World Championship candidate: Brixlegg 2006 please read

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:55 pm

My Vote goes to Brixxleg!!! Just look at the Pavel Forum and see what Pool/Bowl Don is building at the moment for his crew and friends. He managed to get carharrt paid that whole thing so that´s the best example for his organising talent. FSU
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:07 pm

My Vote goes for Antibes.

We all know what we can expact. And Pierre is one of the guy who restarted the new and old Slalom Scene with his Event in Antibes.

We know about the weather in Austria, it's like in Switzerland, it can rain every day.
We know the weather in Antibes, it's like in California.

And the important thing: No Slalom Scene in Austria !

/J-Rad

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Why don't you guys let Donald do what he's been announcing the last two or three months?
He's got the most facts together why he should get the WC. Only his experience or the amount of expected spectators (Antibes didn't have so many either!) might be the point to criticize.
It's not easy to overview these offers. Which will turn out how?

You'd better make already plans for 2007 instead of fighting against each other persisting on your plans for next year.

"Come together"...

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:58 pm

THE BIGGER PICTURE

sad as it seems most of the people here on this forum who are in charge somehow fail to see the aformentioned header-topic.

maybe it's cool to have slalom going on in it's way as it is right now.
this will certainly limit it's growth to a certain level

did ANYBODY ever consider why this location i chose is combined with a skatepark and why we are having a race in that certain park?

talk about cross-promotion.
(peter klang had a good start with his bowl-contest this year,even though he did not follow the idea consequently through-nevertheless a very good idea)

did you know that the crew at hand for most of the orga is holding such big events as the ETNIES BOWLMASTERS?

i know that most of you don't even know about the importance of that event.

but,trust me,it's way bigger and more important than anything you have seen in slalom yet.

so i guess these guys must be experienced and i bet more experienced than anybody else in the slalom-sector i have seen yet.
i am giving these props to my friends in brixlegg without hestitation and i don't feel bad for doing that.

some people are cool with their own world,but i think that it is your responsibility to choose the right thing(yes-i am doing the right thing) in order to bring the sport to a new level and to new attention.

didn't any of you ever wonder(jani,corky just to name a few)why people(poolskaters,street-skaters) see slalom as a "GAY" sport?

it's time to change that image and the time is now.

i am offering my conncetions and my will to make a good thing happen,that's all i can do.

don't try to ridicule me.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Donald Campbell wrote:didn't any of you ever wonder(jani,corky just to name a few)why people(poolskaters,street-skaters) see slalom as a "GAY" sport?
Do you know what Gina Lollobridgida thinks about mud wresling ?

i wouldn't care too much about streeters' opinions in general, but you quote some specific particular idiots. Whatever, homophobic teenagers with plastic knees and fucked up ankles are not to be considered particularly wise advisers.

AND i certainly would not change my behavior after being treated a gay, one has to be stupid! (whatever his sexual orientation.)
Does one have to become as dum as a paratrooper daddy trained parkskater to come to your event ?

Are you so diplomat with your famous sponsors Donald ?

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:46 pm

I think Brixxlegg would be a good WC because it's scheduled for the middle of summer, many juniors in the US and Canada can't make the second week of september because that's the start of school.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:10 pm

etienne

heck yeah i am so diplomate with my sponsors.

that's why they love me,i tell people what i think.
people work with me because they know upfront what i think and what they can expect.

and to be very very honest to you:we all have the same way of talking,which i think is cool for me.
i know that you think differently and that my way of talking here on this forum offends you sometimes,but:"welcome to the outside world of skateboarding"

you would wonder but these guys are or have been skaters that have a street/pool background.
unlike you and a few other people these guys also see the bigger picture and they asked me what i would do to make slalom more interesting for them.
so i came up with the skatepark race and the nlongest gs course in europe.

it'snot only about being polite and asking for a bit
it's about "go for it"

yes,you could care less what other skaters think about you-absolutely right.

but in the end you will find out that your way of thinking didn't advance you any further up the road.
neither will you advance the sport with that kind of high-nosed attitude.

your description of any street-skater is an absolute insult-try to be a bit more open-minded.
i am working and talking with the top-pros of germany on a daily base-that's my businness.
i know 80 % of em man would i love to hear you say that to some of those "kids" .

but that's not the point of discussion,i was honest and said something you don't like to hear.

besides that i did not see you enter any contest this year,so what do you want to tell me?
i am sorry,but i don't/can't value your oppinion.

let's get back to brixlegg,please.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:34 pm

you're just trying very hard to get people to vote against you. MAYBE it's a good idea to make big events mixing pure slalom with teenager targeted sports, but if they despise what we do, and if they are stupid enough to call "gay" what they think is not headslamming enough for their taste, maybe it's not the right time and the right place.
If they like to ride they'll come to us in the end, if their phisical condition allows it.

i've competed this season. i did good. i already jumped about 400 ranks up in the ranking during the summer and will get some more points for the Pirate slalom Race 10 days ago. i'm getting faster every day, it's good to be on the way up! 8P
Last edited by Etienne de Bary on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

No more time to fight- we have to take a decision quickly!

