RESULTS AT THE WORLDS

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Keith Hollien

2007 Slalom World Championships

Post by Keith Hollien » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:39 pm

I want to thank the core members of the DownHillBillies - Marion Karr, Evan St. Clair, Darren Holt, Shannon St. Clair, Brent Griffith, Jay Mishoe, Eric Ciampanella, Mark Nix and Rookie for all they did for this year’s World Championships. I want to thank Carl “Mr. Surly” Creider for being our starter(great job Carl). Kenny Mollica was fun as always as MC and John Dillon also did some announcing when Kenny took a break. It was good to see Kenny walk and Kenny take care of that foot. Thank you to everybody who helped with this year’s race. I want to thank everybody who made Michelle and I feel at home in Statesville.

I have to say it was nice to see a batch of Europeans in NC. I want to thank Paul, Sam, Ella, Michael, Janus, Ramon, Peter, Hans, Henrik, Mikael and Dominik for making the trip over here. I have to say it was great to see my old friend Jani Soderhall and it was good to be able to spend some time with him. Jani and I have been friends since the late 80’s and I want to thank Jani for all he has done for Slalom Skateboarding in the last 20 plus years.

I want to congratulate Radikal Trucks team racers Martin Reeves, Joe & Kyle McLaren on their Amateur World Championships. Martin won the GS, TS and Overall Amateur World Championships. Joe won the HS World Championship and was 3rd Overall. Kyle was ripping all weekend and was the 2007 Jr. Men’s World Champ. I have to say I have been impressed by the way these 3 young men handle themselves on and off a race course. I am glad they are representing Radikal Trucks. I have to give a shout out to another Team Radikal racer, Josh Byrd. Josh jumps off a plane right to the Hybrid Slalom World Championships and ripped both days. I know Josh was more than surprised to find out he was racing in the Jr. Men’s division. Josh is another fine representative for Radikal Trucks. Thank you Martin, Joe, Kyle and Josh.

I also want to thank Radikal Pro Team Racer Adam Schwippert for the way he has raced and handled himself all season long. Adam is great young man and a great representative for Slalom Skateboarding. Thanks Adam.

I also want to say it was great to have my long time friend and teammate Bobby Mandarino racing again. This was Bobby’s first race since 2006 Dixie Cup. We will do it again in a few weeks at the 3rd Annual Dixie Cup. Bobby, I look forward to racing with you again in a few weeks. Attila Aszodi was also racing again after a 2 year lay off. Thanks for coming out to race Attila and I hope to see you at LaCosta next week.

As always it was good to see so many friends and meeting new ones. Farid, great pictures as always. I want to thank everybody who purchased Radikal Trucks and accessories and wheels from me in Statesville. I will see everybody in Statesville in 3 weeks and I will have plenty of stuff for sale again.

Keith, Teams Radikal & Oust.