Photos needed for magazine article

July 30 - August 1

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Photos needed for magazine article

Post by Jonathan Harms » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:23 am

Concrete Wave magazine has once again given the ISSA at least two pages in its next issue for coverage of slalom skateboarding. I would like to include at least a couple of photos from the Worlds in the article. If anyone has good, high-resolution photos from the Worlds and would like to submit them for possible inclusion in the article, please send them to me by e-mail, or contact me by private message to make other arrangements.

The photos are needed by October 3, in order to allow enough time to include them. This is essentially free publicity for slalom in a high-quality magazine read by thousands of people. Photographers, fire away! :-)

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:31 am

JBH..... Post this on Facebook. There are way more people who will see your post.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 pm

what is this facebook thing I keep reading and hearing about?

Cat Young
Bad Kitty
Bad Kitty

Post by Cat Young » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 pm

There are pictures posted of you on Facebook, Noah!!!
Better join!

Rob Ashby

Post by Rob Ashby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 am

It comes to something when there are more photo's of slalom posted on facebook than on a slalom specific site............I am guilty as the next person for doing it - if it were easy to upload content here then I would! Until such tome I will continue to try and post up links to my race photos!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Rob Ashby wrote:It comes to something when there are more photo's of slalom posted on facebook than on a slalom specific site............I am guilty as the next person for doing it - if it were easy to upload content here then I would! Until such tome I will continue to try and post up links to my race photos!
Rob,

I can help you get access if you want to upload photos directly to the FTP site.
I have also been asked by a BOD member if we could open up the possibility of uploading photos and I answered that there is probably such a feature if only we'd update to a later version of the forum software.

/Jani

Petr Janousek

Re: Photos needed for magazine article

Post by Petr Janousek » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Jonathan Harms wrote:Concrete Wave magazine has once again given the ISSA at least two pages in its next issue for coverage of slalom skateboarding. I would like to include at least a couple of photos from the Worlds in the article. If anyone has good, high-resolution photos from the Worlds and would like to submit them for possible inclusion in the article, please send them to me by e-mail, or contact me by private message to make other arrangements.

The photos are needed by October 3, in order to allow enough time to include them. This is essentially free publicity for slalom in a high-quality magazine read by thousands of people. Photographers, fire away! :-)
You may use my photos : http://picasaweb.google.cz/sk8slalom/Wo ... directlink
I will send you full size picture if you would like some.
I could sent photos from the Czech photographers of the link http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=7521
Petr Janoušek
Czech Republic, Prague
http://www.sk8slalom.cz

Rob Ashby

Post by Rob Ashby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote: I can help you get access if you want to upload photos directly to the FTP site.
I have also been asked by a BOD member if we could open up the possibility of uploading photos and I answered that there is probably such a feature if only we'd update to a later version of the forum software.

/Jani
Thanks Jani, definitely worth looking into. It can probably be addressed under the umbrella "improving the website". Whilst I am by no means a "techy wizz" I do have a few ideas. But these are probably best discussed in an ISSA thread.

Cheers