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:35 pm

Some people seems to be still a bit confused by the way Donald say and announce things.
I know Donald a litlle now. What I can say is that he doesn't have time to waste and just want to do things fast and well.
Don't misunderstand him: he's not saying that he is the best but that he will do everything he can to do the best event possible.
It seems that it make nervous some people, but know that he works like a mad man, for slalom, skateboard and different other things.

I'm a bit surprised that Antibes is coming back for candidate now. But it's true Pierre ever talk about that long time ago.
I know well Pierre too and we can expect a nice event near the beach.
Antibes is a classic now and I'll come back there for sure.

Don't you think that we need some new exciting things for next year??

New blood - new energies.
Perhaps some slalomskateboarders aren't interesting by the park slalom because it's not a a discipline they're used too.. - I'm not but I really want to try (got to train for sure!!):
it's an incredible mix of all components of skateboarding and what a show!! Brixxleg is a world famous skatepark!!!
Anyway the others slalom disciplines will be present and we can expect the best about that too: long long giant and enough possibilities to have great special and tight.

Paris will be a big big event next year if everything is OK. Riderz will finally be for it again: me, Jani and a great team will work for that with the city. Big animations and big show, big crowd -more than ever-, but we don't think we can compete with Brixxleg.

In fact perhaps Brixxleg don't even need the Worlds, it will be a blast anyway! But the Worlds should be the most exciting race of the year... and all my expectations are in Austria now!

About Antibes, I lreally ike the crew and the place, so I'm a bit sad if they really want the Worlds. I'd like to be with them, but perhaps this is not the good year
and if I have to say something about the proposition: "la Salice" is definitely not a world class spot, flat..ok why not.. but also way too short! I'm sure you can find something better.

PS Etienne: what the use for polemic like that? You're searching to play a little game that won't help anything. And for your concern I was near to think the same that all the people you're calling "idiots" before trying -by accident- slalom (for the meaning, I won't stop on the term used)...
the worse is that you're just acting like the one you called stupid!
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Re: No more time to fight- we have to take a decision quickl

Post by Etienne de Bary » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Vincent Berruchon wrote:Paris will be a big big event next year if everything is OK. Riderz will finally be for it again: me, Jani and a great team will work for that with the city. Big animations and big show, big crowd -more than ever-, but we don't think we can compete with Brixxleg.
Paris is not competing because it's too early in the season.

i do not make a controversy about mixed park/slalom racing, i like it fine as you know since we went to la Roche together. And i guess i would like it even better if i had a bit of practice...
i'm telling Don he's not doing himself any good treating us "gay" and posing the hardore macho over us.

Don's event may very well be the best possible thing for slalom, BUT if his friends think it's a "gay" sport. Maybe they think it's negro, girly and jew too ? Well i'd say we do not necessarly need to beg for their approbation, if so.

Well, this being clearly said,
Apart from that it actually sounds great for sure...

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:32 pm

Ok, last one for me about that... Etienne, It's not Don or his friends, it's the common street skaters that will say that it's "gay" or "girls" or "asshole" or "old fat redneck" sport - usually the only reason is that they don't know nothing about slalom, have never seen slalom and of course have never tried.
Park slalom in the most beautiful park in Europe can be something they'll see, and at the same time they'll discover Giant slalom and if they try one of these, one day or another they will see that even tight is a real sport!
Don't you want to open the mind of these lost souls?
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:41 am

And WHAT are we gonna do now? Making tracks?

rmn

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:41 am

Often you hear people say slalom is kind of "gay". Even slalomers themselves. Myself included. You sometimes wonder what that comes from. Do you ever hear someone say that alpine slalom is gay? Snowboard slalom is gay? Waterski slalom is gay? Rolleskate slalom...hmm forget about that, tennis is gay? Badminton is gay? Bowling is gay? Golf is gay? Dart is gay? Pool/billiard is gay?

How come the alpine slalomers look cool in their outfits and if you would have dressed a skater up the same way it would look horrible. For a while I thought maybe it's the tight stuff that is gay (hmm). But seeing Luca rip doesn't look gay. Actually seeing most of the good skater rip look great. I think the big problem is that if you don't do slalom good enough it may look gay. The same goes for other sports too but they don't show it off like we do. They only show the good stuff. Slalom events have been much of a social kind of a thing where everybody are welcome. Having high status competitions with whatever skater entering does not always give the cool image of the sport we seems to be wanting. A world championship should not be open to anyone. And even so in media/tv/mags they should only show the top 16 pros in the event and concentrate on the top 4. Thats when things might change. Have qualification and the booring stuff apart from the finals. Not at the same time. You can only have an audience on alert for so long. So let's give them a specified time frame. And let's give them the best that we as a slalom sport can offer during that time.

