Big Brand Names, OR A cool little rig in some guys garage.

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Do you like big brand name companies or small independent ones?

I won't trust the big brand names because they're mass produced.
67%
Those small companies don't know what they're doing.
33%

Total votes: 9

Ben Himovitz

Big Brand Names, OR A cool little rig in some guys garage.

Post by Ben Himovitz » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:28 am

Would you be at all interested in a small company just trying to get a start in the business? Or are you partial to big brand names because you don't think the little guys can make a board?
If you like smaller soul companies, then check out the following website:

http://1945ind.blogspot.com/

this company was started by me and my friends in Santa Barbara, CA, USA. we want to bring these boards to the public so that people will realize how much cooler solid wood boards are than those hi-tech carbon composite foam whatever they are. Luca Giammarco rides solid oak decks for TS and they are awesome for him. check out this link to read the story about him and his solid decks.

viewtopic.php?t=2287&highlight=

oh, and don't forget to go to the STORY PAGE on the 1945 site listed above. i think you might find it interesting. thanks,
ben and the rest of the 1945 crew.

P.S.-- i almost forgot. we are looking for some sponsors for our company. like someone to pay the site costs like this one. we can;t even afford to run an actual website(which is why we are running off of a free MSN group page) so if you are interested in helping us in any way, just drop us a line at himotomas @hotmail.com

Answer the poll. Do it!...Please....Thanks.
Last edited by Ben Himovitz on Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26 bones broken, and counting....

Eric Moore
Eric Moore
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:25 am

Hey Ben,
I find it hard to answer your poll because neither one of those statements is true for me. Some massed produced stuff is crap, but there are companies that pay attention to quality and mass produce some good stuff. When it comes to slalom, almost nothing is mass produced. Definitely not decks. Even the "big" slalom deck makers are really, really small companies.

A lot of people seem to like a stiff plank for TS, so I think there could be a market for your boards. The key will be getting them under people's feet at races. Go to as many as you can and show off your stuff!

Good luck!

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:28 pm

I like my own boards but I dont have a fancy garage just a back yard and a saw horse.

good luck with it.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:37 pm

your board looks nice, but your poll doesn't really allow you to vote for either. I have boards from big(ger) companies and I work for a small skate company. Basically, if a board is good, it's good. Doesn't matter to me who made it.
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Ben Himovitz

Post by Ben Himovitz » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:30 pm

Thanks for responding. I agree, now that i think about it, i didnt really give poeple a chance to answer because some mass produced products are really nice. anyways, thanks for your input, and if you want (and i want to), i can email you guys some pictures. just post your email on this thread and i will send some pics.

http://1945ind.blogspot.com/ ... this is the site for our little company...we cant afford a real website yet so right now we're just using Blogger.
26 bones broken, and counting....