Gecko Hybrid/GS?

Gecko Slalom Boards

Moderator: Martin Drayton

trish erickson

Gecko Hybrid/GS?

Post by trish erickson » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:47 am

I have been holding out for a Hybrid/GS version.....is there one in the making? or will there be soon?
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi Trish,

Sorry for the delay in replying, almost out of snowboard teaching mode! Its been a slow season in the resort work-wise, but I've been lucky and my regular clients have come back in droves so I've been 'making hay while the sun shines'!

Another HGS proto is currently under production and I will keep you posted on progress, lets just say it will do the House of Gecko proud and be a worthy follow up to the SLE.
We need to get some snow turns in together before it disappears!

Martin

ps.Paul Price will be going to the Sizzler, so keep an eye out for him.

trish erickson

gecko

Post by trish erickson » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:12 pm

thanks Martin!

Yes ,we need to make some turns. I have a day pass for Park City that a friend gave me. I need to use it soon. I have been trying to ride every day off I can. Not sure if I've really improved much but I luv it! I did see Paul's name on the contest calender. Too bad you can't be there to join him in representing the Brits! Should be a great first season race.

see ya soon I hope!

Trish
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:06 pm

The latest proto of the Hybrid/GS (the HGS) was ridden in anger by Gabe Taylor at the recent event at Hog Hill in London, this was what he had to say on his way to 6th place, his highest ever finish in a UK event:

"Gecko Decks: Jeff has really stepped up and popped out a future classic Hybrid/Gs board. It is a great ride with future potential. I was riding the prototype and i can't wait to get the final product. I was riding it at the 21" wheelbase, if any body was curious, it is a 20", 21", 22" deck. I have got to say it would be hard for me to ride anything else after getting on that. Thanks Jeff!!! "

Its coming....and it will be worth the wait!

MD

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:05 am

Ssshhhhh!!!!! Don't tell anyone, but I've got what may be the final prototype of the HGS deck in time to take it to Hood River. With some design input from George Pappas and others, this deck should put smiles on faces...
See ya in Oregon.

MD

trish erickson

Gecko Hybrid?

Post by trish erickson » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:00 am

Weeeelllll.........Ridden the new board yet?
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Post by Martin Drayton » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:25 pm

Oh yes, and its everything I hoped it would be! Going out for another early morning spin tomorrow around 7.45, maybe see you then?

MD

trish erickson

Post by trish erickson » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:48 am

I have to work! dang it.
ts