45 min quarter/semifinals to take out the top 4 in discipline 1,
10 min break with a show/spectable,
45 min quarter/semifinals to take out top 4 in discipline 2,
10 min break with show,
15 min finals discipline 1,
10 min break,
15 min finals discipline 2,
10 min break
10 min prize cermoni top 3

Already that is 3 hours. But with small breaks where people could go and have a drink and relax could make it work. And yes, another thing. If it's going to be really nice we have to build stands alongside the course where people can sit down. Filled up with people it would give the ultimate slalom arena. That would give the true serious image for us, sponsors, tv and magazines we all want. But that is only a dream for now...

Have you ever tried to get hold of a slalom image that look like we have a serious thing going on. Something that a big sponsor could get hooked on. I have tried and I have not found what I'm looking for yet.

P.S. Just remembered the one Farid took in Paris 2003 that got a spread in Concrete Wave. That was not so bad. But photos like that can be counted on my five fingers.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

great event but not efficient communication

Post by Etienne de Bary » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:25 am

Slalom will not get Xtreme sports TV channels coverage, because there is no high jump even if it's in the same event, no more than a few seconds and not necessarly in a tune we will like. We can only get effective coverage in regular sports channels -whatever we think about it (beurp).
Somewhere between ski slalom, alpine snowboarding, speed skiing, bobsleigh... it makes sense to open a window to DH speed racing, streetluge and slalom racing, and journalists who do that can show and explain what we do in a way that makes sense and that is attractive.

Same for printed press.
General public is more open to what we do than skate jumpers and other kinds of extreme jumpers and public. Whatever we like it or not, Xtreme sports press is very narrow minded: motorbike high jump (and crashing), Quad high jump (and crashing), BMX high jump (and crashing), ... Do they show motorbike regular racing, Quad regular racing or bicycle regular racing ? of course they don't. Same for skate.
If you manage to jump in the air with a school bus, a Fenwick or an agriculture machine they will give you coverage, if you don't jump you don't get coverage.

Vince if you think you will have fun in Brixlegg, go for it and have fun. Just great. in the most beautiful park and all, OK, OK! OK, have fun there, great ! show me the movies !

But Don's idea to get skate press coverage in a park/slalom fusion communication strategy is pure illusion: Xtreme sports/street skating journalists will just pick what fits their target and that's it.
i'm not doing controversy, Don is actually shouting like everybody's stupid but him, and he only will save slalom in a christic effort. But he is just fooling himself.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:15 am

Donald Campbell wrote:THE BIGGER PICTURE

didn't any of you ever wonder(jani,corky just to name a few)why people(poolskaters,street-skaters) see slalom as a "GAY" sport?
Donald,

Thank's for personally inviting me to this topic (not being sure why I personally deserved the honour and thank's for bringing Corky along. He is a good friend of mine!).

I think I have quite a good idea of the BIGGER PICTURE. In the 80's I fought hard to get vert skating into the European Federation. I fought hard to get rid of the ice skating, mandatory routines in Flatland Freestyle skateboarding. I helped overtaking the responsibility of the European Skateboard Federation, causing the old one (too conservative) to disappear. I was the President for the NEW European Skateboard Federation (called AES, Association of European Skateboarders) for FIVE years, promoting ALL disciplines of skateboarding. During this time vert skating was given top priority. I helped coordinate and organize a fair number of events, including freestyle, vert and streetstyle events. Together with Corky we set a new level for European Championships of ALL skateboard disciplines in the 80's. Corky and I and Martin & Philip Willners (both of them Swedish skate legends) organized the Swedish Summer Camps to promote primarily vert skating. During this time modern street skating was born, evolved and eventually took off.

After a fair number of years spent looking after ALL aspects of skateboarding I noticed that I spent all my energy for the others and all I got as a slalom skateboarder was two runs of each 10-15 seconds of fun per event. Sometimes in a backyard, far away from the sound system or the audience. That's when I realized it was time to do something for us!

I don't mind the other skate disciplines, but with limited time available I prefer to spend that on efforts that will improve the fun and quality of slalom related events (including of course park slalom, which I love).

Being the age I am I accept that I have nothing in common with the everyday street skater and I don't think we should worry about getting them interested in our sport. They're doing their thing, just let them do it. We don't have to target any other group either. We should just keep doing what we do and if what we do is cool, then others will join. If not, let's just make sure we have fun while we do what we do!

