the true competition

Slalom Skateboarding in Brasil

Moderator: Sammy Nogueira

Bruno Brown RIP
Bruno (1962-2014) RIP
Bruno (1962-2014) RIP

the true competition

Post by Bruno Brown RIP » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 pm

after 34 years of skateboarding diferent ways and styles; i found out racing is the only competition you can really count 'cause it involves time not judges;to be short,skateboarding in other styles was not meant to be judged,it's too personal and like it or not, EVERYONE have their preferences,how can a street skater judge how hard it is to do a 6 feet air on a vert ramp or vice-versa...besides,if anywhere at anytime somebody started to put values on tricks and judges would study and known by heart these values ,it would be (maybe) possible to score runs with judges ;but still we'd have preferences.So this year after trying to put a bowl circuit together here in Brazil; by faith or destiny i ended up throwing a giant slalom contest(which i always liked)!!the last one i skated was a banked slalom one at the 70's wave park park here in sao paulo in 1978(3rd place)!!Since i've skated park contests,bowl contests,the first street contest(1980)here in brasil and won the legends circuit in 2004;practcing for this giant slalom one made me realize this is the only fair competition in skateboarding...no judges..straight eletronic timing ,no human preference factor involved...it is either you malke it or you don't;period!!besides;the real competition is with yourself to improve in each run besides the mission of doing the best time!!!!this is what competition is all about; not judging!!!"IT'S NOT ABOUT THE TRICKS BITCH;IT'S ABOUT SKATEBOARDING!!!!

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:06 pm

That is true bro!

Sammy Nogueira
Sammy
Sammy

Post by Sammy Nogueira » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:40 pm

The Real esence of skateboard. Don´t Judge , just only play and enjoy the adrenalin...
Rogerio Nogueira
SAMMY
http://www.myspace.com/rogeriosammy
http://www.hardcontrol.net
CHIXILL ***** #sk8_slalom_independente