My new buddy!

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Jon-Pat Myers
Faster!
Faster!

My new buddy!

Post by Jon-Pat Myers » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:29 pm

I snapped my old slalom board doing a kickflip!.... I know, I know...
So I took a solid piece of oak and CARVED me a new board!!
It has a 75mm concave or more like spooncave as it shallows out toward the rear. The risers are basically part of the board and the bottom is beveled down to reduce the weight factor.
Contrary to my expectations it turns out to be one of the best all round boards I have ever ridden. Ultra stiff as you can imagine and a little on the heavy side but shockingly stable at speed and responsive in the tight dept.

As I havent been able to succesfully post the image you will be able to see them at the WFSA friends of freestyle forum.
I will post the link as soon as.

Your comments/questions are most welcome

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: My new buddy!

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:20 pm

Jon-Pat Myers wrote: As I havent been able to succesfully post the image you will be able to see them at the WFSA friends of freestyle forum.
You can always email me images you want to upload, I'll post then on the server and give you the link to include in your post.

janiATslalomskatebaorder.com

/Jani

Jon-Pat Myers
Faster!
Faster!

Images

Post by Jon-Pat Myers » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks to Jani for helping out!
Here are two images....

Cheers!

Justin Pannulla
Justin Thyme
Justin Thyme

Post by Justin Pannulla » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Thats pretty sweet!

I like the integrated wedges.
"I like symmetry and geometric shapes"
"I wanted my head to appear small, and the easiest way to do that was to make my body bigger."

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:40 pm

Didn't Keith Hollien invent that design?
Check out his Pocket Pistols deck, available in several sizes.

(but no built in wedges).

/Jani

Jon-Pat Myers
Faster!
Faster!

Post by Jon-Pat Myers » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:45 am

Hi Jani,
The only one I see that resembles it is the Hill Killer. Is that the one you're referring to?
I basically did the shape free hand based on my preferred foot position so I dont even know the specs but I can measure it up and compare... I am not surprised though as it is a really functional shape and I have grown to love this board in the short time I have had it and will definitely make more based on the same idea. When I have some more time , I will perhaps do some variations on the solid chunk approach such as fluted wings and such to cut the weight a little. On the subject of weight...I have found that a heavier board has not really affected the performance at, except perhaps that it's a little slower out of the gate.
As a point of interest...The old Logan earth solid jobbies...what was the deck thickness. Would anyone know? Or does anyone on the boards who is more experienced have any advice or comments about solid boards in general?
Thanks in advance