/Jani

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Re: great event but not efficient communication

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:48 am

Etienne de Bary wrote:Slalom will not get Xtreme sports TV channels coverage, because there is no high jump even if it's in the same event, no more than a few seconds and not necessarly in a tune we will like. We can only get effective coverage in regular sports channels -whatever we think about it (beurp).
Somewhere between ski slalom, alpine snowboarding, speed skiing, bobsleigh... it makes sense to open a window to DH speed racing, streetluge and slalom racing, and journalists who do that can show and explain what we do in a way that makes sense and that is attractive.
Perhaps we need to combine Slalom with DH Speedboarding and Streetboardercross?
Everybody of you has seen the MadCow annoucement-topic and many of you said something like:
Vincent Berruchon wrote:Hummm I'd like to test this kind of race!!!
Jani Soderhall wrote:I wish we could put together a race like this in Paris. That would be awesome. Anyone interested in working on it?
topic

And I already suggested Donald to involve DH in his event not only because of the location...

whatever...

rmn

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: great event but not efficient communication

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:55 am

Jani Soderhall wrote:I wish we could put together a race like this in Paris. That would be awesome. Anyone interested in working on it?
We have started an initiative. If it will become reality is much too early to tell.

/Jani

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:06 pm

Donald Campbell wrote:didn't any of you ever wonder (jani,corky just to name a few) why people (poolskaters, street-skaters) see slalom as a "GAY" sport?
This is called "make the salad responsable for the sheep", a communication trick that has been widely explored be people like Adorno and Arent:
"why do everybody hate jews since ever ? There must be a reason." is the typical exemple, as you can guess.
it's actually just a way of lying and manipulating.

What should we do if some ass call us gay? We should laugh at them, bash them and watch them.
if we go to them open and friendly, in a power balance that is in their advantage, we will soon have painful rears.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:11 pm

stop it

rmn

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:50 pm

yes

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:27 pm

Donald talks loud and fast, apparently to upset people. And Yes, it works!

/Jani

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:45 pm

Maybe ISSA could try to make partnerships with media that cover alpine snowboarding ?
(sorry for the off topic)

Arendt go with a "d" in it.
is there a poll going on at all ? Who's supposed to vote (i do not want to). Maybe there should be a more formal process ? (just asking...)

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:33 pm

The topic is about: Brixlegg is candidate for the World Championships.
Only one other organizer Pierre Samray (Antibes, France) is candidate too.

How will the decision be taken?
By who and when?
There's no time to waste.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:00 pm

The decision should be taken like last year:

The point's are in the post above.
The organicer of the European races should make the decision, because they are working for this whole thing.

My Proposal:

We make a table with the points above. Every point of this get a number of importance from 1-10. Than every point will be rated by each organiser. At the end we have the result.
The Swiss Goverment works like this when they have to decide some things.

Ther is the time rule from the World Ranking which have to be observed.

We all know who is candidate for which Status. If we decide the Major, we should decide the Main's and Prime's as well.

The candidates:

Major:
Brixlegg
Antibes

Main:
Paris
Grueningen/Hinwil
Hannover
Riga (European Championchips)
others

Prime:
Stockholm
other's

/J-Rad
Last edited by Jadranko Radovanovic on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:06 pm

Vincent Berruchon wrote:How will the decision be taken?
By who and when?
I would suggest we vote using the ISSA membership (proposed in this thread). I intended to add an ISSA voting system to this forum, but haven't had the time to do so. We could still use the member list and their voting power (up to five votes per person). I haven't published the full list yet, but could do so quickly if this is considered a good idea. A rough estimate would be that there are about 80 votes distributed among 50 people. That's not a bad distribution. I think there is are more Americans on the list than Europeans.

In all fairness we should also let more members join and then open the voting for a limited time. Members could receive an email to make sure they don't miss out on the opportunity to vote.

Public or private voting? We can't make it completely anonymous as we don't have a system to handle it and we need to be able to "prove" it, should there be a debate. Maybe we could have a trusted source like Wesley to receive votes and produce a summary. Also he's unlikely to favour either side and he's not likely to come to the event, so no personal interest in the outcome.

Worth a try?

I assume Pierre and Donald gets the final word on this one. If one is for and one against, we could overrule that and consider that a Yes. I'm not sure we can find a more democratic solution, or?

/Jani

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:08 pm

Sorry J-Rad, didn't see your post which was posted while I was writing.

Now there are two solutions to the voting problem.

/Jani

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:25 pm

I have the excel table from the goverment at home. I can post it here, that everyone can see it.

I don't know how fair it is, if all member's can vote, or did i understand some things wrong ?

I think the organiser love the sport, and invest a lot of time for the slalom scene.
Deep in the hart, they want the best for the sport. The problem that we have now is, that there are some way's to promote and everyone think that his way/ his deal is the best. We have now to decide which way we want to take. That doesn't mean that any organiser shouldn't do his oven way, but what we need is the decision which way the comunity will take for the next year.

