own made slalom board

Slalom Skateboard Decks forum

Moderator: Marion Karr

Boyd de visser

own made slalom board

Post by Boyd de visser » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:12 pm

my liltle home made still needs an paintjob and grip cut.
still the ol´setup now its whit seismic 105mm and seismic hotspots

how do you ppl like it all comments are welcome since i am planning to make an other slalom deck to so al tips and advices are welcome :)

Paul Howard

Home Made slalom deck

Post by Paul Howard » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:34 am

Nice job, is it covered with aluminum?

On your next deck, think about making it wider over the back truck, wide enough to get more leverage but still narrow enough to have your toes and heels on the edges. Also, if you can make it concave and add wheelwells that will improve your footing and give you more wheel clearance to avoid wheelbite. Keep enough width up front so your front foot can really guide the front end.

I think the Seismic 30 degree truck makes a good back truck, but I think you will get better action out of the front end if you use a Tracker RT-X or Indy, Radikal, or GOG. The distance of the pivot/roll point away from your foot is what makes for a good rear truck's ability to get more traction and stability but at the same time, that takes away from what you want to emphasize in a front truck which is bringing the pivot point closer to your front foot for a more immediate response.

Good Luck- Paul
I just dig slalom!

Boyd de visser

Post by Boyd de visser » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:03 pm

nope its just shiny of the coating and its also covered whit fiberglass the thing is stiff as hell and it shines like hell to