Radikal Rear Prototype

CHIxILL Slalom Skateboards

Moderators: Chris Favero, Chris Novatny

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Radikal Rear Prototype

Post by Stephen Lavin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:24 pm

As a skater now "reborn" and re-committed to the sport I feel it's important to contribute and share observations about new experiences.

Keith Hollien lent me a new Radikal prototype that will be released or GA mid to late February for purchase - I believe the MSRP will be about $155 for the rear truck alone. I rode it yesterday at the Georgia outlaw.

Anyway, last year I was reluctant to give up my Hobie Flex and coveted Tracker trucks. I was able to eek out like a 14th place Open final position on these at the Buckeye. Of course I bought some "S" and "X" models but tried to stay true to what I knew worked for me in the past. Needles to say, I was not very competitive last season and still have a way to go.

Late last year toward the end of the season I made a couple important investments. I purchased new equipment and hung up the old school stuff. The most important buys IMO were the Splitfires (Gen1 and Gen3), the Randall baseplates and my Radikals (I was lucky enough to get the last available of the production titaniums - thanks Keith). The Tracker Dart and the "X"-Track will likey still play an important role in my skating however this new Radikal rear is pretty amazing.

I was a flexy guy that grew up riding everything loose, and I mean everything; rear, deck, and front. I am learning the virtues of the new world and finally (I'm one stubborn dude) listening to mentors like Keith, Richie, Tod, Chris, Greg, and others. Anyway, this rear truck and the stability it offers is pretty amazing. Just wanted to share these observations.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 1787427023
SL
LAVIN