World Records (set at Oregon State Games) General discussion

Official ISSA World Records

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Maria Carrasco

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

World Records (set at Oregon State Games) General discussion

Post by Pat Chewning » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:06 pm

The ISSA has ratified the following world records set at the Oregon State Games june 22 2008 in Salem Oregon:

Dan Miszewski 100-Cone w/cone penalty Men Masters 25.26
Judy Oyama 100-Cone clean Women Open 30.544
Pete Ingraham 100-Cone clean Men Masters 29.824
Judy Oyama 100-Cone clean Women Masters 30.544

Congratulations to Judy, Dan, and Pete!

Now let's go out and beat these records.

Full list of records here: http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/ISSA/ ... ecords.pdf
Last edited by Pat Chewning on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:58 pm

are there complete results from this event somewhere? I guess there were more than just these that had a go at the records.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:25 am

Marcus Seyffarth wrote:are there complete results from this event somewhere? I guess there were more than just these that had a go at the records.
results here http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=6176

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:28 am

thanks!

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:49 pm

I did not get it right about the records listed on that link you posted above.
Has not Pappas set a new 100 cone with penalty record?

Are those records on the list the ones we can find in the Guinness Book?

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Márcio Benevides wrote:I did not get it right about the records listed on that link you posted above.

I think Pappas did beat the WR in a practice session, but not an official WR attempt.

We will send results to Guiness in October (after ISSA WR weekend)

Márcio Benevides
Marcio
Marcio

Post by Márcio Benevides » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Pat Chewning wrote:
Márcio Benevides wrote:I did not get it right about the records listed on that link you posted above.

I think Pappas did beat the WR in a practice session, but not an official WR attempt.

We will send results to Guiness in October (after ISSA WR weekend)
Thanks, Pat!! Now I got it!!

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 am

Did someone contact guiness before ? Do you really want to send them 28 different World Records ? Less than 10% voted on those rules for world records. The method how the rules where setted is not correct. The ISSA is not able to publish the Records on a website, and are not able to respond on the application (i get no answer until yet). DO first the first step before doing the seventh or eigth step. The ISSA is not able to handle the ranking (see slalomranking.com, no results from 2008 and it is mid season), nor are they able to phrasing a vision of the sport. Think about it !

/J-Rad

Stefano Bellingeri
Stefano
Stefano

Post by Stefano Bellingeri » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Dear J-Rad, actually I'm a bit surprise too concerning the 2008 season. I really would like to have all the info online (i.e world ranking) and no races cancelled few seconds before going to the airport (Hannover). But we have to help each other otherwise our nice sport won't do the next step. So what are the reasons for the ranking? What happened by migrating to another server? Can anybody update us on this issue?
Thanks and CU in Gothenburg!
Stef
Stefano Bellingeri

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 am

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:Did someone contact guiness before ?
No, I have not contacted Guiness yet. It is not a requirement or a goal of the ISSA world record system to have the records published by Guiness -- but we will submit them and see what happens
Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:Do you really want to send them 28 different World Records ?
The ISSA members wanted 24 records (four course types, two sexes, three age groups) -- not 28. We will publish all of these, submit all to Guiness. I imagine that Guiness gets several hundred records for track and field.
Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:Less than 10% voted on those rules for world records. The method how the rules where setted is not correct.
You yourself participated in the process (formulating a proposal). What was incorrect? Why point this out now and not during the process? 10% is a low turnout, but a valid number.
Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:The ISSA is not able to publish the Records on a website .

Records are published here on ISSA web site: http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/ISSA/ ... ecords.pdf
Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:and are not able to respond on the application (i get no answer until yet).
Your sanctiom application was received by me on July 14th and I have sent it on to the Euro sactioning people (peter, dom, ramon). It might take a couple of weeks .....
Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:The ISSA is not able to handle the ranking (see slalomranking.com, no results from 2008 and it is mid season),
The problems with the ranking database are unfortunate, but not related at all to the world record efforts.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:46 am

I pointed it out in every post i wrote. There is no vision, no goals and no strategy.
When you do a concept you do it because you want to reach some rules. I never saw formulating goals fot this concept. We started just to put some rules together and voted on them and loosed at the same time the view for the whole system. That's a metodical failure that is not correct. The same happaned with the ISSA Rules.

No one of the BOD except you has time to do somthing. The BOD are the Managers they have to work out the goals and the strategy what is to do in the next 2-3 years.

For me a voting with 10% is not accetable and can't count as a result. A published PDF to show the World Records is just a joke, you have first to find it trough the Forum before you can watch the records.

I know that is not possible to step forward when you dan't know in which direction it should go. There is a big differenz between the race locations. When you compare Gothenburg and Grenoble with other races there is like day and night.

We discussed about technical aspects of the ISSA Website and not about what are we able to do right now. I wrote one year before i can do a static site (presentation) with all informations about the sport, it is even possible to have the ranking in a excel and publish it race after race. But no, we need a dynamic site with as many functions as possible. What is now the reality ? Nothing happened, just more and more discussions.

When i was on the board i worked on the basic organisational stuff. It was told to me, that we don't need this in the beginning. I can say to every BOD Member, that if we would have the basic organisational stuff from the beginning, we never would come in the situation we are now. I would not wait for a f*** World Record Attempt Status now more than 16 day's. For what? The City of Zurich put our Skateboard Race from activiti no. 44 to activity no. 4 at the car free day in Zurich. That there will be a World Record attempt is alreday published and this festival book will be printed 300'000 Ex. and delivered to all habitant's of the City of Zurich.

I dont' want to put someone or the BOD to the WALL, but i want that we now think real. And that we do the things we can do and not just dream about things we are not able to do.

As i wrote it before, i'm ready to do a static webpage for the ISSA, i'm ready to help out with the goals and strategy for the next 2-3 years. But the initiative have to come from the BOD.

/J-Rad

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Ranking site status

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:09 am

Stefano Bellingeri wrote:So what are the reasons for the ranking? What happened by migrating to another server? Can anybody update us on this issue?
Here's what I know:

The Ranking has so far been hosted on Daniel Poweleit's server in Germany (at no cost). He participated in the coding of the site and its database, but no longer wants to be part of it as he quit the sport. Thus we have promised to move the site to another server. And our idea was to integrate it into the SS.Com site, so that we can have both sites interact (ie show ranking results live at SS.com, while the two sites are still two separate sites as seen from the outside. It seemed like an easy job, but we couldn't gather all the right competences in a single person to do this job, so it dragged out for a long time.

Finally Timo in Sweden volunteered to work with Corky on the move and at the same time implementing new features to accommodate some of the changes that has been discussed over the last years.

So, why is it not done? Well, neither Timo, nor Corky, has been able to do this is a full time job, so they work on it on a volunteer basis, ie when they can allocate the time needed.

After the Worlds I hope Corky will be able to accelerate the work on this site. It's a pity that it remains half done, and I'm sure he's eager to have it completed.

/Jani