Indiana slalom skateboards in the US?

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

RL

Indiana slalom skateboards in the US?

Post by RL » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:22 pm

Can Jani or anyone tell me if you can buy Indiana skateboards in the States?
Maybe Jani could help me out on sizing in case I need to order direct. Also do you know the conversion on weight in pounds and price in US dollars?
BTW. I weigh 155 lbs.
I wonder if you can tell me the width of your deck in inches?
I'm looking for a deck in the 28-30" x 7-8" range. How much camber?
Thanks very much.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:59 pm

Dear Ric,

This is Dan Gesmer of Seismic writing from Jani's computer...

In the past, Longskate.com did some U.S. distribution for Indiana, but that arrangement has reportedly gone sour.

A new U.S. distribution channel for Indiana may be in the works, but nothing is for sure yet...

As far as I know, Indiana offers decks in a variety of lengths, widths, shapes, cambers and stiffnesses. What works best for you will always depend on many variables including the skating application, bodyweight, skill level, style and personal preference.

A common factor used to convert mass from pounds to kilograms is: 2.2 pounds = 1 kilogram

Currency exchange rates are fluctuating constantly, so it is useless to tell you today's rate. It will have changed by the time you read this!

RL

Indiana

Post by RL » Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:30 am

Thanks very much.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:39 am

We import Indiana from Switzerland to the UK and find that they are fine boards. We have also seen and ridden some decks from Insect, www.insectskateboards.com who make boards in the US (some for a rather good US slalom deck co) and I'd consider those as a good US sourced alternative. They are not vertically laminated or concaved like the Indianas, but the quality is on a par. The shapes are similar, perhaps a tad wider, which is a good thing. Give them a try, they are a new co so the website is a bit sparse right now.