The organisers knows which point's are important. If we do it with the table, we have to declare the point's first. In the end we have all view's of the Sport in one table. And the point's has the number of their importance. After this you rate every race and we have the average of all views.

If all can vote, than it's about how many people can you motivate to vote for you !

Take the Swiss demokratie...

/J-Rad

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:58 pm

Swiss democracy? Oukay...

Who are the seven councils of slalomskateboarding?

rmn

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:08 pm

Jadranko wrote:I don't know how fair it is, if all member's can vote, or did i understand some things wrong ?

If all can vote, than it's about how many people can you motivate to vote for you !
Sounds like politics. Isn't that what you do there?

Anyway my proposal was not to let everybody vote, that would create complete chaos and everybody would register their mom or grandpa. This method is slightly different because those who want to make their voice heard will have to be a paying member. That will surely limit the numbers. It'll also bring in some money to be used for some good causes (to be determined by the members, bib numbers for example!).

As there's already some 80 votes available it'll be quite hard for somebody to buy enough votes to change the general opinion of the members. It's probably better then to use your words to convince people with good arguments.

I'm not against your method J-Rad, it just happened that we both posted at the same time.

If we don't use the method now, it can still be used for other purposes, unless you tell me the idea is useless.

/Jani

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:27 am

Listen to Jani, he is the only one in skateboard I know of whom been working for all disciplines. Like he wrote, his been there in every form and shape since 1980. I will surely be listening to what he has to say, Jani has the BIG PICTURE.

PK

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:28 am

Of course it's politics.

But a fair way of politics ! The people who are involved now and not those before 20 year's decide.
I saw the list and i can't understand why the people on the list (most from US) has to decide about the World's which will be held in Europe.

If we look to the votes:

50 Votes Total (not count the site cost payer from this year)

Votes per country:
USA: 24
Germany: 10
UK: 5
Sweden: 5
Russia: 2
Italy: 1
France: 2
Latvia: 1

21 US-Votes werent in Europe since the scene restarted in 2000.
The country who has every time the most representatives at all European races has no Votes.

If you want i can told you the result now without Voting.

The bad thing is that the money is taking place one more time.

But if this is the way, than do it...
We will see the result's...

/J-Rad

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:29 pm

You know what I think: (personally)

I heard about the World Championships in Vancouver in 1986 and went
I heard about the Grüningen race in 2002 an went
I heard about the World Championships in Morro Bay in 2002 and went
I heard about the European Championships in Stockholm in 2005 and went
I hear about the World Championships in Brixlegg in 2006 an will go!

I don´t care how many spectators there will be or how much money is at stake. I see the effort the organisers make and I like the idea and the location and the date and I will be there. If Don or J.rad or Pierre or Axel or Detlef call and I find the time, money and enthusiasm in me I will go.
Don makes it this year, J-rad next, Piere in 2008, Detlef in 2009, we are covered, see. Fight less, skate more.

I don´t care about that, I am a skateboarder. Period.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:37 pm

J-Rad, your method is good because it allows us to compare each of the actual quality parameters which constitutes a race. I strongly prefer your method for the decision of which competition gets which status next year.
Jadranko wrote:not counting the site cost payer from this year
If you do count them (which of course we should) Switzerland gets 4 votes, Germany 1 more and US 7 more. There is also a list, although not very long, of others who have paid their contribution to the ISSA. I have not yet published the full list. Actually I thought it was more interesting to discuss the principle rather than the actual (current) list. Especially given that we should allow new members to join before the final vote. With this method we have a group who care enough about the future direction of this sport. The larger it gets the more accurate such voting would be. The list would quickly grow as soon as we request monthly site cost sponsors for 2006, which is near anyway.

Jadranko wrote:i can't understand why the people on the list (most from US) has to decide
Why should the Americans not be allowed to vote? They have a strong interest in this event as well.

Let's not forget both events will be awesome! And which ever way the decision is made, most racers will show up at both! I fully agree with Chris reasoning that it is the promotion of ethusiasm which is it the most important factor whether or not to go to a race. Sometimes one can be much more enthusiastic about going to a smaller event than the World or European Championships.

For the World Championships, I might still prefer the voting idea I posted. This is of general international interest. It's not a European only matter. For this part of the decision, maybe we could do J-Rads fact processing first and publish the outcome, then leave it up to members to vote.

If you want a third voting model, give votes to the top ranked skaters. Maybe it's the most reasonable way?

Can we have a few more post their opinions? And let's hear it from Donald and Pierre. Their opinions should be given priority.

/Jani

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:21 pm

Why should the Americans not be allowed to vote? They have a strong interest in this event as well.
Damn right, Jani. They do! Because it is at the major contest where they can make points for the world title 2006.

Europe was very lucky this year to see the top american riders on our continent two times this year. Nobody knows if this will be possible next year. I wish this will come true. But for simple budgetary reasons american riders might have to select only one participation in an european contest.

Every european organizer of a World Championship should be interested in a strong participation of the american riders. Their participation is a garantee for a "real" World Championship. The generell level of riding will rise and make the show more attractive. Next year american riders will be our guests again from the other side of the atlantic. So they definitely should have to say a word about where the Worlds should happen.
http://www.pavel-skates.com/
raceboards with a soul!

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:27 pm

Especially given that we should allow new members to join before the final vote.
Where can I buy the right to vote?
How many votes can I buy?

Just laughin´.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:43 pm

Sorry guy's me again.

Why they shouldn't vote:

Because the most of them didn't know much about Europe !

If i have only one chance to go to US to race, what would i Vote ?

I would Vote for the Contest which has the best chance that it doesn't rain and doesn't be canceled because of the weather.

Did any of us want to Vote which Status an American Contest should have ? I don't want to do it, because i don't know much about US.
I participate in Morro, I participate in West Virginia, I skated in Chicago and I participate in Athens. I saw there bigger and smaler competitions and i don't understand either why i should Vote for the Statuses there, only because i have payed my 25 $ to ISSA ?

The most people in the Slalom comunity aren't poor ! Make sponsorchips for those who can't buy a plane ticket. We did it last year in Grueningen. The two best rider's from the Russian competition won the ticket's to Grueningen ! And we will do it next year as well !

btw: we had every year participants from US, and it was never a World Championchips in Grueningen.

think about...
my last post in this Topic

/J-Rad

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:Sorry guy's me again.

Why they shouldn't vote:

Because the most of them didn't know much about Europe !
..blalbla..
oh.. interesting
so they (US people) are from another World than the one we have in Europe
Is Swiss really in our World too?

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:41 pm

j-rad are you from another planet?

excluding the others racers from across the ocean sounds like a total laugh to me.

this would be the most arrogant thing to ever do,absolutely unacceptable and also unthinkable.

here's a scenario for all to consider:
since the usa have their own slalom association now,which seems to have a rich monetary background and some powerful personalities aboard,the next thing that could and would happen after such an action,would be that they declare their own world-championships without asking or caring for the rest of the world.
a perfect way to split the slalom scene in two halves,just when it seems to grow more and more together,which delivered some of the best events this year ever to be witnessed.people who were either at paris or stockholm were the lucky ones-everybody else missed out on some of the best skating ever.

so the american side has to be a partner in the decision:

who wants to creat the list of names needed for that decision?
are we gonna debate on who should be named and asked?

and who is able to contact each of those riders immediately and get a result/vote from our friends within a week f.e.?

lots of tasks and no time to waste

carry on

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:25 pm

Vinz and Don,
you missunderstand the things.

Jani asked:
Why should the Americans not be allowed to vote?
I answered because they don't know much about Europe. Example: the klima in the region's
If you don't know much, than it's hard to do a Vote.

The same for us ! We needn't to decide where the World's should be in the USA. The organizers can make the decision when they talk with each other.

that is my idea. A diffrent way than Jani's.
"organizers decide in their region"

Steve Hinzen wrote
Europe was very lucky this year to see the top american riders on our continent two times this year. Nobody knows if this will be possible next year. I wish this will come true. But for simple budgetary reasons american riders might have to select only one participation in an european contest.
my answer was, The most slalom people aren't poor. And it's possible to come more than one time over, the same for us.

I don't understand why you write such things "are they from another World" "excluding the others racers from across the ocean" and so on.

I know the most of the people there and they know me. I was two times there the past year. And i would never exclude anyone of them. What i wanted to say, that it's easier for each side of the Atlantic to decide about the World's in their region. nothing else.

/J-Rad

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:30 pm

so you're saying that there is 3 people misunderstanding you,j-rad?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

flim-flam

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:33 pm

huh....this is a real source for psycological/philosophical thoughts! :-D

Importance or no importance? Influence or no influence? Scene or no scene? One or two Worlds?
Tea or Coffee?

What about the top 32 Pro Riders, why don't they get a vote each?
how about pure democracy?

[For me it's Brixlegg, plain as day]

rmn
Last edited by Ramón Königshausen on Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:38 pm

good thought ramon

way to go

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:38 pm

No, only two.

Vinz reaction was on the first sentence

They don't know much about Europe !

Your reaciton was on Vinz's word's.

Just it is...

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:39 pm

huh?

are you on drugs?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

I'd like to be in an octopus's garden in the shade

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:45 pm

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds....

rmn

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:46 pm

It was just a idea. I said only which way i would take.

Jani will make the methode which will be take. Which method he ever takes, i'm behind it.

It was the time to say what i think and i did it. Now it's time to chose the method and make a Voting for the World's.

btw: not today...

