63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8

Jadranko Radovanovic

SPSR- 7. CONE DISPLACEMENTS

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:52 pm

7. CONE DISPLACEMENTS

7.1 The time penalty for each cone displaced shall be 0,1 second.

7.2 A cone displacement is defined when the whole cone is outside the circle drawn around the base of the cone or when the cone falls over. A cone hit by another cone from the same course and is displaced as described above is also counted as displaced.

A cone hit and displaced by a cone from the other course should not be counted as displaced.

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 pm

I think we need the "cone out of circle" rule, but I don't think we need to specify what the cone penalty will be.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:06 am

double post
Last edited by John Gilmour on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Cone interference

Post by John Gilmour » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:08 am

I also think that if a cone is seen hitting another cone- a flag should be raised or a colored card shold go up to alert people of this special instance. That way people pay attention immediately.

In the recent Dixie cup race a cone was hit into Mike Duquettes lane, it displaced one of his cones and immediately the cone from the other lane was struck by Duquette right back into the opponents lane- one of the cones in Duquette's lane was struck down, but there was no evidence that an opposing lane cone did this because it flew right back.

I still am not sure if that cone was counted correctly by the cone marshalls. I saw it happen from the start area but I was very busy at the time.

Interference cones should be noted immediately to ensure they are accounted for.
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour