2008 ISSA Rules update - Contest organizers' responsibility

general rules, special-tight-giant rules

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Robert Thiele

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

2008 ISSA Rules update - Contest organizers' responsibility

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:29 pm

I was thinking we might need a rule to say that the contest organizer always has the last word in case a decision has to be made.

Of course all applicable rules and regulations should be considered, but in the end there might be no other way than to just invent a new role. That rule may even break some existing ISSA rule, but it was the only way forward. Ie in case of rain, in case of dispute, in case of other exceptional, unforeseen circumstances etc.

In that case I think the rules should say that the Contest Organizer can take virtually any decision he considers most appropriate.

If it is abused, or unfortunate decisions are made, there is one kind of punishment that can be applied, the ISSA status committee will be more reluctant to award a high status to the event next year.

Do we need this or not?

/Jani

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:04 pm

Every decision must be announced to the racers in an obligatory riders meeting.

The riders will have the option to have veto the decision if a clear majority is against the decision.

It is important to have a good communication between organization and the racers.

That can be helped by putting an information board right next to the racers' tent or starting ramp etc.

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:20 pm

I think this is covered under the current proposal in section 11.1 which outlines a single required official for the race (Head Race Judge) who is responsible for all the on-the-hill decisions.

It allows for further assignment of other race officials.