86%
no
14%

Total votes: 7

Jadranko Radovanovic

GR- 25. RETRY

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:13 pm

25. RETRY

If a skaters run is interfered with because of people or animals on the course, or if one or more cones was displaced before starting the run If the skater wants to claim a re-run he has to stop immediately after discovering a displaced cone or after being hindered and notify the closest cone judge, he should be granted a second try. This is normally done after all the other slalomers have completed their runs.
Last edited by Jadranko Radovanovic on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:18 pm

We definitely need something like this and it is often applied in the current races. I think it should be refined with something like "If the skater wants to claim a re-run he has to stop immediately after discovering a displaced cone or after being hindered and notify the closest cone judge".

/Jani

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Retry in head-to-head?

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:09 am

The rule should be clarified as to what happens to the OTHER racer on a retry when doing a head-to-head race:
A) Other racer MUST do a retry. (Retry the entire run with both racers. Both racer's 1st run thrown away.)
B) Other racer may ELECT to take a retry run. (The faster of the 2 runs is used for this racer).
C) Other racer may ELECT to take a retry run. If he does, that 2nd run is the one that counts and the 1st run is thrown away.

I propose that option C is the best. Let me use an extreme example:
By some stroke of luck, I qualify in position #32. I am pitted against Chris Barker who qualified #1. We take our 1st run head-to-head. Chris easily is beating me by 6 cones or more. I get interfered with and abandon the race. Chris finishes normally. I want a re-run. Should Chris be forced to do a re-run? I don't think so. He has so many other races to run, no need to get all tired out.