/J-Rad

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:51 pm

No, not today! It's already been a bad day.

(Police caught us on the Grimselpass...hehe)

rmn

Hans Koraeus

Post by Hans Koraeus » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:41 am

So there are two proposals for the World Championships...
- Antibes
- Brixlegg

I have tried to fill the points with info from what has been said. Feel free to correct or add anything you like, Donald and Pierre.

1. Prize money / sponsors

Brixlegg: 10.000euros carhartt vans eastpak-the big sponsors

Antibes: difficult for me to say how many price money we will have. "I'm working with xtreme sport since 20 years now and know how dangerous it is to announce SO early 10000 euros price money.... I think I won't be able to propose so much money.
we have already started to prospect and Europe 2, Banque national de Paris, Pirhana drink, Desillusion Mag, Newrider, Nowave, Sector 9, Aluflex, Silverspace, Coneracing, SC8, Scult, Smallaxe, Desaxe, Dantonku, Sybergiecad, Texas Instrument, Fédération Francaise de Roller Skating, Nice Matin, Conseil general des Alpes Maritime...and other should be partners of the event.

2. Organisation (experience, race responsible, No of persons in organization)

Brixlegg: me and chris hart are gonna show you how we think a big race should be held.chris' experience in organizing races speaks for itself in this case.
brixlegg itself is gonna promote the event through their media presentation for next year as a highlight during the summer season. These guys are pulling some strings and putting very much effort into the project. I have a staff of approx.15 adults/skaters-by the way and 20 kids fromthe park for organisation. Gesmer is time guru.

Antibes: A solid crew. 5 responsable people to organise. More than 30 the d day on the race. We are used each years to see new important race project in Italia, Germany or Sweden.
The result isn't always so good the organisers expect.
About Antibes there will be no bad surprise.

3. Location (flights/travel, sourroundings, big city, countryside, wood, park, inside)

Brixlegg: munich and innsbruck airports are close by,brixlegg is located in tyrol,austrian alps,valley,outside event

Antibes: Nice Airport, Small city by the sea, beaches

4. Accommodation (cheap, helping out with reservations)

Brixlegg: accomodation goes from 20 -50 euros per night depending on what you want.20 starts with a real breakfast and private accomondation-which i can highly recommend.i did NOt find anything else comparable to this offer yet.accomodation will be reserved over the event page and in close contact to the local skatepark crew and the tourist office-everybody gets a room close by the tracks.

Antibes: 100 places (about 20 euros by night with breakfast) front the sea in a Youth Hostel which we will totally reserve for the event and the racers.(200 hundreds meter from the race)

5. Communication/media (TV, papers, magazines, web sites)

Brixlegg: dsf and a european channel will report from this race,posters and flyers will forecast the event.circulation through austrian and german skate-mags,shipping to certain overseas (us) regions too.
german skate mag
international skate mag
european lifestyle mag
will be featured on :
www.brixlegg-championships.com
www.carhartt.com
www.boardstein.com

Antibes: 2 national channel + 1 sport cable channel
Several radios and papers to cover the event
Several specialist magazine to cover the event
AN OFFICIAL INTERNET SITE (ready soon)

6. Racers (last year level, coming from far away/long distance, other regions)

Brixlegg:

Antibes: Who already come in Antibes? : Luca, Kenny, Jason Mitchell, Dong, Straubel, Hart , Konighausen, Price, Soderhall.... all this guy are or was in the 10 first world ranking
You can ask to all of them what they think about Antibes. The best racer of each country will be invited by the organisation (lodge, entry fee...)

7. History (What edition?, First one?, General skate history)

Brixlegg: 2nd edition. first one was very successful-ask the people who were there to witness the huge potential of brixlegg.maybe it's also unnecessary to do that-these folks already posted what they experienced.
general skate history-you gotta be kidding me...

Antibes: 4 years experience

8. Large audience (chance to get a big crowd?)

Brixlegg: combined with a big skatepark race there will be a large crowd.
Antibes:

9. Race quality (Surface, hill/flat, width, length, startramps, food/beverage, shops, Disciplines#, days#)

Brixlegg: longest gs course in europe-leading into a valley-see previous videos,already posted
frshly paved innercity course for special and tight.
perfect ground start ramps?
you all know what i want and how much i critizise-so...you will see
free food and drinks by carhartt.
3 days skatepark race super g special tight
the overall champion will be awarded the money after all events are over.

Antibes: 3 days of races. One on the flat Salice parking and 2 on the Garoupe hill
SPECIAL, TIGHT, GIANT.

10. Added animation/happenings (Other events than slalom, demos, shows, parties)

Brixlegg: skatepark race-once again
afterparty

Antibes: NATION's SLALOM and a CROSS COUNTRY round the Cap d'Antibes.
Animation with child slalom, freestyle demo...
Barbecue on the beach with live music on Friday evening
Disco party in a private place on Saturday night

11. Dates (Worlds at what point during the season)

Brixlegg: july 21st-23rd

Antibes: middle of September as usual. Good period to have the World Championship

12. Other advantages

Brixlegg: immediate broadcast of results through the internet-first day race results and pics.
most of you were unable to that yet.but this is so important.
the park race will definitely attract a lot of new kids/guys for the event-that's for sure.
i already have 20 kids signed up for the park race-20 FRESH young kids hahahaha
my promotion is based on and with serious skate-magazines/companies.
different from anybody else.

My American friends are 100% behind what i want to do.
i am following the ideas and visions of mccree and hackett when i'm doing this event-that counts for me as the biggest plus.
like it or not-that's the way it's going to happen,which will bring slalom definitely to the next level.
the contest will be invitational-since we are talking about the worlds here.
i will reserve the right to have 20 wildcards for amateurs and 10 for pros.
the courses will be set according to world-championship standards.
the schedule will be different from any other race i attended yet.no more wating here.

Antibes: Wheather! The only thing we can't control, but Antibes have better chance than (Paris, Stockholm, Grueningen, Brixlegg or other) just have a look to the past.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:34 pm

add ons from donald:

a list of names that popped up on the net during the last few months with positive comments and "go for it" comments regarding brixlegg.please feel free to search only this forum for the names and comments on the brixlegg world championships 2006
christoph baumann(he doesn't post anywhere,but he wants to see brixlegg happening)
steve hinzen
paul price
samgordon
heiko schöller
sven lippert
peter darius
jeff goad
yoyo shultz
ramon königshausen
vincent berruchon
chris eggers
chris barrett
martin siegrist
chris hart
daniel gesmer
gary fluitt
the carrascos
paul price
sam gordon
jack smith
david rudnianski
huynh bach sac frederic
martin drayton
i also know that the german and english skaters are almost 100% for the proposed location.without taking this too far i am not adding the names of the american side being involved in this race and the planning of what will happen there.
there's also a strong flow coming from the swiss(airflow) side.
i might have forgotten a few names,but hey... i did my homework.

#1 on the sponsor list a few very popular names in slalom-skateboarding are not mentioned yet,which i do on purpose-they will show up soon enough once the preliminary steps are taken.i can say so much that pavel,airflow and kaliber are in the boat -which doesn't spell big money but lots of help and support from the european side.
i am actually trying to follow through on the idea and keep this event totally skate-company sponsored.
again the 10.000 euros prize money are confirmed and the biggest purse ever to be paid out on any slalom event.this should not be forgotten and will be a big magnet for our friends from the usa to come over-besides the skatepark!
the crew at hand is also the organizing crew of all etnies european open challenges and other big skate events-absoluteyl responsible and very experienced skaters!!!!
the austrian tourist agencey will promote this event through their media sources from beginning of next year as a touristic highlight for the summer of 2006.
i month prior to the race local tv-stations and radio stations promote the event.
also flyers and posters circulated throughout austria,germany,and parts of the usa/canada.
racers that already ok'ed their arrival see above list without adding that many more will come to this event,due to the skatepark,which is world-famous and also host of the race.
refer to the promotional output before the race done by me and the tyrol tourist oragnisation,check the crowd then.

the gs course has very good ground-better than in antibes -no cracks or splits on the surface,smooth asphalt.
special and tight courses will be held on freshly paved ground in the city-thanks again to the mayor of brixlegg.
we do have a shuttle bus at hand for the gs,since it might take too long to walk up to the start again.shuttle service is free for all riders.
start ramps will be brand new and not anything of low quality.
freestyle demo by some of the worlds best riders
20 young guns entering the park race-already confirmed.
highest corner air contest
highest cradle carve contest
carhartt is sponsoring free food and drinks-and i have to mention that the food will be quality food-good stuff.i have to explicitely mention that,since they were so generous to offer this to me and i also had the chance to see how good the stuff is they offer during eventy such as ispo f.e.
one of the carhartt guys is dj and he wants to host an afterparty in the park which is cool for hanging around having good skatesessions under the floodlight.
we had that once and it took all night for most of the people being there.
the award ceremony will also be held in the park and will be different from any other award ceremony you have ever seen.
brixlegg does have very good and stable weather periods during july.hot and dry mostly throughout this month during the last 10 years.

these are my add-ons.

anybody else who felt hurt in his feelings in any way,excuse me,people who know me,also know that i go for it and almost nothing can stop me when i'm behind something because i'm more than 100%.

just trying to push the right buttons in order to set new standards.

thanks for listening to me...

and by the way:it's better to speak out than to shut up.

FSU
DON

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:09 pm

Donald Campbell wrote: special and tight courses will be held on freshly paved ground in the city
Hm...98A Avalons required! :-)

rmn