67%
no
33%

Total votes: 6

Jadranko Radovanovic

GR- 8. JUNIOR'S CLASS

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:51 pm

8. JUNIOR'S CLASS

It is up to the organizer to hold also a junior class. Juniors could then compete in a separate course, or in the same as the regular group. Juniors may choose to compete also or only in the senior/regular class.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Re: GR- 8. JUNIOR'S CLASS

Post by Pat Chewning » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:15 pm

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:8. JUNIOR'S CLASS

It is up to the organizer to hold also a junior class. Juniors could then compete in a separate course, or in the same as the regular group. Juniors may choose to compete also or only in the senior/regular class.
I am a firm believer in racers only racing one class. Choose to race JR or choose to race senior/regular -- but not both.

My suggestion for this rule would be:

The organizer may hold also a junior class. Juniors may choose to compete in the senior/regular class. A racer is allowed to race in only 1 class.

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:04 pm

complete it with
the results should be presented separately and prizes should be given (separately).
(see also Womens's class rule)

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Two issues. If you have a fast Junior and he podiums with the men- and also dominates Juniors- I think the kid has got to pick a class and stick with it (in regards to getting a prize)

Kids can pay twice to race in both classes I suppose. (then they would be entitled to prizes from both classes)

You also have the issue of a skilled Junior racing novice Juniors. In this case the Skilled Junior should definitely race with the Men.

Same issue with Women racing against Novice women- realistically you want to try and group SIMILAR skill levels together. That is the whole idea behind classes.

So you don't want a fast Junior like Mike Duquette who placed in "The Open A bracket " (Which included the pros) at Dixie just swooping down and sucking up the prizes from a novice Junior group- even though we placed ALL the Juniors in one group regardless of skill level. This would discourage novice juniors and for the most part up until 3 years ago most Juniors were Novices- but this has changed. Hopefully we will ahve neough fast kids soon.

Its like having Adults Trick or Treating with kids. Sure you can do it- but why?

The tough thing then is making sure that a junior gets credit as a junior or the World Ranking will only reflect the results of kids that stayed in junior class.

Perhaps a possible way to do this is to use Quals for Juniors to give them World ranking points (often the times are so wide spread it is easy to do this). Of course if the courses are different this is impossible.

The issue is- if you get a really fast Junior like Schwippert , Duquette, Joe and Kyle Mclaren-how can we make sure they get the correct points.

Soon we might have Pro Juniors- that would be cool.
Last edited by John Gilmour on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: GR- 8. JUNIOR'S CLASS

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Pat Chewning wrote:My suggestion for this rule would be:

The organizer may hold also a junior class. Juniors may choose to compete in the senior/regular class. A racer is allowed to race in only 1 class.
I agree. Maybe we need to add Junior boys, Juniors girls etc as you sometimes do in the States. We don't often see it over here. But it is a part of the Ranking system, so equivalent wording should be used.

/Jani

Luke Melo
Luke
Luke

Post by Luke Melo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:17 am

John Gilmour wrote:Soon we might have Pro Juniors- that would be cool.
im 13. im gonna try and become a pro junior. i have 3 full seasons left! I'm commin' after you claude!
mmmmmmmm........... cookies :)