Full Bag Quiver (how do you like your Full Bag?)

FullBag Slalom Boards

Moderator: Miguel Marco

David Graves-Witherell

Full Bag Quiver (how do you like your Full Bag?)

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:56 pm

The wide concave tail and multiple W/B choices of the Full Bag boards makes a lot of sense to me so I am pulling the trigger on a JITT and Red Baron. (Yes, I'm also a gear whore). I look forward to my own personal HS shoot out with the Red Baron, Axe II Ultimate and Pavel C Bark HS.
I'm curious how others have their JITT and Red Barons set up? I plan to use older titanium Rads (w/ claw rear) on the JITT and a rad front/airflow rear on the Red Barron. I have 2 kiro wedge kits ready to go. I will play around until I get the right feel for me, but how do you like your Full Bags?

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:28 pm

David - email me, and then we'll talk by phone. I got a ton of info for you on these questions...at least to get to a starting point that works for you.

Don't put a Rad Claw in the rear though - I think you meant something else, but just to be sure.

-R
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

David Graves-Witherell

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Good catch Rick! You are correct. I did not mean a Radikal Claw but the rear Radikal truck (not the wing rear but the other.) I just sent Mig a Pay Pal for both :) I'll email you once I have them. Put an order in to Sk8Kings for some accessories too. Can't wait for the ankle to heal up and really get this seaon started. Missing out on last weekend, especially after the winter we had, SUCKED!

Curt Chapman

Post by Curt Chapman » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:08 am

I don't like Fullbag(s) at all...

Back usually at -14 degrees. Front usually at 3-10 degrees, sometimes more, depending on the truk and the turniness desired.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm

SL Outlaw in Montreal 5/7/2011 - get your papers in order! Likely QC 5/21 too. You'd get more Fullbag setup advice there than anywhere else. :-)
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

David Graves-Witherell

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 am

Edit
Last edited by David Graves-Witherell on Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Graves-Witherell

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Feels like Christmas. Just gripped the JITT and Red Baron. Thanks Mig! Hope to be able to make some runs next Sunday w/ the Boston crew and try them out. Had. To sell some of my coveted Bull Dog Skates wheels to get these boards but have added some nice decks to my race quiver. Thanks for the wedge suggestions. Gonna be a fun season!

David Graves-Witherell

Post by David Graves-Witherell » Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Took the Red Baron out last Friday evening with some friends but didn't have the right bushings combo. Think I got it right Saturday and really like the Red Baron. The wider concave mellow kicktail feels great. I have the radikal claw at 8 or 9 degrees w/ clear/blue rad bushings in the front and a airflow at 14 degrees w/ venom green and kiro black bushings in the rear. 20.5 w/b.. This weekend I hope to set up the JITT. Ankle is getting better and I should be skating w/ my friends on the 202 hill soon!