80%
no
20%

Total votes: 5

Jadranko Radovanovic

GR- 13. MAIN INFORMATION BOARD

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:57 pm

13. MAIN INFORMATION BOARD

A main information board should be displayed at a convenient place within the competition area to post starting lists, results and all other information important to the participants of the competition. This board should have a title posted above the information. The title should read "Main information board". If more than one information board exists, one should have the title "Main information board". The other boards should only say "Information".

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:34 pm

I'd suggest someone re-writes the wording, but the general principle seems ok. I assume we all expect to find a location where information is posted. If we could have more printed information during the races that would be good. Printed results at the race site, ideally with copies to each and everyone, would be very appreciated. Maybe that's in another paragraph.

/Jani

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:45 am

I would like to strongly suggest that organizers list the starting order pairs - simply a print out of the skaters.

These should be printed so that spectators can follow a particular skater and skaters know when they are up.

Simply shouting out the skaters order is not only- not that effective but also disruptive to the commentary to keep the fans interested.

Skaters should take note of the few rounds prior to their run so that when they see those skaters on course..they know to get their butts to the top of the hill.

I think a great idea would be to make a skater walking up the hill responsible for finding the skater pair that will be racing in 6 runs. After all the skater is walking up hill anyhow- so its not like there is any extra effort required.

So for instance. Soderhall races against Floitgraf and while walking up they just have to tell Schippert and Jonathan Harms to get ready for their run. I suppose you could not release their resultant times until they confirm to the timer that they have notified Schwippert and Harms.

just a thought.

When we are down to the rounds of 8...I think everyone knows that they have to get to the top right away.

If you are eliminated...well maybe you have to find the next people- but I like the idea of people working in pairs to ensure it gets done and is not forgotten.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour