Pre announcement for Worlds 2011 candidate

Ottawa, Canada, August 19,20,21

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Pre announcement for Worlds 2011 candidate

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:33 am

If we can put together an offer for this years World Championships we would be looking at the 3rd weekend in August. We have some meetings in January on the agenda.

Also we will run our 8th Annual Dovercourt Open July 1, 2 & possibly the 3rd.
Many Happy Pumps!

Joyce Wheldrake

Ottawa

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Along with the preannouncement that Ottawa wishes to host the worlds, I would like to invite all the racers and their families to my Camp, located a few hours away from Ottawa, for a 3 day party after. We will convoy over there directly after the awards ceremony.

At Camp Hogtown we will be BBQing, having fires, nature walks, swimming naked and using our private skateboard park. Canoes, kayaks and other water toys are available. Can accommodate up to 40 people. This is going to be a good chance to unwind after the big race.

BYOB. For food, teams of 2-4 will be making one meal for all during our time there. They will buy, cook, serve and clean up either a breakfast, lunch or dinner.

When you leave, we are closest to YYZ, Toronto Pearson International Airport. Lets have some fun after the race.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:18 pm

What do you mean by "other water toys"?

Joyce Wheldrake

Good News, Bad News

Post by Joyce Wheldrake » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:17 pm

For this after Worlds Part at Camp Hogtown there has been some complications. Firstly, we will only have 20 beds. There is lots of room to camp with your own tents. If lots of people go my partner will have to be in attendance.
The good news is the partner will drive the wakeboard boat.
The bad news is that he wants to charge $100 CDN per person for 3 days of fun. This will include wakeboarding boat gas, firewood, cleaning up and incidentals. More bad news for me is that we probably will bicker the entire time; he has never been supportive of slalom and this could be the entertainment for the party. I will not be able to relax.
Other water toys are noodles, boards and plastics, Joe you dirty man.
This could be a fun time for Euros who have never been to the Great White North and want to be hosers for a time. The fresh water lakes are beautiful, as well as the view.
I want to have fun.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Time to work on my passport. Plus my inlaws live in Canada. It would be awesome to see my Canadian Bros and Sisters. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.