No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 11

Jadranko Radovanovic

SSR- 3. SLALOM RUN

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:36 pm

3. SLALOM RUN

3.1 The competitors should pass the first cone on the right side. The organizer is advised to indicate this with an arrow drawn on the ground.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Not this one

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:53 pm

As stated in a related parameter of points on this particular rule. This one is useless. Serves no point and takes away from the point of trying to create courses that offer equal oppurtunity.

Why should a regular or goofy footed rider benefit or be at a possible disadvantage?

Start should be indicated on Left or Right!

Possibly alternating it over a weekend where multiple events are run in one contest.
Many Happy Pumps!

Kevin Dunne

Post by Kevin Dunne » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 am

Yeah...what Claude said!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:37 pm

I always laugh a little when someone stands at the start and yells, "which side do I come in on?" This invariably leads to someone grabbing a piece of chalk and drawing a big arrow on the road.

Here's my solution: ALWAYS OFFSET THE FIRST CONE!

Even if it's just half a cone width, it will always clearly indicate which side to enter. No need for chalk, no need for rules about always entering one side or the other.

Some course setters have got into the habit of setting the first few cones in a straight line to pick up speed. That's fine. I doubt, though, that any course's "integrity" will be lost if the first cone is set just a couple of inches one way or the other.

If after that someone still asks for directions from the top of the ramp then they need to pick up their board and do something else.