Too much flex?

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Barry Gourley

Too much flex?

Post by Barry Gourley » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:04 pm

I bought a longboard from ebay before I found this site. Since reading what everyone has to say board flex, is too much going to get me hurt? If I stand in the middle of the board how much should it flex? I'm guessing I'll end up getting another fermer board.

Thanks.
Thanks,
Barry

Barry Gourley

to much flex

Post by Barry Gourley » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:09 pm

So know one has ever had a board that flexs to much for their bodyweight? Maybe I just need to lose a few pounds.
Thanks,
Barry

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Flex

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:12 pm

How long is the deck? Is it a wood laminate, or a fiberglass type board? I have an old LSD wood Laminate deck for instance and it flexes about an inch when I stand in the middle.

Hunter Singleton

Post by Hunter Singleton » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:40 pm

Is this a longboard? If it is, if you like to carve at low to moterate speed i like a lot of flex (I can jump up and down on my 38" sector nine wood/fibreglass and I can make the deck it touch the ground!) If you want to just bomb (go straight down a hill) get some thing preety stiff.

Barry Gourley

i

Post by Barry Gourley » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:18 pm

The board is 7 ply 46in lond and 10 at its widest point . I want to do some cones and just some road riding.It does flex alot to me and thats why i was asking if to much flex can cause problems.
Thanks,
Barry

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 pm

I'm not into Longboard slalom, how far are your cones apart? When the board flexes and you go around a cone does it snap back with your pump? If it does not then I would say the the board is unresponsive and is not suited for slalom. But it just might not be that type of deck, there are a lot of good long board slalom decks out there if you want to get one though.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

flex

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:28 pm

Sorry posted the last post without seeing Barry's last post. It sounds like the board that you ride is fine for what you do. But I would stick to my earlier post if the deck was used exclusivly for slalom.

Hunter Singleton

Post by Hunter Singleton » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:45 am

I can run 8 foot cones easily on my 38", so 8 foot for you would likely be a good challenge