Skaterbuilt C.K. Tight

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Dave Larson

Skaterbuilt C.K. Tight

Post by Dave Larson » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:00 pm

I have a new slalom buddy up here in the northland. I have put him on my P.P. superlight 30 inch.,Roe S Cam and a B.B. E series. He rides a Skaterbuilt for his park ride and loves it.He is really a good all around skater and has shown much promise in slalom.He is lookin hard at the Skaterbuilt Tight. Any feedback on this board? thanks Dave
Last edited by Dave Larson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not so only,lonely,slalom sk8ter

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:02 pm

Dave I bought the Mike Masey SkaterBuilt for T S this year, the board is very responsive, quick and the fact that it is cambered keeps your feet well positioned. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws

Dave Larson

Post by Dave Larson » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:29 pm

Thanks Eddy. Yeah not alone here anymore,and this one guy is good.It is great that I can race with someone on a consistant basis now. Hope you are healing. Later Dave

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 am

Dave, I rode a Conekiller TS in the tight slalom at Brixlegg. My results sucked (21st) but the board didn't. Here's my take on it.

Plus: VERY responsive. Because of the laminated maple construction and fairly substantial concave, there's virtually zero flex. When you lean on this board to turn, IT TURNS. For TS and tight hybrid, that's a big plus.

Plus: It's relatively inexpensive for a high-performance board, and it's likely to be very durable. Plus it looks bad-ass.

Possible minus (depending on your stance): It's very narrow at the front, and as mentioned above, the concave is pretty substantial. So if you ride a real surfy stance (feet pointed across the board as opposed to pointed more forward), you might find it a bit narrow, especially if you have big feet, and the concave might feel a bit too severe. But if you ride it with a more forward-directed stance, the width is just what you need, and the concave becomes much more comfortable.

Possible minus: It's not as light as a foam board, but that may not matter to some people. Luca won the Worlds TS in 2003 on an oak board, Breckenridge TS was won by Richy in 2004 and Cbark in 2005 on Axes, and Maysey won the 2005 Worlds TS on a Skaterbuilt.

One more thing: The stock wheelbases on the ConeKiller TS are pretty short: the minimum is 16.5", I think, and the maximum is only about 18". So it's best suited for true TS, unless you drill it out further--which can be done on the nose a bit.

Overall: I think it's a very high-quality board, especially when used for its intended purpose. Remember, this is just my opinion. But I hope that helps.

Dave Larson

Post by Dave Larson » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:23 pm

Thanks guys. JBH I am going to need my super spacers. This guy is fast and riding Rockin Rons Ceramics.So I need a edge man. Good Luck out west . Dave

Steve Pederson
Steve
Steve

Post by Steve Pederson » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:45 pm

:-)
Last edited by Steve Pederson on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

thanks guys!!!

Post by David Hegstrom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:31 am

Thanks to you guys and others-I have sold out all of my CK TS decks...if you are having any problems or narrow nose issues with our CK's-then you are gonna love theVRS II Hybrid decks...very stiff/positive flex pattern and wider in the front area...with our exclusive SkaterBuilt concave. In the 20" drill holes it's mounted directly on top of the kicks at both ends...The VRS II Hybrid can also be ran in TS too!
Here's a pic of me riding and Mike Maysey riding and holding one...
I'd like to here some of your opinions on the merits of stiff wood concaved decks with kicked up noses and tails...come on, I'm a big boy-I can take it...hehehe.

dAvO
www.skaterbuilt.com

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:20 am

I like stiff wood concaved decks! Thats why I ride a Pavel Gang Of germany deck! :-)

But...I like this Formica stuff also! :-)

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm

yep
dave has some good stuff out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:02 pm

Dave,

The only negative I've ever heard about cone killers is that they were a little short on room in the nose. Looks like you've addressed that. Way to go.

Joe

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

thanks JOE I!!!

Post by David Hegstrom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:56 am

Thanks Joe!

Yeah, not every deck is for everybody huh? But, since Mr. Nathanson at the other slalom site started pulling my posts from his Vendors Forum-I've been selling slalom decks like hotcakes...the hybrids are going well...check out Gumby's VRS II Hybrid...

Niiiice!

Thanks again to Joe I for being one of-if not THE coolest guy in skateboarding-he was also SkaterBuilt's very first customer back in 02'.

Cheers.

dAvO

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Check this out folks...

Post by David Hegstrom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 pm

Check it-These decks are THE very best. Especially for the price!

$60 plus shipping - gets you a deck that will not break down over time like your foamies.

Get Some.

davO
www.skaterbuilt.com
www.myspace.com/skaterbuiltskateboards