III's that will feature disturbing psychedelic, acid-sex artwork by Bill Easton...the CULT III is gonna be skinnier and longer at 9 x 36, (20/20.5 wb) than the CULT II. And, SB has plans to do the VRS III which has the same general dimensions as the VRS II but is alot more pointy and ANTI-SOCIAL than the VRS II's.

To round out our 06' plans...we are going to make a limited run of the Taco and the SuperTaco...which are totally symmetrical double-ended beasts for hilling and cruising...I recently ran into an old skate-buddy that converted his garage into a shop and will be able to assist SB with limited runs in 06'-yeah!

As you can tell, SB has alot of plans for 06'...and we plan on sticking to em'.

Thanks again for the support.

dAvO