Masters class: 45 plus

general rules, special-tight-giant rules

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Robert Thiele

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Masters class: 45 plus

Post by Flavio Badenes » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Would it be possible to have a ranking with the riders that are 45 plus?

I can see that there is something like 45 legends pro and am, but how about just creating a ranking for the competitors in other events too (am and pro). All we need to do is to check the age of the competitor and based on the results of the races that competitor took part create a ranking.

Any possibilities of having this in 2008?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:22 pm

In the ranking there's already the legends level, but not all have reported their year of birth to Corky to appear correctly in the ranking. If you're close to the legends level, or in the junior category, send Corky your year of birth so that he can place you in the right category, now and in the next few years.

But, back to the topic, should we have a Masters class in all events? Well, my personal idea was that we need it when we, the legends, can no longer beat the young ones. For me that day has already come, but it's not the case for everyone. Until that day, a solution would be to present a Masters listing, but not actually run that class. This idea was raised a year ago approximately, and would give the old guys an opportunity to regularly measure themselves with others of the same age group. As an extra result, there's not much further complication for the organizers and trophies are not really needed, although some organizer may wish to compensate the best "Legend category" skater just like we sometimes do with "youngest skater" or other exceptional awards.

/Jani

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:24 pm

I am all for a Master class. That would spice things up a bit for us the older skaters. I don´t care about the trophies, but racing against people my own age sounds like a fair thing to me.

I will send Corky my date of birth.

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:24 pm

I like the sound of it...........maaasterrrr..........yes I like it! I´m a newbee and allready in the masterclass. PERFECT!Image

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:08 pm

robert gaisek wrote:I like the sound of it...........maaasterrrr..........yes I like it! I´m a newbee and allready in the masterclass. PERFECT!Image
You are rocking Robert.

Send your date of birth to Corky and lets get this master thing going.
Let´s find out who is the master of all masters :-)
or is it master of all legends??

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:19 pm

I have 3 years before I'm masters material but I think having a masters class is a good idea...though it still means that I am racing against people who are faster than me
turns are fun....

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Old farts...

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Tony Peters wrote:I have 3 years before I'm masters material but I think having a masters class is a good idea...though it still means that I am racing against people who are faster than me
Ah, but you should be happy in the knowledge that they ache as much as you do every morning!

MD

ps.age 48.