Getting my Skaterbuilt dialed in...

Skaterbuilt Slalom Boards

Moderator: David Hegstrom

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Getting my Skaterbuilt dialed in...

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Been riding slalom for what 3, 4 years and I never really considered riding a skaterbuilt before. I basically took the year off doing TS in 2006(shortest board in my quiver was 32''). I had seen masey run Breck in 05 and he's just unreal. I was lucky enough to win one of the Masey TS model boards in North Carolina. Some warm weather has given me a chance to dail it in.

For TS I really wish I had the extra cash for a radikal because it makes a huge difference, but I'm 19, in college. I could buy a new set of radikals witht the money I spend every time I buy books!
So with the help of lots of wedges I got an RTX with a spacer under the pivot.
I had a problem with this board at first that the nose is too narrow. I was going to use a traditional foot stop but that wouldn't let me make subtle changes in my foot placement. So I put a strip of foam wedging over then front truck. It keeps my foot in place and gives me an extra edge for my foot to grip.

I love the tail of the board, an offset truck and your golden.

I went to test out the board on the tightest cones I've run in a very long time. four and half foot to six foot gates. Check out the video http://www.slalomspot.com/video/2007/karlTS.mov I'm no Masey but these cones were tiiiight.

So I'm super stoked I got a chance to even ride this board, let alone own the thing. Opened my eyes to the skaterbuilt boards. Very nice!

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:04 am

Karl,

Looks like you were doing just fine without the Rad up front!

Terry

Paul Pellerin

TS

Post by Paul Pellerin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:16 am

Hey Karl,

Looks like you dialed that board in.

Are those wheels wider than normal or is it the photo?

You could of earned enough cash during winter break for that radikal.

Paul Pellerin

TS

Post by Paul Pellerin » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:16 am

Hey Karl,

Looks like you dialed that board in.

Are those wheels wider than normal or is it the photo?

You could of earned enough cash during winter break for that radikal.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:54 am

karl or as he is know in Texas as Klark. That was awesome, I believe you have the SkaterBuilt dialed in. I own one just like it. That just makes me Texas Proud. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:49 am

Yo Eddy thanks for that goody pic. Whatya say TS outlaw outside of Boscos house friday night?

Terry, remember the Magnolia woods TS? I didn't ride a course like that for all of 2006. Can't believe I remember how. We should do more of that.

See you in Texas Amigos.

I'm super stoked about getting a new board working and I just got approval from the town to hold the needham race on a big hill. Dual hybrid with ramps: check http://www.slalomspot.com. I'll post up more tomorrow.

Nick Chamberlain

Post by Nick Chamberlain » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 am

I can't wait for the needham race this year, how are all you needham guys doing? I haven't talk to mario since after magnolia. It sucks I've been sick, well coughing, for like the past month and I haven't got to skate. I did get out to amherst during christmas and found some really sick hills there.

Also I have a car again so if you guys ever have something planned out in advance during the weekends I could definately make it up there.

The new site layout/design looks nice too.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:01 am

Image Looks like SkaterBuilt rider Mark Gumby Gosser Texas Outlaw and Texas PoolShark is also practicing for the Texas Cold Fussion Sizzler.

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Post by David Hegstrom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Get that darn AXE sticker off that board son....hehehehe...just kiddin' kinda...

You're just used to having too wide of a nose...especially the decks that you have been riding recently-there is NO need or room for a wide nose in Slalom at all...it just mows and plows the cones instead...plus, you can't see your freakin' wheels!!!!!

Nice setup Carl!

With the way we ride em'...SB slalom decks don't need wheelwells!

Basically, the optimum setup is Low Rider style!!!

Maysey rides his decks with tight offset back truck...with a flat 1/8" plastic riser...or a 1/4" for taller wheels...

And for the front...Maysey rides em' real high and loose up there...but, not too high and too wedged-or the trucks get overly tippy feeling...me and Mike put 1/2" hard plastic under a standart SB/Khiro 80a wedge...

NO WHEEL BITE EVER!

If you get bite-then you should take some turn out of the truck that is doing the biting.

Also, having the front higher allows you to dive into the cones at a sharper degree angle...

Carl-the nose IS NOT TOO NARROW-for TS, your front foot should be straighter or more parallel with the deck...it has ample room for my size 11.5 D's...just straighten that front foot and get that ball of your back foot more perpendicular in order get the most out of that perfect tail and kick...

...you'll see...there isn't another Pro ts deck made that can even touch the MM or the CK's.

The MM Hybrid and GS are a little wider up front in direct and exact proportion to the ts model...

Thanks for posting the Gumby shot Eddy! Mark is a rad skater...all-around skater that is!

Thanks all - hope this stuff helps.

dAvO