Banked slalom board and course

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

David Thornton

Banked slalom board and course

Post by David Thornton » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:14 pm

What type of setup is best for banked slalom? Carving up and down banks is probably my favorite thing to do on a skateboard and I think this would be my best slalom event so I'd like to design my board for primarily banked slalom skating (with decent all around capabilities).

I've been looking for a good picture of Olson's banked slalom board but can't find a shot of just the board anywhere.

Also, what cone spacing etc. is best for a banked slalom course?

Thanks,

Slyde
Consider the board the brush and the park, pool, curb the canvas. http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/80skate/

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:39 pm

Also, what cone spacing etc. is best for a banked slalom course?

Depends on the course.

I'm sure there's a pic of Olson's ride out there somewhere, but in the meantime I have pics of Kona's banked slalom and Indian School banked slalom courses.

I'll replace this photo of Hamm with a better shot of the course later.

If you can bank ride, you can race banked slalom.

David Thornton

Post by David Thornton » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:32 pm

That is beautiful. I spent all morning cutting out my new slalom deck only to find that it was uneven. Ordered a Bahne black hills to get me started instead. Hopefully all this rain will stop by the time it gets here 'cos I got my cones yesterday.
Consider the board the brush and the park, pool, curb the canvas. http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/80skate/

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:53 am

David,
For an easily available, affordable Bank Slalom setup you might want to check out the Bozi Mad Bomber II. It is awesome and Jeff is the coolest to deal with.
www.boziboardz.com
If you don't have an aversion to Seismics, or you've not ridden them yet, you should give them a try. IMO, there's no better truck on the MBII.
Happy Riding :)
Dan
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan