too many rules can kill the fun

general rules, special-tight-giant rules

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Robert Thiele

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

too many rules can kill the fun

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:53 am

sounds stupid,but i see too many different things and aspects being thrown in here year by year.
even for seasoned riders it is almost impossible to have all the rules in their head.
best example amsterdam,where ramon had to look up a certain rule in the net to make it clear for riders during the race.
the more this sport gets "ruled" the less it might be attractive,especially for organizers who have to look at the gigantic amount of rules involved in a simple race.
there are some that won't have any problem but there ill be newbies coming along the way that might get irritated by the massive amount of rules and restrictions.

i think a general overview of how a race should be done is necessary and good and a race following these simple rules should have these set as a quality benchmark for the race in question.
but in general i see too many different things posted by either you jani or by pat.

please don't take this as an insult,but it really makes me wonder if this is necessary and also progressing the sport.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:34 pm

I think you will notice a theme in my recent postings on rule changes:

Keep the rules steady and constant unless they are broken.

In very few cases will I support a change to the rules.

This should help racers and race organizers be able to "know" the rules without looking them up.