Archive of older ISSA topics

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Jonathan Harms

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

2008 Board Of Directors Election Results

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Well,

The voting went rather smooth. There was one issue in the 5-vote forum that lead to some overvoting, but a quick e-mail fixed the problem. So, the results are as follow. The four new members of the 2008 Board Of Directors are:

Gary Fluitt (USA)
Peter Klang (SWE)
Paul Price (UK)
Wesley Tucker (USA)

The Board Of Directors has made a bit of shift from two European ISSA members and five North American members to four from Europe and three from North America. The 2008 Board Of Directors are:

Vincent Berruchon (FRA)
Pat Chewning (USA)
Gary Fluitt (USA)
Peter Klang (SWE)
Hans Koraeus (SWE)
Paul Price (UK)
Wesley Tucker (USA)

The vote forums are now public but LOCKED. The vote difference between the top four and the remaining nominees was substantial (9 votes between 4th and 5th.) Although any egregious and substantial errors on tabulating the votes will be addressed, it would have to be a substantial number of votes to add and subtract to change the outcome.

Also, I totalled the number of votes cast (216) and divided by four. Assuming everyone voted honorably for no more than four nominees, I can safely assume at least 54 ISSA members participated in the election. This is a 50% turnout which I consider commendable.

Let's hope this level of participation and enthusiasm for the ISSA continues into the future.

Wesley Tucker
ISSA Board Member (STILL!) and maybe Secretary
Slalomskateboarder.com Administrator
Last edited by Wesley Tucker on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:02 pm

Congratulations Gary, Peter, Paul and Wes. I'm sure you will all be excellent board members.

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Very cool!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:44 pm

I as a member feel confident that the four of you have the best interests of our sport at heart, good luck with all the work ahead!

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:37 am

That's what we wanted ! EU and US 50/50 ! That's a perfect base for a common solution and maybe some day we have kind of a standardisation? (Race Modus, Ramps, Pro racing division, AM racing division, checklists,etc.)
Ok, that's not punk rock but some regulations do we need to prevent long discussions in every race! :-)
Now it's up to the BOD with the help of us members ....!